Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

You guys are constantly telling the gop to stay out of peoples personal lives/bedroons etc...

But then you shove shit like this right up in our faces all the while demanding we swallow it without a word, otherwise we're just being nosey again.

You can't have it both ways

seriously, then they praise the president for calling someone on their bedroom habits.

I did, it took me to the top of a page, not a post.

Tell me something, if you actually saw my post, and answered it, why are you still insisting that what's his face is the first major sports star to come out?

It's definitely linked to my post. I'd explain to you what an anchor tag is, but what's the point....you know everything already.

Go see post #80 then if you want to know my response. You ignored it once, will you ignore it again?

Post 80?

And there in lies why this is an event worth celebrating. Our country IS making progress despite the efforts of bigots that are still spread throughout the country. Obama was simply congratulating someone on doing something that does take courage. Look at all the hate he is getting in this thread alone, nevermind from teammates who have to share close quarters with him day in and day out. Again, that's the definition of courage which you'd know nothing about since you live your life as a coward.

Let me get this straight, he is not facing any danger, will not be ridiculed, and will not loose his job, yet you still want me to think of him as courageous because he is the first even though there were other people that did it first, and actually got arrested, and fired, as a result. That is as absurd as asking me to think Obama did something wonderful because he was elected president after a bunch of people voted for him.

Wait, you do expect me to believe that about Obama. I see the problem here, you think people should get credit for things they had nothing to do with.

Oh, so I did respond to your post. I guess you found it after all. Who helped you find it? One of the aides down at the "center" show you how to click the link?

The rest of your response is laughable at best. All of a sudden you know that he wont face any ridicule or that it wont impact his job. Once again, you can see the future and know everything.

Please, keep responding though. I can use more signature material.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

How about calling the parents of the Americans who were killed defending the American consulate in Benghazi? Doesn't their courage deserve recognition?

Absolutely.

Forgive me here. Some people actually do things that deserve notice, like cure polio, break the puzzle of DNA or land on the moon, or stand fast and plant the flag on Iwo Jima, get little or no notice. But they strived and sacrificed. I am not sure exactly what admitting being homosexual gained anyone, or why our president would want to give kudos to that person. I might be missing something here. Clue me in.

You guys are constantly telling the gop to stay out of peoples personal lives/bedroons etc...

But then you shove shit like this right up in our faces all the while demanding we swallow it without a word, otherwise we're just being nosey again.

seriously, then they praise the president for calling someone on their bedroom habits.

I have mastered the reverse doggy style wheelbarrow position with my gf, where is my phone call?:cool:

Forgive me here. Some people actually do things that deserve notice, like cure polio, break the puzzle of DNA or land on the moon, or stand fast and plant the flag on Iwo Jima, get little or no notice. But they strived and sacrificed. I am not sure exactly what admitting being homosexual gained anyone, or why our president would want to give kudos to that person. I might be missing something here. Clue me in.

You don't want to understand, let's drop the charade.

obama-phone.jpg

Congratulations on your, uhhhhhhh, coming out party.

Unfortunately, uhhhhhhhh, fruitiness isn't a stat in my fantasy basketball league, so, uhhhhhhhhh, you'll forgive me if I leave your ass in the FA pool.

Last edited:

Actually, I think I understand full well, Gays are exaggerating their worth. And they are creating an artificial social issue. They buy lawyers, to make this a civil rights issue. Money can't buy rights or social conscience. At least I used to think that.

Actually, I think I understand full well, Gays are exaggerating their worth. And they are creating an artificial social issue. They buy lawyers, to make this a civil rights issue. Money can't buy rights or social conscience. At least I used to think that.

Thanks for proving my point.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

I think he was looking for a date and it became a media circus. Who cares......Live and let live.

Your homophobia is showing again, con.

Thats not homophobia, its common sense and logic. Both of which you seem in short supply of

Yeah...you found us out. Our evil agenda....buying lawyers. :doubt:

Oh dear.....Freudian much?

Seriously?

We gotta have priorities...

Sarcasm aside, it does make sense that Obama would call, one gay man to another.

It's definitely linked to my post. I'd explain to you what an anchor tag is, but what's the point....you know everything already.

Go see post #80 then if you want to know my response. You ignored it once, will you ignore it again?

Post 80?

And there in lies why this is an event worth celebrating. Our country IS making progress despite the efforts of bigots that are still spread throughout the country. Obama was simply congratulating someone on doing something that does take courage. Look at all the hate he is getting in this thread alone, nevermind from teammates who have to share close quarters with him day in and day out. Again, that's the definition of courage which you'd know nothing about since you live your life as a coward.

Let me get this straight, he is not facing any danger, will not be ridiculed, and will not loose his job, yet you still want me to think of him as courageous because he is the first even though there were other people that did it first, and actually got arrested, and fired, as a result. That is as absurd as asking me to think Obama did something wonderful because he was elected president after a bunch of people voted for him.

Wait, you do expect me to believe that about Obama. I see the problem here, you think people should get credit for things they had nothing to do with.

Oh, so I did respond to your post. I guess you found it after all. Who helped you find it? One of the aides down at the "center" show you how to click the link?

The rest of your response is laughable at best. All of a sudden you know that he wont face any ridicule or that it wont impact his job. Once again, you can see the future and know everything.

Please, keep responding though. I can use more signature material.

Do you see every single post on this board?

For the record, you did not respond to the post I asked about, you responded to something I said previously. The simple fact is that, despite your ignorance, and the narrative from the media, there were other athletes who were openly gay in the past. That makes your claim that this particular idiot deserves a special pat on the back for being the first nothing but hot air.

Fell free to add that to your signature.

What you missed is how much the president thinks knows about this participial idiot. Maybe it is because he plays basketball, the only thing Obama actually cares about that does not involve sticks. He actually thought what's his name was worthy of a press conference today.

In recent weeks, the president has said he doesn't have enough information to comment on the Gosnell trial. Today, he told Fox News' Ed Henry that he wasn't aware of the latest Benghazi developments. He also noted that his administration needs to "investigate" further on chemical weapons in Syria and US intelligence failures leading up to the Boston bombings. But, interestingly, he was deeply informed about NBA center Jason Collins, who just came out as gay. Obama was so eager to discuss the subject that he actually returned to the podium after wrapping up the press conference. He just couldn't resist addressing this pressing national matter. I understand that the the first active "big four" sport athlete to come out is a newsworthy story. Why we need to hear from the president about it is less understandable. That Obama was more prepared to talk about this situation than Benghazi or Gosnell is a reflection of his priorities.

Obama: "Maybe I Should Just Pack Up and Go Home" - Guy Benson

Forum List

Back