After Paying Off My Own Tuition I Get To Pay Off More Than $2,000 of One Of Joe Biden's Staffer's College Debt

That’s the way it’s always been done. Hence the
“Public” in public universities.
Since Reaganomics made taxation a target of the right, states’ contributions to their public university systems has been shrinking ever since.
Always been done does not make it a good idea.

With all due respect, Dudmuck...most of that money kept poor and Middle Class people from having their jobs disappear. I'm amused that you think someone making a hundred thousand a year needs the money more than someone who's making a third of that!

The truth is that this student loan forgiveness is largely a payoff to the wealthy and it's coming from people that it shouldn't!

Here's a newsflash for you, Dudmuck! The top 20% own most of the businesses in the US. They also have most of the employees in the US. Does it really shock you that PPP funds went to the people that own businesses?

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS GIVING RICH PEOPLE MONEY. There is absolutely no difference at all. Given free shit to rich people - good. Giving free shit to poor people - bad. It the Republican mantra.

The Republican Party has only raised the minimum wage ONCE in the past 40 years. Instead, they raise "earned income credits". That gives poor people money, but it's not at their employer's expense. And you can complain about the lazy "takers" needing to make themselves "more valuable" to their employers, and rail against government assistance programs. But it traps poor people in dead end jobs, because they have no hope of getting training, education or experience to get out of the low wage trap. You need cash for all these things, and cash is the ONE thing this system never gives them.
You need "cash" to get training and experience? Really? I hate to disagree, Dragonlady but over the years I've gotten a lot of training and experience and didn't pay a dime out of pocket for it!

Progs talk about wealth but leave morals, ethics and integrity at the door. And that is for everything. Becoming wealthy while screwing over someone else or hired for political reasons even if a bum with the consumer or taxpayer footing the bill.
Morals, ethics, and integrity were certainly not on display by the leader of the republicans on that fateful January 6th. Looks like the majority of republicans still cheer lead this Trump monster who belongs in Prison...

You need "cash" to get training and experience? Really? I hate to disagree, Dragonlady but over the years I've gotten a lot of training and experience and didn't pay a dime out of pocket for it!
Lucky you. How long ago was that? I had a similar experience.

When I applied to business school, tuition was $2000 per year, with another $1000 for books and expenses, for a total of $12,000 for a 4 year program. When I graduated, I was making $15,000 per year.

An American friend is helping his niece with her tuition for a 4 year program in social work starting this fall. $60,000 per year for 4 years. $240,000. When she graduates, she'll be making $40,000 per year.

Progs talk about wealth but leave morals, ethics and integrity at the door. And that is for everything. Becoming wealthy while screwing over someone else or hired for political reasons even if a bum with the consumer or taxpayer footing the bill.

In a long sad history of stupid posts, this has to rank with the dumbest things you've ever posted.

Republicans have NO morals whatsoever. Since Bill Clinton was in office, Republicans have been attacking Democrats based on rumours they made up. The consistently investigate rumours about Democrats that they made up. They even had Ken Starr investigate rumours that the Clintons killed Vince Foster.

More than 120 Republicans in the executive offices of Trump, W, Reagan and Nixon have been charged and convicted of more than 300 crimes, for corruption, financial malfeasance, and abuses of power. During the Carter, Clinton and Obama administrations, there were a total of 3 members of the Administrations were charged. None under Obama, despite the most relentless investigations over anything the Clintons did - more than 25 investigations in total.

Donald Trump was in the middle of a $100 million fraud trial when he was elected. His entire administration was one of graft and corruption.

Morals and ethics. You're deranged if you think that Republicans have either.

Lucky you. How long ago was that? I had a similar experience.

When I applied to business school, tuition was $2000 per year, with another $1000 for books and expenses, for a total of $12,000 for a 4 year program. When I graduated, I was making $15,000 per year.

An American friend is helping his niece with her tuition for a 4 year program in social work starting this fall. $60,000 per year for 4 years. $240,000. When she graduates, she'll be making $40,000 per year.
My job back then actually paid for my MBA, Dragonlady.

As for your friend's niece? Why is she attending a school that costs that much to get a degree in Social Work? Have her attend a Junior College for two years and then transfer to a State School (in the State she's from!) for the last two. I guarantee that doing that will cut her tuition in half. As for what she's making? If she's working for a Government agency then quite often they will pick up part if not all of the cost of getting an advanced degree and as soon as she receives that degree she will get an automatic bump in pay. My father was a Fire Chief. He took classes to get a Masters in Fire Science and his tuition was paid for by the fire department. His pay was increased once he had the Masters.

In a long sad history of stupid posts, this has to rank with the dumbest things you've ever posted.

Republicans have NO morals whatsoever. Since Bill Clinton was in office, Republicans have been attacking Democrats based on rumours they made up. The consistently investigate rumours about Democrats that they made up. They even had Ken Starr investigate rumours that the Clintons killed Vince Foster.

More than 120 Republicans in the executive offices of Trump, W, Reagan and Nixon have been charged and convicted of more than 300 crimes, for corruption, financial malfeasance, and abuses of power. During the Carter, Clinton and Obama administrations, there were a total of 3 members of the Administrations were charged. None under Obama, despite the most relentless investigations over anything the Clintons did - more than 25 investigations in total.

Donald Trump was in the middle of a $100 million fraud trial when he was elected. His entire administration was one of graft and corruption.

Morals and ethics. You're deranged if you think that Republicans have either.
With all due respect, Dragonlady if you think that not being "charged" means that Democrats are somehow less corrupt then Republicans I think you're rather naive! Nancy Pelosi is making millions off of insider trading but she'll never be charged with that crime! The Biden family has been cashing in on influence peddling for decades...making millions selling access to Joe Biden. They've never been charged either but that doesn't mean they're not corrupt as hell!

Take off your partisan blinders...

Here's a newsflash for you, Dudmuck! The top 20% own most of the businesses in the US. They also have most of the employees in the US. Does it really shock you that PPP funds went to the people that own businesses?
ozybpxvvfnvz.jpg

Too bad Florida and Texas belie your contention, Candy! When you look at that map take note that the economies of NY and Illinois are in decline while Texas and Florida's are booming!
If a state has natural resources and is willing to let corporations ass rape the landscape...yeah they can make a buck or two--especially if they can take advantage of globalization with imports, exports, giant container ships etc... Most red states can't do it so poverty and idiocy go hand in hand. See Arkansas for an example.

If a state has natural resources and is willing to let corporations ass rape the landscape...yeah they can make a buck or two--especially if they can take advantage of globalization with imports, exports, giant container ships etc... Most red states can't do it so poverty and idiocy go hand in hand. See Arkansas for an example.
Gee, Candy...didn't Arkansas give us Bill Clinton? :)

Politicians are supposed to do things that make life easier for Americans. Republicans have forgotten this to the point where it's "vote buying" to do anything for anyone who isn't rich.
He just slapped $2,500 onto every American who pays taxes in the face of rising inflation. How does that make life easier for Americans?

Forum List

Back