Affirmative action. Right or wrong

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
There are different views on affirmative action in this country. One thing is certain though. It doesn't help to solve the problem of racial inequality in this country. On the contrary, the divide becomes even bigger thanks to the gifts from the government. Vicious circle works the following way:
1) Tell minorities they are being discriminated.
2) Promise them gifts and indulgence.
3) Bingo! They are now totally reliant on your help, yet believing everything in this country is against them.

AA is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in america. Case closed.

3) Bingo! They are now totally reliant on your help, yet believing everything in this country is against them.

Steps on how to have this opinion.

Step1: Ignore discrimination. Preferably make it seem as if minorities are being taught discrimination is a problem. Not that they have ever experienced it themselves.

Step2: Pretend as if being treated fairly is a "gift" from whites that they dont have to extend to others

Step3: Bingo! Now your opinion is based on nothing other than "yer gut" since evidence has been thrown out the window

Step1: Ignore discrimination. Preferably make it seem as if minorities are being taught discrimination is a problem. Not that they have ever experienced it themselves.

Step2: Pretend as if being treated fairly is a "gift" from whites that they dont have to extend to others

Step3: Bingo! Now your opinion is based on nothing other than "yer gut" since evidence has been thrown out the window
How is it "being treated fairly" to get preferential treatment? You understand the question, right?

How is it "being treated fairly" to get preferential treatment? You understand the question, right?

What did we have before AA? Any preferential treatment then?

Well, if there was, how do you make things fair?

America should be about equal opportunity. We have that by law. Period.

Laws cannot control the individual human heart.

Affirmative Action is incredibly damaging to blacks and whites and violates the equal protection provision of the Constitution.

Stop the social engineering. Let people succeed or fail on their own merits.

Affirmative Action is incredibly damaging to blacks and whites and violates the equal protection provision of the Constitution.

Thats funny because to only people I hear say that AA hurts black people is white people.

Dont you think if it hurt, the people who are hurt would find out first?

If affirmative action for blacks is wrong, then assigning handicapped parking for handicapped people is also wrong.

Thats funny because to only people I hear say that AA hurts black people is white people.

One cannot always account for stupidity. :( Almost 40 years of AA has not improved their lot. It is another liberal solution that does not work.

The following is black poverty rates since 2000.

fig1.png

One cannot always account for stupidity. :( Almost 40 years of AA has not improved their lot. It is another liberal solution that does not work.

fig1.png

So? Again, I appreciate your concern but if it truely hurt people who arent you, would you be crying about it so hard?

Hit dog always yelps

fig1.png

Yes blacks are still discriminated against. Thanks for proving the point that we need AA.

What did we have before AA? Any preferential treatment then?

Well, if there was, how do you make things fair?

In the past competent potential employees were overlooked due to their skin color or gender. We have now moved to a system where we accept ONLY people of certain gender or skin color into jobs EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITION.

We've talked about it repeatedly recently with the NYFD and the US Military..... where there is (or is trying to be created) a separate, unequal standard for some group to get more of them into a position EVEN THOUGH THEY DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS.

I'll give you a personal example from about 1995..... I applied for a bureaucratic/desk position with a large Fire Department in Connecticut (where I lived). I got an interview but didn't get the job. 3 months later the job appeared again. I got an interview this time but was told what I'd heard through the grape vine the first time..... The Fire Department was going to use this position (which was considered a FD job, even though it was totally desk bound) to increase their "minority/female" numbers which the State had been beating on them over. Not being either a female or a minority I didn't get the job again. 2 months later, the exact same situation. After about a year of this started the Fire Department cancelled the program/job that kept coming open because they couldn't fill it with a competent individual who also met their minority criteria. It's too bad because the project would have been very useful to the actual firefighters if it had ever gone into service.

If affirmative action for blacks is wrong, then assigning handicapped parking for handicapped people is also wrong.

So you are saying (or believing) blacks are handicapped?

Really? In what way, and be specific?
He thinks blacks are handicapped by low IQ I guess. But shouldn't that be on an individual basis because not all blacks have low IQ as do some whites?

So you are saying (or believing) blacks are handicapped?

Really? In what way, and be specific?

Nope, I didn't say what you said. Here let me repeat, see if you can understand it.

Come back again if you didn't understand it this time either. I will repost it as often as it takes for you to understand the basic principle of my comment.

Racism is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.....affirmative action is racism...and it needs to be stopped....

fig1.png

So? Again, I appreciate your concern but if it truely hurt people who arent you, would you be crying about it so hard?

Hit dog always yelps

We are all Americas. I don't choose to see a white or black America. I don't put people in silos based on skin color. That is a Democrat strategy.

I believe the overwhelming number of white Americans want blacks to be successful and get their shit together. The only way that happens is for blacks to start taking responsibility for their own communities and for whites to stop coddling them.

Forum List

Back