Affirmative Action should be abolished

"Positive" discrimination is not positive

Candidates should be speaking about this more!
Affirmative action is illegal. It violates the protections of the 14th Amendment. And worst of all it has been a disaster for the very people it has claimed to help. Blacks are worse off today than they were 30 years ago.

That's not true . Blacks are better off than ever .

Righties just make shit up all the time.
You aer simply wrong.
The Wage Gap by Gender & Race Timeline History (White, Black, Hispanic, Men & Women)

Until racists are a very small percentage of the population, Affirmative Action is necessary. If black students do less well than other students in law school, it makes sense to look at their secondary schools.

What about the black racists, asshole? Can we have WHITE Affirmative Action until they're all weeded out?
Go suck on something.
Seems I hit a nerve. Racists are haters who breed more hate. Why should blacks love whites who, in general, have treated them like shit and continue to treat them like shit? If they loved us, I'd be worried. Folks like you caused Affirmative Action in the first place, and the longer you kick and scream about it, the longer fairness will be shoved down your throat.
It is not fairness to award admissions, hiring and promotion to someone for no other reason than the color of his skin. It is discrimination by definition.

The problem with affirmative action is it discriminates against people who are better qualified in order to fulfill "quotas"

You'd have a point if people were chosen on objective criteria alone . They are not .

Is Bob the "most qualified " for the job because his uncle happens to be the office manager ?
Is that what you blame your failure on?
In fact race plays a role in almost every hiring decision, and it is weighted towards blacks. That is discrimination.

Prior to Affirmative Action, blacks were relegated to menial positions and women were restricted to "women's jobs" teacher, nurse, secretary, cashier

We have come a long way as affirmative action ensured that all positions were open everyone
As usual you are talking out of your ass. There were black doctors, lawyers, accountants, tradesmen etc etc even in the Jim Crow era.

Affirmative action is illegal. It violates the protections of the 14th Amendment. And worst of all it has been a disaster for the very people it has claimed to help. Blacks are worse off today than they were 30 years ago.
Care to provide facts on your assertion? All blacks? Some blacks? Age based? Geography based? Lumping an entire race into a single claim like that is absurd.
Is it any more absurd to lump the entire population of white males into a category that allows them to be racially disadvantaged due to some pre-conceived notion of fault?

I asked you to explain your broad sweeping claim, not try to weasel out of it by asking another question.

The problem with affirmative action is it discriminates against people who are better qualified in order to fulfill "quotas"
Yes, sometimes that's true. But sometimes it helps women get their businesses up and running and gives a kid a chance to be the first in his family to attend college and break a bad cycle. I'll be very happy when we don't need it anymore; we've come a long way in my lifetime, but this past decade seems to have done a bit of a back pedal.
It helps women at the expense of men who are better qualified. It helps blacks at the expense of whites who are better qualified. That is unjust.
So when wont we need affirmative action anymore? We have had it for 40 years. It hasnt helped.

You'd have a point if people were chosen on objective criteria alone . They are not .

Is Bob the "most qualified " for the job because his uncle happens to be the office manager ?

Timmy....stop bothering me. My father was career Navy, I know all about qualified people getting passed over to fill quotas

Then you also know about the racism through our military's past .

Do you mind affirmative action for military vets ? Vets get all sorts of preferences for jobs .

Timmy, you're an idiot, you've proven that time and time again. Stop bothering the grown ups

Whevevr some one brings up a counter point you don't like you just hurl an insult .

Why don't you reply ? Oh, cause you can't .

From what I hear there are lots of politics in military promotions . You make it seem like "most qualified " is this easily identified thing .

Yes, sometimes that's true. But sometimes it helps women get their businesses up and running and gives a kid a chance to be the first in his family to attend college and break a bad cycle. I'll be very happy when we don't need it anymore; we've come a long way in my lifetime, but this past decade seems to have done a bit of a back pedal.

Sorry but when someone that is more qualified gets past over due to aa it's wrong
I would hazard to guess that even SmellyIrishAss has benefitted from affirmative action in her lifetime
I would hazard a guess that affirmative action wouldn't help overcome your negatices even if you were a disabled transgendered black woman.

It helps women at the expense of men who are better qualified. It helps blacks at the expense of whites who are better qualified. That is unjust.
So when wont we need affirmative action anymore? We have had it for 40 years. It hasnt helped.

Hasn't helped ? Carly and Carson seem to be doing ok .

Nonsense.

Affirmative action is both appropriate and Constitutional; public entities should be allowed to implement affirmative action policies in accordance with the law where and when warranted, where such policies in no way manifest as 'reverse discrimination,' a truly ridiculous notion completely devoid of merit.
AA violates the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

Prior to Affirmative Action, blacks were relegated to menial positions and women were restricted to "women's jobs" teacher, nurse, secretary, cashier

We have come a long way as affirmative action ensured that all positions were open everyone
As usual you are talking out of your ass. There were black doctors, lawyers, accountants, tradesmen etc etc even in the Jim Crow era.
Yup...in insignificant numbers
They were sent to black colleges and restricted to a primarily black clientele
Affirmative Action actually opened up white universities to black students. It forced hospitals to hire black doctors.

Great concept wasn't it?

Timmy....stop bothering me. My father was career Navy, I know all about qualified people getting passed over to fill quotas

Do you mind affirmative action for military vets ? Vets get all sorts of preferences for jobs .

Timmy, you're an idiot, you've proven that time and time again. Stop bothering the grown ups

Whevevr some one brings up a counter point you don't like you just hurl an insult .

From what I hear there are lots of politics in military promotions . You make it seem like "most qualified " is this easily identified thing .

I prefer to get my info from someone who actually served....not some limp wrist like you

You're an idiot. Those two would be top in their field regardless of AA. And AA is actually an insult to them because morons like you assume they got where they are because of AA and not because they are talented and skilled people.

You're an idiot. Those two would be top in their field regardless of AA. And AA is actually an insult to them because morons like you assume they got where they are because of AA and not because they are talented and skilled people.

What Timmy is saying that blacks "need" AA, he doesn't realize it but it's what he is saying

Yup...in insignificant numbers
They were sent to black colleges and restricted to a primarily black clientele
Affirmative Action actually opened up white universities to black students. It forced hospitals to hire black doctors.

Great concept wasn't it?
Segregation ended in the mid 1960s. Affirmative action didnt start until the mid 1970s. There were already blacks going to college, and finishing by the time it started. Actually long before that since many blacks went to historically black colleges.
All AA did was increase minority failure as schools admitted people unqualified and therefore failed to finish.

What Timmy is saying that blacks "need" AA, he doesn't realize it but it's what he is saying
It is a classic demonstration of liberal racism. Blacks cannot compete successfully with whites on equal terms so they need AA. It is monstrous and a lie.

I prefer to get my info from someone who actually served....not some limp wrist like you

Your dad served not you .

Hey . Someone has to work to pay the salaries for those who serve .

It is a classic demonstration of liberal racism. Blacks cannot compete successfully with whites on equal terms so they need AA. It is monstrous and a lie.

I went to college with people that had no business being there, I wondered how they got accepted...I finally figured it out

Your dad served not you .

Hey . Someone has to work to pay the salaries for those who serve .

Exactly, dimwit so I will take what my Dad said over what you said. Do you constantly shoot your toe off?

I went to college with people that had no business being there, I wondered how they got accepted...I finally figured it out
Abd I wonder how many finished. How many finished with degrees that were worth something.

Forum List

Back