After the last few weeks I too have made a decision

Absolutely nothing wrong with your decision to not vote, but don't bitch when Trump or Hillary is the President. You lose that 'right' when you don't vote.
I'd say you're logic is backwards. If you're one of the people who consistently votes to put assholes in office who never do what they say........what right do you have to complain?
Because when you vote some one into office you are doing so with the expectation that they are going to make due on their promises. If I vote for you because you said you'd plant more Orange tree's I expect you to plant more Orange tree's. If not I have the 'right' to complain.

Can someone define the term "professional politician?"

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
A person that makes a career out of politics, and holds or has held a public office.
EXAMPLES:
Senators that have served more than one term
Congresspersons that have served more than one term
A president that has served more than one term
A mayor that has served more than one term
A governor that has served more than one term

*** Anyone that serves in government, elected by the people, and has established public service as their career.

( Obama, Sanders, Joe Biden, Bush )
have you gotten Trump to commit to only running 1 term if he wins the election yet? IF NOT, why would you vote for him?
Very silly. .... FYI -- I haven't talked to Trump. I haven't asked him what his personal plans are for the future. What does his personal plans for HIS future have to do with the election in November?............. excuse me, but that's really a dumb question to ask. Do you know exactly what you'll be doing 4 years from now? Do you have a crystal ball that tells the future?

What difference does it make what he does four years from now, as long as he does the best job that he can if elected to the oval office? It's totally irrelevant what he does four years from now. Lets wait and see what he does for four years if elected to the oval office in November.

Actually it highlights the silliness of not wanting a “professional politician” as if those not in politics are more capable, more honest, or more engaged.
That's your opinion, and you have the right to express it. But, I totally disagree, for many reasons, which I have explained in great detail over the past 11 years, including here in USMB.

Yeah, okay. Avoiding examining your own positions is a great way to make sure you keep them. I love the “logic” of term limits….”Hey if we want the best people for the job, lets make it as unappealing as possible.”

I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
2. Mocking Rubios ears & short stature.
3. Bullying everyone he disagrees with
4. Dodging serious questions to avoid exposing his lack of knowledge.
5. Wants to kill the families of terrorists.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.
9. The most shallow person besides Edwards to run for potus in my lifetime.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.

Gary Johnson!

Why?

if enough people vote for him then the establishment and Tea Party Caucus will get the clue that those like me have had enough of their silly nonsense.

Trump is not a true outsider and is a shock jock host that is making this election cycle a joke, and is making Clinton look good over him, and that is fucking pathetic!

totally wrong, Trump is saying what a majority of americans have been feeling for many years. They are fed up with the DC bullshit and the do-nothing establishment if both parties. Sure, Trump is rough around the edges, who cares? PC has almost destroyed this country, its time to shut it down and elect someone who knows how to accomplish things and return this country to sanity.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.

Gary Johnson!

Why?

if enough people vote for him then the establishment and Tea Party Caucus will get the clue that those like me have had enough of their silly nonsense.

Trump is not a true outsider and is a shock jock host that is making this election cycle a joke, and is making Clinton look good over him, and that is fucking pathetic!

totally wrong, Trump is saying what a majority of americans have been feeling for many years. They are fed up with the DC bullshit and the do-nothing establishment if both parties. Sure, Trump is rough around the edges, who cares? PC has almost destroyed this country, its time to shut it down and elect someone who knows how to accomplish things and return this country to sanity.

No, he is selling you a lemon and if you believe he is genuine then you are a sucker for falling for it.

Trump is as much of a outsider as his friend Hillary Clinton is, and that is the damn reality, but of course you will disagree and tell me to listen to the man, but I can not ignore his past words like so many of his supporters have.

So support the guy and when Clinton win in November you will have time to explain why Trump was such a failure...

the simple answer would be getting rid of the corporate money in politics...
and gvt fund with the $1 donated towards election costs at tax time.... and equal free air time on the public channels....

or something like that...

A person that makes a career out of politics, and holds or has held a public office.
EXAMPLES:

*** Anyone that serves in government, elected by the people, and has established public service as their career.

have you gotten Trump to commit to only running 1 term if he wins the election yet? IF NOT, why would you vote for him?
Very silly. .... FYI -- I haven't talked to Trump. I haven't asked him what his personal plans are for the future. What does his personal plans for HIS future have to do with the election in November?............. excuse me, but that's really a dumb question to ask. Do you know exactly what you'll be doing 4 years from now? Do you have a crystal ball that tells the future?

What difference does it make what he does four years from now, as long as he does the best job that he can if elected to the oval office? It's totally irrelevant what he does four years from now. Lets wait and see what he does for four years if elected to the oval office in November.

Actually it highlights the silliness of not wanting a “professional politician” as if those not in politics are more capable, more honest, or more engaged.
That's your opinion, and you have the right to express it. But, I totally disagree, for many reasons, which I have explained in great detail over the past 11 years, including here in USMB.

Yeah, okay. Avoiding examining your own positions is a great way to make sure you keep them. I love the “logic” of term limits….”Hey if we want the best people for the job, lets make it as unappealing as possible.”
What a crock of shit. I have NEVER avoided the examination of my position on ANY topic or subject. NEVER EVER. I have spent many years making public my stance on everything from education, to the economy, to wars, to foreign trade, to government corruption, to the space program, to alternative energy sources, to taxation, to healthcare, to the national debt, to the mistreatment and neglect of out Vets, to our rundown infrastructure, to eminent domain laws, to the injustices in our legal system, to the needs of the elderly and handicapped, to the Lobbyists' control of Congress, to government no-bid contracts, and to many other important issues. I have written many pieces on these subjects over the years.

My position is a matter of public record, and has been for many years. As a matter of fact, I was just going over some of the many articles that I've written, and some have been published in newspapers. The ones I have saved go back to 2005 and 2006. You're welcome to examine my position on any topic that may interest you. Also, I posted one of the articles this morning as a comment and response to another poster's root post. So, you're wrong to say that I avoid examination of my position on any subject.

Gary Johnson!

Why?

No, he is selling you a lemon and if you believe he is genuine then you are a sucker for falling for it.

Trump is as much of a outsider as his friend Hillary Clinton is, and that is the damn reality, but of course you will disagree and tell me to listen to the man, but I can not ignore his past words like so many of his supporters have.

So support the guy and when Clinton win in November you will have time to explain why Trump was such a failure...

if you don't like him, don't vote for him. its really that simple. elect the corrupt lying old white female to be president. let her continue the destruction of our country.

and as you watch the country get destroyed, rejoice that you didn't vote for the one person who could prevent it.

the simple answer would be getting rid of the corporate money in politics...
and gvt fund with the $1 donated towards election costs at tax time.... and equal free air time on the public channels....

or something like that...

do you really think the dems and their friends in the media would ever agree to something like that?

As a business owner I have been treading water during Obamas on the job training.
Oh, bullshit. Nothing Obama has done has affected your business in the slightest, other than saving the crashed economy. So sorry he didn't single-handedly clean up all of Bush's disasters fast enough for your satisfaction.

Unequivocal nonsense ... bred in the cesspool of ignorance.
Go easy on Grandpa. He hasn't been well.

"All of the above" = better than 5 year old insecure baby boy Trump. Every last other candidate.
For you, your family, your kids, and those you really care about, it would be in your best interest to vote for Trump. And if you don't, expect more of the same, or even worse for the next four years. The hope we have to turn things around, and head in the right direction, is to give Trump a chance to right the sinking ship called America.

The other candidates are all tied to the obvious corruption in Washington political circles. Hillary and Sanders are deeply embedded in "The Washington Brotherhood", and Cruz is an "ego" and elite wannabe. We basically have no choice at this time other than to vote for Trump. It's either Trump, or more status quo and "politics as usual".
I think youre an ok guy and all but I dont consider you all that intelligent. Pretending Trump isnt politics as usual... and EVEN WORSE because hes an insecure little girl.....makes you....pretty naive........

And BECAUSE of the naive folks like YOU voting for all these years.....we are IN the position we are in.

BECAUSE of YOU.

NOT in spite of you.

Look how deep your head is up your own ass.

You hate politicians because x, y, z.....so you want the guy who IS x, y, z but ten fold, and hes got the temperment of a middle schooler to boot .

Really nice! Thanks for actually FUCKING the Country with how gullible your ass really is.
Don't blame me for the mess this once great nation is in. I didn't vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, nor any of the other assholes. I didn't play their game. But, you can blame the uneducated airheads that did vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, etc..

If you've voted for any of them, then look in the mirror and blame the person you see. Also, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'm way smarter than the assholes that vote for professional politicians. Take a look at daily headlines, look at illegal immigration, senseless deadly costly wars, the economy, our debt, loss of privacy, eminent domain laws, our foreign trade deals, our relationships with our allies, our militarized law enforcement agencies, taxation without fair, equal, and just representation, unfair and unjust tax laws and codes, our unjust judicial system, unaffordable healthcare, the number living at or below the poverty line, the number surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks, the mistreatment and abuse of our Vets, the importing of labor, our dependency on foreign imports, our open borders and ports, and the fact that government debt is presently the only catalyst keeping us afloat.

The above is what happens when voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government.

EXAMPLES:

Why is someone who's been a politician for 30 years bad but someone who has been a policeman for 30 years is good?

Instead of heeding it, America gave the vote to Johnson, who gave the world 200 years of blacks voting, unquestioningly, blindly, stupidly and unreasonably Democrat, refusing to see the Democrat damage to Detroit, Chicago, DC, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Milwaukee, St. Louis, refusing to see that the Great Society of that beagle abusing, lying and crooked son of a bitch condemned them to the Democrat plantation for 200 years.

Third party gave the world Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. You know, Russ Perot in 1992 and Ralph Nader in 2000.

Gosh, it almost sounds like you're saying black people should not be allowed to vote.

The Clintons are the scum of the earth, who only think about themselves and their power.
Ok?

Dont tell me Trump gives you some differing impression than that, lllllolll!!

Unlike ?Trump The Clintons have been in politics, working their crony deals, their whole life
Bro....Trump has been funneling money into politics since before I was BORN.
How many wealthy people have NOT funneled money into politics? Have any idea?
The Clinton's have made all their money from their crony deals. At least Trump has ran a business, employing, 10s of thousands of people. The only people the Clintons have employed are friends and political allies...they're scum
Trump got his start with crony deals. Look up the Jacob Javits Center and educate yourself.

You don't think being a high-ranking member of the Mormon church made Mitt Romney any money by cronyism?

You're delusional, and a hack.

Don't even know who the nominees are, but the election is already over.

Know that old saw about counting chickens?

How many chickens do you see?

th
If you're a pro-lifer, around 100 chickens there.

For you, your family, your kids, and those you really care about, it would be in your best interest to vote for Trump. And if you don't, expect more of the same, or even worse for the next four years. The hope we have to turn things around, and head in the right direction, is to give Trump a chance to right the sinking ship called America.

The other candidates are all tied to the obvious corruption in Washington political circles. Hillary and Sanders are deeply embedded in "The Washington Brotherhood", and Cruz is an "ego" and elite wannabe. We basically have no choice at this time other than to vote for Trump. It's either Trump, or more status quo and "politics as usual".
I think youre an ok guy and all but I dont consider you all that intelligent. Pretending Trump isnt politics as usual... and EVEN WORSE because hes an insecure little girl.....makes you....pretty naive........

And BECAUSE of the naive folks like YOU voting for all these years.....we are IN the position we are in.

BECAUSE of YOU.

NOT in spite of you.

You hate politicians because x, y, z.....so you want the guy who IS x, y, z but ten fold, and hes got the temperment of a middle schooler to boot .

Really nice! Thanks for actually FUCKING the Country with how gullible your ass really is.
Don't blame me for the mess this once great nation is in. I didn't vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, nor any of the other assholes. I didn't play their game. But, you can blame the uneducated airheads that did vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, etc..

If you've voted for any of them, then look in the mirror and blame the person you see. Also, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'm way smarter than the assholes that vote for professional politicians. Take a look at daily headlines, look at illegal immigration, senseless deadly costly wars, the economy, our debt, loss of privacy, eminent domain laws, our foreign trade deals, our relationships with our allies, our militarized law enforcement agencies, taxation without fair, equal, and just representation, unfair and unjust tax laws and codes, our unjust judicial system, unaffordable healthcare, the number living at or below the poverty line, the number surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks, the mistreatment and abuse of our Vets, the importing of labor, our dependency on foreign imports, our open borders and ports, and the fact that government debt is presently the only catalyst keeping us afloat.

The above is what happens when voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government.

EXAMPLES:

Why is someone who's been a politician for 30 years bad but someone who has been a policeman for 30 years is good?
Excellent question, thanks for asking it.
Both professional politicians and members of law enforcement are equally at the bottom of the scum sewer. Neither are anything except low-life pieces of shit. Professional politicians have sold us out, destroyed this once great nation, and did so for their own egos, benefit, and greed. On the other hand, cops are "egos" in uniforms, for the most part exempt from the penalties that you and I would suffer for the same crimes they commit, and they are protected by the same assholes that are classified as professional politicians.

Both are destructive to the social and economic well-being of this nation and her citizens. Both do great harm, and do so intentionally, and with great personal satisfaction..... FYI - "Good Cops", if there is such as thing, are very rare and almost invisible. Also, the question is, "if there are "good cops", why are they not cleaning up their own profession"? And, the same can be said of professional politicians.

The daily headlines verify the above statements.

BECAUSE of YOU.

NOT in spite of you.

EXAMPLES:

Excellent question, thanks for asking it.
Both professional politicians and members of law enforcement are equally at the bottom of the scum sewer. Neither are anything except low-life pieces of shit. Professional politicians have sold us out, destroyed this once great nation, and did so for their own egos, benefit, and greed. On the other hand, cops are "egos" in uniforms, for the most part exempt from the penalties that you and I would suffer for the same crimes they commit, and they are protected by the same assholes that are classified as professional politicians.

Both are destructive to the social and economic well-being of this nation and her citizens. Both do great harm, and do so intentionally, and with great personal satisfaction..... FYI - "Good Cops", if there is such as thing, are very rare and almost invisible. Also, the question is, "if there are "good cops", why are they not cleaning up their own profession"? And, the same can be said of professional politicians.

The daily headlines verify the above statements.
Do you favor term limits for police?

Total garbage. Their money comes from speaking fees and books they have both authored.

They're total garbage alright....and they have million$ at their disposal from their phony "foundation". The next president should have the IRS look into that...Bill and Chelsea can go to prison too.

Congratulations.....Hillary appreciates your help.:slap:
The things that I believe in are far more important than a Trump victory. I will not compromise my values so other voters are happy.

Do you believe in having 2-3 more regressive judges on the supreme court that could effect the direction of the country far more than any single president? Consider that.

Conservatives have had a majority on the court for 30 years

Why do they act like the world will end if the court actually leans liberal?

The problem with you regressives, is you don't understand the way the court is supposed to function. Judges are there to apply the law or Constitution in the narrowest way possible to decide a case. Once they start looking for a way beyond that to make something fit, the way Roberts did with the ACA, they cease to be a judge and become an advocate. Advocacy is the job of the attorneys arguing the case not the judges.

Forum List

Back