Affirmative action. Right or wrong

There are different views on affirmative action in this country. One thing is certain though. It doesn't help to solve the problem of racial inequality in this country. On the contrary, the divide becomes even bigger thanks to the gifts from the government. Vicious circle works the following way:
1) Tell minorities they are being discriminated.
2) Promise them gifts and indulgence.
3) Bingo! They are now totally reliant on your help, yet believing everything in this country is against them.

Right and wrong are really non-issues here. The issue it was designed to deal with was clear discrimination and the prevention of minorities from progressing within our society. So the only two questions which matter are 1) has it been effective in attaining that goal and 2) if so, does it continue to be effective.

Poverty rates have gotten worse for blacks over the past 15 years.

The black middle class has grown a great deal since 1970 but has started to shrink in a big way under Obama (so has the white middle class).

Overall....the data regarding affirmative action doesn't look great.

Yes discrimination and racism is partly to blame, which means we need more AA. Once again, thank you for agreeing with the dems.

Yes...let's fight racism and discrimination by doing more of it.....you really are a moron.........what government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party did you graduate from.....?

Sorry, chemotherapy is painful. But cancer is worse. Which one do you opt for? I don't like chemo. The only way to stop it is for the cancer to die.

Get it,? Stop blaming the victims.

1) Tell minorities they are being discriminated.
2) Promise them gifts and indulgence.
3) Bingo! They are now totally reliant on your help, yet believing everything in this country is against them.

Steps on how to have this opinion.

Step1: Ignore discrimination. Preferably make it seem as if minorities are being taught discrimination is a problem. Not that they have ever experienced it themselves.

Step2: Pretend as if being treated fairly is a "gift" from whites that they dont have to extend to others

Step3: Bingo! Now your opinion is based on nothing other than "yer gut" since evidence has been thrown out the window

I am not saying minorities and troublesome categories of American citizens should be left all alone. Some degree of support and governmental intervention is necessary. The way our government is addressing the problem troubles me though. Promote education, move people out of economically depressive areas, create more jobs. But in no way it is acceptable to discriminate against whites in order to save others.

Racism is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.....affirmative action is racism...and it needs to be stopped....

Nope AA is not racism. If AA is racism, then using your "logic" you are saying blacks are inviting racism upon themselves? Or that American people support the policy of racism? Or that somehow we accept racism as a public policy? Sorry, I disagree.

Affirmative Action is racism...it is giving special treatment to someone based on the color of their skin...moron....how is that not racism........and yes...too many people have fallen for democrat racism....they buy votes by supporting giving special treatment to people based on their race.....

if the democrats would stop being racists we could get past race as an issue..........

Nope, AA is not any more racist than handicapped parking is discriminatory or that we provide special treatment to some people who do not have the same privilege as us.

I don't like AA either, just I don't like taking my meds. But until I get better, the doctor says I must take my meds.

Sorry, if you don't like AA then you need to focus on ending racism. Don't blame the victims, blame the perpetrators. Case closed. Next?

Hey man....I'm just busting your balls a little. Yeah....you really are a victim. No way you will ever be successful. There are way too many meanies out there.

I really would just give up. :(

My father was career US Navy and he told me many a good sailor was passed over due to affirmative action and people not nearly as qualified made advancement, that's not right

Democrats certainly treat blacks like their handicapped. It is disgusting.

Time to buck up people! Work hard....get an education....raise your children. It's pretty simple.

If someone is mean to you stop crying. Fuck 'em and prove the assholes wrong. Stop making excuses and man up. Okay?

What the F are you talking about? Who's treating blacks like they're handicapped? And if dems are treating blacks like handicapped then why do dems consistently get black votes in the 90s percentile?

What you are saying is blacks invite racism and self humiliation from the dems upon themselves? Gawd, you Fucks Nuse viewers are complete morons.

Good point! :thup: Democrat politicians and their policies are certainly working great in Baltimore....Detroit...Chicago....St Louis....etc.

I say...based on the evidence, you folks need to keep voting Democrat. Seems to be working for ya. :D

Oh so sorry, more food stamps recipients are whites than blacks. And the blacks are once again victims of social injustices from generations past. OK I got it, you convinced me, we need to ramp up AA. I will write my congressman tonight. Bye!

My father was career US Navy and he told me many a good sailor was passed over due to affirmative action and people not nearly as qualified made advancement, that's not right

I agree AA is not the best solution just as chemo is not the most desirable solution. But cancer is worse. I'd rather go through the pain of chemo than suffer from the cancer. Get it?

But what about all the victims? :( Every black person in America is a victim....so that justifies everything.

It justifies failure to raise your children....and the genocidal homicide rate...and every other social ill.

Don't you have any mercy for the victims??? :boohoo::crybaby::crybaby:

I agree AA is not the best solution just as chemo is not the most desirable solution. But cancer is worse. I'd rather go through the pain of chemo than suffer from the cancer. Get it?

Go away, troll

Racism is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.....affirmative action is racism...and it needs to be stopped....

Nope AA is not racism. If AA is racism, then using your "logic" you are saying blacks are inviting racism upon themselves? Or that American people support the policy of racism? Or that somehow we accept racism as a public policy? Sorry, I disagree.

Affirmative Action is racism...it is giving special treatment to someone based on the color of their skin...moron....how is that not racism........and yes...too many people have fallen for democrat racism....they buy votes by supporting giving special treatment to people based on their race.....

if the democrats would stop being racists we could get past race as an issue..........

Nope, AA is not any more racist than handicapped parking is discriminatory or that we provide special treatment to some people who do not have the same privilege as us.

I don't like AA either, just I don't like taking my meds. But until I get better, the doctor says I must take my meds.

Sorry, if you don't like AA then you need to focus on ending racism. Don't blame the victims, blame the perpetrators. Case closed. Next?

Hey man....I'm just busting your balls a little. Yeah....you really are a victim. No way you will ever be successful. There are way too many meanies out there.

I really would just give up. :(

Hey buddy, I told you to go watch Fucke Nuse. Go! ;-)

But what about all the victims? :( Every black person in America is a victim....so that justifies everything.

It justifies failure to raise your children....and the genocidal homicide rate...and every other social ill.

I have zero mercy,if you can't advance on your own merits then stay behind

Go away, troll

Public forum. Don't like it? Don't read it. Get it, you stupid rightie?

If affirmative action for blacks is wrong, then assigning handicapped parking for handicapped people is also wrong.

Comparing blacks to handicapped. What a liberal and anti-racist comment to make!
In no way black people are handicapped by their blackness. Their culture is different, their skin color is different, their heritage is different. Their intellectual opportunities are equal to those of white people. The only thing they have to do is to step out of vicious circle. That's not the way our government wants it though.

I have zero mercy,if you can't advance on your own merits then stay behind

And I have zero mercy, if you continue to support racism and are blind to the social injustices suffered by minorities.

We're even!

Go away, troll

Ignored, asshole. You bring nothing but BS to the table

If affirmative action for blacks is wrong, then assigning handicapped parking for handicapped people is also wrong.

Comparing blacks to handicapped. What a liberal and anti-racist comment to make!
In no way black people are handicapped by their blackness. Their culture is different, their skin color is different, their heritage is different. Their intellectual opportunities are equal to those of white people. The only thing they have to do is to step out of vicious circle. That's not the way our government wants it though.

I compared the white trash racist's racism as a mental handicap. Remember, unlike the RWers, I never blame the rape victim for committing the rape. I blame the rapists.

Blacks don't have the same job opportunities, the same justice, the same treatment as white people do. So we fundamentally disagree on the environment in which blacks and whites grow up in America.

In a language you might understand: I don't blame blacks for being victims of racism. I blame the racist trash people in America for victimizing the minorities.

Go away, troll

Ignored, asshole. You bring nothing but BS to the table

OK then F your dog and cat in the backyard, I didn't invite you to respond to my posts. Go watch Fucks Nuse, you idiot.

White people camp fire stories.

On a dark and stormy night I once knew a perfectly good white guy passed over for..... a negro

*thunder crashes* *white girl shreiks*

LOL....Racism doesnt exist and if it does its black peoples fault for not "stepping out of the vicious circle".

Apparently teh "vicious circle" is America. And blacks need to step out of it or get over it

Blacks are discriminated against. I will speak for myself when I say that blacks are neither handicapped nor incapable nor lazy nor stupid. Blacks are discriminated against.

The racists find that last comment of mine very hurtful. Poor poor racists never understand why AA exists in the first place.
You made the analogy. Stick with it and admit you think blacks are handicapped.

How many hours a day do you watch Fucks Nuse?
None. I live in Prague and we don't get Fox, just CNN and BBC.

Your idiot analogy is as puerile as that vid you have in your signature I had the misfortune of watching. Sorry bud, you're a dime-a-dozen hack.

Hey, this is a free world. You do'nt have to watch my videos nor do you have to read my posts.

Again, AA exists because of racism, just as handicapped spots exist because people lose their phsycial capabilities. There's a solution to every problem.

Racism is the problem, created by racists, not by minorities. AA is a partial solution to cure the problem. The problem is rsacism. And not it does not mean minorities are handicapped as some of your right wing moronic intellectually handicapped fucks news viewers on this forum suggest.

Forum List

Back