After 1st date, I don't need to know if a woman arrived home safely if........

she has no intentions of seeing or talking to me again. Why the fuck would I need a text from a girl letting me know she made it home safely if we won't ever talk again? And the same goes for me. if I meet someone off of match.com and don't like what I see, she doesn't need to know if I made it home safe because I decided to move on with my life

So many stupid ass woman in this world
I imagine after her encounter with you she's thinking...so many stupid-ass men in this world. Has no intention of ever seeing you again, yet was polite enough to message you. Sounds like a class act deserving of much better than you.

she has no intentions of seeing or talking to me again. Why the fuck would I need a text from a girl letting me know she made it home safely if we won't ever talk again? And the same goes for me. if I meet someone off of match.com and don't like what I see, she doesn't need to know if I made it home safe because I decided to move on with my life

I imagine after her encounter with you she's thinking...so many stupid-ass men in this world. Has no intention of ever seeing you again, yet was polite enough to message you. Sounds like a class act deserving of much better than you.
How could a man expect a second date is he didn't personally get the lady home safely on the first one?

This thread was derailed by the second post. The topic of discussion is whether you should call someone that you never plan on seeing again to let them no that you made it home safely.

I say, "no". I think it is extremely insensitive and disrespectful. It also has the potential of sending the wrong message. If a woman texted to tell me that she made it home safely then I would giggle and text back to say, "I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a bear. he he he. I look forward to seeing you again next Friday night." This type of text would cover all the basis. Either she will be freaked out that she was a dumb ass who led me on or she will think that I am funny and will continue texting me for hours on end.

I agree with the OP. The text was inappropriate. If you hate the guy then it isn't necessary to passive-aggressively rub it in.

Whoa! So many males, such tender feewings!

Who knew?

Regards from Rosie

Whoa! So many males, such tender feewings!

Who knew?

Regards from Rosie

Are you saying that a woman should text the guy to tell him that she arrived home safely? If you don't care about him then what makes you think that he is obligated to care about you? This really doesn't make too much sense to me.

Let me see if I understand your thought process:

Men are obligated to be sexually, emotionally, mentally, socially and physically attracted to every woman in the world.

Woman are obligated to jack squat.

Has it ever occurred to you that the guy doesn't give a crap about you either? or Is that a total impossibility? Geez! Get over yourself and leave the poor guy alone. He's ugly. So what! It doesn't mean that he is begging to be tortured for it.

Last edited:

All this pent up frustration towards women. Stop fighting it...come out and set yourself free. JR is available.:thup:

I love women. You guys and ladies can learn a lot from me. ;)

Because, some people actually CARE about other people, even if they have no plans to fuck them. :rolleyes-41:

Because, some people actually CARE about other people, even if they have no plans to fuck them. :rolleyes-41:

Only men though. Women don't have to care about anybody. They can send hurtful texts without being criticized.

Some of us recognize this double standard that you are promoting.

All this pent up frustration towards women. Stop fighting it...come out and set yourself free. JR is available.:thup:

Just because a guy is frustrated with women doesn't mean he want to be around the gay mutherfucker

ignore women, work on yourself. Masterbate more- you might be giving off the desperado cologne smell. Women can sense neediness a mile away.

There's truth to this. Every guy at a bar goes for the women, and I sit at the bar and I wait so I'm the last one and ask her, "you got enough drinks there to reserve a cab 5 hrs in advance, was any of them worth it?" Immediately I get a laugh and we hit it off from there.

Only men though. Women don't have to care about anybody. They can send hurtful texts without being criticized.

Some of us recognize this double standard that you are promoting.

Only men though what? I said SOME PEOPLE. Not men or women. Some women AND MEN are douchebags (as is obviously apparent by the OP). Some women and men are caring people.

Everything is always about sex with men. Always. I don't really fit in.... I feel like I've become WAY too disciplined Christine.

This thread was derailed by the second post. The topic of discussion is whether you should call someone that you never plan on seeing again to let them no that you made it home safely.

I say, "no". I think it is extremely insensitive and disrespectful. It also has the potential of sending the wrong message. If a woman texted to tell me that she made it home safely then I would giggle and text back to say, "I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a bear. he he he. I look forward to seeing you again next Friday night." This type of text would cover all the basis. Either she will be freaked out that she was a dumb ass who led me on or she will think that I am funny and will continue texting me for hours on end.

I agree with the OP. The text was inappropriate. If you hate the guy then it isn't necessary to passive-aggressively rub it in.

Dude, you too sensitive. If a women texts you that no matter how the date went you ALWAYS tell her, "I'm glad and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night." I don't care if she was trying to be an ass or not. You are either a gentleman or you aren't.

Only men though what? I said SOME PEOPLE. Not men or women. Some women AND MEN are douchebags (as is obviously apparent by the OP). Some women and men are caring people.

Let me paint the picture for you.

Joey goes on a date with Tammy. For safety purposes they travel in separate vehicles. They eat dinner, watch a movie or whatever the case may be. It was probably an awkward date and not a lot of sparks flying everywhere. Joey thinks Tammy is pretty cute. Joey doesn't know how Tammy feels. They leave and go their separate way in their separate vehicles. Joey thinks, "Man she was really cute, nice and met several other attributes that I find appealing but it didn't seem to go too well. I'll probably never hear from her again." Joey counts it a loss and goes home. A few minutes he gets a text from Tammy. The text reads, "I was just letting you know that I made it home safe." Joey gets excited and thinks, "Well, maybe it was just because we just met that everything was so awkward. She must like me after all." Joey smiles real big and goes to sleep happy. Several days pass and he hasn't heard anything. A few more days pass and Joey tries to contact Tammy. Tammy ignores it for a few days hoping that Joey will take the hint. A few more days pass and Joey figures there was a technical glitch and she didn't get the text.

Joey lives in emotional turmoil for several days unnecessarily because Tammy was a dumb ass and thought he gave a shit whether she made it home safely or not.

I'm sorry if you are too selfish to understand this but Tammy messed up.

Dude, you too sensitive. If a women texts you that no matter how the date went you ALWAYS tell her, "I'm glad and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night." I don't care if she was trying to be an ass or not. You are either a gentleman or you aren't.

I'm very sensitive. Thank God I got married 13 years ago. I hated this type of bull shit. I wouldn't go back to the single life for any amount of money under $13 million. You could offer me $12 .9 million and I would say, "forget it".

When my wife tells me that she made it somewhere safely I know that she means, "I made it somewhere safely." I don't have to guess what she is trying to say.

I'm very sensitive. Thank God I got married 13 years ago. I hated this type of bull shit. I wouldn't go back to the single life for any amount of money under $13 million. You could offer me $12 .9 million and I would say, "forget it".

When my wife tells me that she made it somewhere safely I know that she means, "I made it somewhere safely." I don't have to guess what she is trying to say.

I'm trying to find a woman that is mature, sexually discliplined, big hearted, attractive and secure. It's like finding a needle in a hey stack. There all insecure. At least in their 20's.

I'm going on a speed dating thing this monday at 6. I'm very attractive, successful, and very nice, so I'll get women to bite..

I'm going on a speed dating thing this monday at 6. I'm very attractive, successful, and very nice, so I'll get women to bite..

You'll get no advice from me. I hated the dating game and gladly left it over 13 years ago. I hope that it leads to something fun and exciting for you.

You'll get no advice from me. I hated the dating game and gladly left it over 13 years ago. I hope that it leads to something fun and exciting for you.

I always seem to have to dump them. Everything is ass backwards with me and dating. The women should be where i am.

Let me paint the picture for you.

Joey goes on a date with Tammy. For safety purposes they travel in separate vehicles. They eat dinner, watch a movie or whatever the case may be. It was probably an awkward date and not a lot of sparks flying everywhere. Joey thinks Tammy is pretty cute. Joey doesn't know how Tammy feels. They leave and go their separate way in their separate vehicles. Joey thinks, "Man she was really cute, nice and met several other attributes that I find appealing but it didn't seem to go too well. I'll probably never hear from her again." Joey counts it a loss and goes home. A few minutes he gets a text from Tammy. The text reads, "I was just letting you know that I made it home safe." Joey gets excited and thinks, "Well, maybe it was just because we just met that everything was so awkward. She must like me after all." Joey smiles real big and goes to sleep happy. Several days pass and he hasn't heard anything. A few more days pass and Joey tries to contact Tammy. Tammy ignores it for a few days hoping that Joey will take the hint. A few more days pass and Joey figures there was a technical glitch and she didn't get the text.

Joey lives in emotional turmoil for several days unnecessarily because Tammy was a dumb ass and thought he gave a shit whether she made it home safely or not.

I'm sorry if you are too selfish to understand this but Tammy messed up.

Joey needs to get a grip and perhaps a psychiatrist.

Match.com?
:itsok:

Forum List

Back