Affirmative Action should be abolished

The problem with affirmative action is it discriminates against people who are better qualified in order to fulfill "quotas"

You'd have a point if people were chosen on objective criteria alone . They are not .

Is Bob the "most qualified " for the job because his uncle happens to be the office manager ?

The problem with affirmative action is it discriminates against people who are better qualified in order to fulfill "quotas"

You'd have a point if people were chosen on objective criteria alone . They are not .

Is Bob the "most qualified " for the job because his uncle happens to be the office manager ?

Timmy....stop bothering me. My father was career Navy, I know all about qualified people getting passed over to fill quotas

Oh . And at least two of the GOP prez candidates were helped by affirmative action .

Carly and Carson!

I'm guessing they are now against AA cause they are in the GOP . Oh the irony !

Until racists are a very small percentage of the population, Affirmative Action is necessary. If black students do less well than other students in law school, it makes sense to look at their secondary schools.

What about the black racists, asshole? Can we have WHITE Affirmative Action until they're all weeded out?
Go suck on something.
What about racist Senior Chiefs who are afforded positions of responsibility in the Navy?
Why we need affirmative action to keep them in check

Timmy....stop bothering me. My father was career Navy, I know all about qualified people getting passed over to fill quotas

Then you also know about the racism through our military's past .

Do you mind affirmative action for military vets ? Vets get all sorts of preferences for jobs .

Then you also know about the racism through our military's past .

Do you mind affirmative action for military vets ? Vets get all sorts of preferences for jobs .

Timmy, you're an idiot, you've proven that time and time again. Stop bothering the grown ups

Prior to Affirmative Action, blacks were relegated to menial positions and women were restricted to "women's jobs" teacher, nurse, secretary, cashier

We have come a long way as affirmative action ensured that all positions were open everyone

Yes, sometimes that's true. But sometimes it helps women get their businesses up and running and gives a kid a chance to be the first in his family to attend college and break a bad cycle. I'll be very happy when we don't need it anymore; we've come a long way in my lifetime, but this past decade seems to have done a bit of a back pedal.

Yes, sometimes that's true. But sometimes it helps women get their businesses up and running and gives a kid a chance to be the first in his family to attend college and break a bad cycle. I'll be very happy when we don't need it anymore; we've come a long way in my lifetime, but this past decade seems to have done a bit of a back pedal.

Sorry but when someone that is more qualified gets past over due to aa it's wrong

Sorry but when someone that is more qualified gets past over due to aa it's wrong
I would hazard to guess that even SmellyIrishAss has benefitted from affirmative action in her lifetime

Until racists are a very small percentage of the population, Affirmative Action is necessary. If black students do less well than other students in law school, it makes sense to look at their secondary schools.
maybe you should look at pookies parents. If you have all other races coming out of a school and doing will for the most part, but the blacks from that same school are all doing poorly for the most part, then its not the school. It falls on personal responsibility.
I invite you to take a stroll through a high school in South Chicago and then tour one in the burbs. Then we'll talk about all schools being just fine. It isn't just single moms who are creating the problems, although dysfunctional families sure don't help.

maybe you should look at pookies parents. If you have all other races coming out of a school and doing will for the most part, but the blacks from that same school are all doing poorly for the most part, then its not the school. It falls on personal responsibility.
I invite you to take a stroll through a high school in South Chicago and then tour one in the burbs. Then we'll talk about all schools being just fine. It isn't just single moms who are creating the problems, although dysfunctional families sure don't help.
are you telling me that NO children do well in these schools?
I do know that Baltimore city schools have a higher per student cost for schools than the surrounding counties, but those Baltimore city schools are basically total failures. Evidently its not the money that is the problem. Cant teach Toenailisha math if all she wants to do is run the neighborhood smoking crack and making babies.

It sucks! As I've said before, I no longer live in a "diverse" part of the country, and we don't have businesses big enough to worry about quotas. Is it time to abolish AA? Will everyone get a fair shot?

are you telling me that NO children do well in these schools?
I do know that Baltimore city schools have a higher per student cost for schools than the surrounding counties, but those Baltimore city schools are basically total failures. Evidently its not the money that is the problem. Cant teach Toenailisha math if all she wants to do is run the neighborhood smoking crack and making babies.
oh my, we know where you stand and why you don't like AA. Hopefully you're one of Rabbi's "miniscule minority."

What about the black racists, asshole? Can we have WHITE Affirmative Action until they're all weeded out?
Go suck on something.
Seems I hit a nerve. Racists are haters who breed more hate. Why should blacks love whites who, in general, have treated them like shit and continue to treat them like shit? If they loved us, I'd be worried. Folks like you caused Affirmative Action in the first place, and the longer you kick and scream about it, the longer fairness will be shoved down your throat.

Sorry dipshit
I think you have me confused with a dead slave owner
I had nothing to do with that generation asshole
I guess I could whine about the 5 million poles killed by the Germans in ww2 - but, I wasn't there either
So - go suck a black dicknif it helps you feel like you're giving something back
I don't owe those fuckers a damn thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks! As I've said before, I no longer live in a "diverse" part of the country, and we don't have businesses big enough to worry about quotas. Is it time to abolish AA? Will everyone get a fair shot?
everyone doesnt get a fair shot with AA, so whats the difference?
Its past time for the white male to have his chance again.

"Positive" discrimination is not positive

Candidates should be speaking about this more!
Nonsense.

Affirmative action is both appropriate and Constitutional; public entities should be allowed to implement affirmative action policies in accordance with the law where and when warranted, where such policies in no way manifest as 'reverse discrimination,' a truly ridiculous notion completely devoid of merit.

All I know is my father told me many a good, qualified sailor got passed over and careers stalled and ruined due to it. That's wrong

All I know is my father told me many a good, qualified sailor got passed over and careers stalled and ruined due to it. That's wrong
I worked for years in a government office where I saw only candidates that were black advance to final interviews.
If no blacks applied for a job, it had to be posted again until they did get blacks.
Its total bullshit and most of the time what was hired was a totally incompetent chip on their shoulder POS.

Racists are a miniscule percentage of the white population. And a big percentage of the black population.
Black student do less well in every school. They enter kindergarten less prepared than white counterparts. There are ways of dealing with this and boosting black performance but until the narrative of a "racist society" is overturned there is little hope.
That's warped, Rabbi. Take a read through "Wonder Why Black Culture is Failing" if you think racists are a miniscule percentage of the population. And it is perfectly okay for you to go ahead and deal with the impoverished environment in poor neighborhoods without taking the pressure off racists to behave themselves.
I have read through it. I contributed to the thread. There are, what, 6 people posting there? AM I supposed to believe the America is racist because 6 people responded to a post on a message board?
The racists are in the impoverished neighborhoods. Tis is the problem. What people there need is self motivation, not excuses for their poor performance.

Forum List

Back