After Minimum Wage Hike, UC Berkeley Cuts 500 Staff...OH, THE AGONY!!!!

Breitbart ^ | April 13,2016 | ADELLE NAZARIAN
In the past, left-wing student activists at UC Berkeley have joined unions in pushing for higher wages, including a “living wage,” for campus staff. Campus minimum wages have lagged behind local minimum wages because the university, as a public state institution, is exempt from local minimums. On Monday, University of California Berkeley chancellor Nicholas Dirks announced that the educational institution will be eliminating 500 jobs over the course of two years, which will wind up saving an estimated $50 million. “My concern and the public’s concern is that UC Berkeley is going to start cutting the people it can ill...

N1Gnpp6.jpg

An executive from Popeye's restaurant chain was on FBN this morning and said flat out...
Raise the minimum wage too quickly and the result will be the raising of the price of the food to the consumer
or hours being cut for employees....

It really is that simple people.

The people who run these companies watch every penny...
If the cost for the plastic lids for soda cups goes up $.01
that could be a lot of money over the course of a year for all the restaurants
that the company owns.

So they watch all costs ...
Labor costs are probably the biggest expense for a company.

Show the relationship. It has to be more than opinion, it has to rest on empirical fact, quantitative analysis, and solid logic. You are not doing that.
like I said
I have asked repeatedly in several threads and they cannot produce any link based on empirical data. You have produced none. OP fail.
so all those people lied about having to let people go.

all of them.

leftist fail

Please name one restaurant........... that has suffered because of MW.
Feeling burned by a $15 minimum wage
Seattle Restaurants Scramble To Pay A Higher Minimum Wage
Oregon to Lose 62,700 Jobs Due to Minimum Wage Hike

Please read my post #89 again.

Forum List

Back