Adults Do Not Play Video Games

Riding bikes is a kiddie games and activity? Not hardly. Here I was under the impression that doing was great exercise and could be a career if one was good enough. lol.

Everyone has their forms of escapism and for some this is their escape.

The dude is probably 4' 5" 320 lbs with diabetes

Said the banned guy. Adults play all sorts of STUPID games. Jesus.Video games are perhaps the least offensive of all the vices I can think of...Spending money at the track, or sticking a needle in your arm or vices like that are better?

A lot of senior citizens love playing card games on computers. I prefer backgammon myself, although I'm not a senior citizen.

A lot of senior citizens love playing card games on computers. I prefer backgammon myself, although I'm not a senior citizen.

I am 70 years old, and the only reason I am not currently playing video games is because I play them on my PC computer, and I don't have a gaming console. PC games are few and far between now, and the last one I wanted to play will not run on my PC because it is not powerful enough. I wanted to play doom 4 but I can't and I am not prepared to upgrade my computer for just one game. If other new games for the PC are released I might upgrade then. But it seems PC games are a dying art.

I am 70 years old, and the only reason I am not currently playing video games is because I play them on my PC computer, and I don't have a gaming console. PC games are few and far between now, and the last one I wanted to play will not run on my PC because it is not powerful enough. I wanted to play doom 4 but I can't and I am not prepared to upgrade my computer for just one game. If other new games for the PC are released I might upgrade then. But it seems PC games are a dying art.
Yeah, you have to update if you want modern games.

I'm more into classic 8-bit stuff myself. There was an excellent remake of the classic (Commodore 64) 8-bit Paradroid for PC (free), I would definitely recommend that one if you are into classic stuff, but be aware that there was a second PC remake of that game which was not as good.

I also love stuff like Tetris, Pinball and similar games.

I'm more into classic 8-bit stuff myself. There was an excellent remake of the classic (Commodore 64) 8-bit Paradroid for PC (free), I would definitely recommend that one if you are into classic stuff, but be aware that there was a second PC remake of that game which was not as good.

I used to repair amusement machines in the 1980's and I used to play the original arcade games like asteroids and space invaders. Well, I had to test the machines didn't I.

I used to repair amusement machines in the 1980's and I used to play the original arcade games like asteroids and space invaders. Well, I had to test the machines didn't I.
cool

Not really. PC games are not dying - they are shifting. You used to go out and buy your PC games at the store. You don't see that anymore because online digital delivery has essentially replaced the old form of marketing PC games. The community there is vibrant.

I had to make the switch to steam awhile ago. I did it grudgingly but it is immensely convenient and the content there is rather expansive. The Indy market is way more prevalent as well - it is a lot easier for small game producers to get into the market now because they can leverage steam whereas they certainly would never see the shelves of wal-mart.

Thanks for reminding me of Steam, I have it on my computer but have not used it for over a year when I played Wolfenstein the 'new order' and 'the old blood'. The old blood stretched my computer to its limits and I had to play it in low definition. I was just searching for games to play and found Halo 2 but it says it runs on windows vista, and I do not know if it will run on windows 10.

Thanks for reminding me of Steam, I have it on my computer but have not used it for over a year when I played Wolfenstein the 'new order' and 'the old blood'. The old blood stretched my computer to its limits and I had to play it in low definition. I was just searching for games to play and found Halo 2 but it says it runs on windows vista, and I do not know if it will run on windows 10.
It should.

If you are looking at it on steam, you have 2 hours of playtime I believe to return the game and get a refund. Not sure of the calendar days but you can always get it and then if it does not work return it.

If you do not want to upgrade but are looking for some new content I would encourage you to look through the indie titles. There is less representation of 3D FPS there but there is a lot of content for very little money. Some of it is very interesting and I have found some good gems there. I tend to stick to the A games as well but then again I keep my computer up to spec so I can play them.

Microsoft releases 100% of games that are developed for the XBox One on the PC. There are more games for the PC than for Xbox One and PS4 combined. Because both PS4 and Xbox One are nothing but PC's with a custom OS, cross development is extremely simple.

Get a Steam account, everything you could ever want is there.

Microsoft releases 100% of games that are developed for the XBox One on the PC. There are more games for the PC than for Xbox One and PS4 combined. Because both PS4 and Xbox One are nothing but PC's with a custom OS, cross development is extremely simple.

Not true. Microsoft games are only available on the windows 10 store. And most of the stuff available on steam is shovelware garbage.
And yes I'm a pc gamer too. Got a gtx 1080 & a rift.

Not true. Microsoft games are only available on the windows 10 store. And most of the stuff available on steam is shovelware garbage.

Origin, UPlay. BattleNet, these all have exclusive games. But Steam is by far the largest.
And Xbox games are not on any of those platforms. Just like they used to only be available via GFWL now they're only available via Win10 store.
I just don't wanna see someone upgrade a pc or buy a new one thinking Xbox games can be bought outside of the Windows store cause they can't. Most pc gamers hate the windows store but Microsoft is "trying" to build an ecosystem to rival the others. It will fail just like GFWL did

[
And Xbox games are not on any of those platforms. Just like they used to only be available via GFWL now they're only available via Win10 store.
I just don't wanna see someone upgrade a pc or buy a new one thinking Xbox games can be bought outside of the Windows store cause they can't. Most pc gamers hate the windows store but Microsoft is "trying" to build an ecosystem to rival the others. It will fail just like GFWL did

GFWL was malware. I haven't bought anything from the Windows store, so I have no idea if it is intrusive. MOST of the Triple A games on XBox are from third party developers, which means most of them are on Steam. Only the MS Studio games are restricted to Xbox Live (Windows Store.)

When I read the topic name, I had to take a step back. Why wouldn't adults play video games? I'm 50-years-old and I can lose at more Wii games than anyone that I know. However, Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gun Game is my guilty pleasure. Yes, I'm the guy with the knife. Platform? It doesn't matter, I've got them all.

I'm in the process of putting together a new rig and was going to get the 1080 and Oculus. Is 16 ram enough and have you ever played any of the flight sims?

I'm in the process of putting together a new rig and was going to get the 1080 and Oculus. Is 16 ram enough and have you ever played any of the flight sims?
Sixteen should be fine as long as your graphics card is a 2 gig minimum and your processor is at least a 4 core. I put a 4GB card in mine with 32 gigs of RAM and an AMD 8 core and a gaming level mobo, nothing is slow on that machine.

Sixteen should be fine as long as your graphics card is a 2 gig minimum and your processor is at least a 4 core. I put a 4GB card in mine with 32 gigs of RAM and an AMD 8 core and a gaming level mobo, nothing is slow on that machine.

Thank you for the info.

I know just enough to get me in trouble. Power supply in my box went down and I have this Dell FXR to use while I shop around. Has been a damn good machine, older I7, 2.8g, 8gig and a 240 SSD. Never been a gamer but when I started shopping around I found out I could dogfight others online. Never been a data/video junkie and all the packages you can get have a bunch of junk I don't want so I want to put the money in the best machine. I only have 80 gig used on this SSD. Don't even think I need a HHD. So I was thinking latest I7, 16gig, 1080 card with 4gig, 500SSD and increase connection rate to 100.

Or like watching football, right?

Wait?

Nope, same thing - you are just an idiot.
Typical mindless defensiveness.

Does it matter? If someone lets it rule their life, yes they have a problem. But the overwhelming majority of gamers do it for fun, entertainment and relaxation. Why does that bother you?

As for your comparison.....

"
- riding bikes
- playing pretend war
- making and flying paper airplanes
- playing with toy cars and RC cars
- playing hide and seek
- throwing around a football
-playing dodgeball"

I'm 56 and my wife and I ride bikes often.
How many adults play paintball games? Same as playing pretend war.
Paper airplanes? When they grow up they can afford better toy planes.
RC cars and RC planes are a hobby for plenty of people.
I've been known to throw a football. People do things for fun and relaxation.

This idea that a "man" has to be serious all the time is simply ridiculous. Lighten up. Who cares what someone does for a hobby or entertainment, as long as no one is hurt.

You keep thinking you are too manly for such children's games. I'm sure someone will be impressed. As for me, I'm not worried about someone elses toys.

New Topics

Forum List

Back