After the last few weeks I too have made a decision

I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump.

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
2. Mocking Rubios ears & short stature.
3. Bullying everyone he disagrees with
4. Dodging serious questions to avoid exposing his lack of knowledge.
5. Wants to kill the families of terrorists.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.
9. The most shallow person besides Edwards to run for potus in my lifetime.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.

Sorry, but that makes you irrelevant ...

1. Retweeting a bad photo of Cruz’s wife along side a beautiful photo his own wife.
6. Lowering the public discourse of our nation to that of a junior high school locker room.
7. Has flip flopped on almost every major issue important to a REAL conservative. (I went there, deal with it)
8. Has given money to liberal politicians to buy favor despite the positions those liberals held.

For the first time in my life I don't have a candidate that I believe in & I will NOT be voting against anyone either.
The American people created the mess our country is in by continually reelecting corrupt politicians. If Hillary wins America gets what it deserves for being uninformed dupes. Same goes for a Trump victory.

In this aspect I suppose I will be as popular as rderp for his proclamation earlier this week.
Look around at third parties. Your vote isn't wasted there, it's no less influential than anyone else's individual vote.

Gotta vote!

LOL, ARE you serious? Of course a third party vote is a wasted vote- how is it not? It gaurentees if enough of them hillary gets in.
Are you really saying that your one vote has more influence than the vote of someone who votes third party?

Look around at third parties. Your vote isn't wasted there, it's no less influential than anyone else's individual vote.

Gotta vote!

A third party vote is a wasted vote ... if you want to make a statement, carry a sign. If you want to make a difference, vote for a candidate who might get elected.
How, precisely, does your one vote "make a difference"? Walk me through that one.

A lot of people don't want Trump or Hillary. Gary Johnson is polling at 11% and if he can get included in the debates with the two of them his numbers will continue to go up from there.

Libertarian candidate gains in polls - CNN Video
Why not Kasich? If they Republicans had any sense they would have been voting for him all along. He's their only sensible candidate.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

A lot of people don't want Trump or Hillary. Gary Johnson is polling at 11% and if he can get included in the debates with the two of them his numbers will continue to go up from there.

Libertarian candidate gains in polls - CNN Video
Why not Kasich? If they Republicans had any sense they would have been voting for him all along. He's their only sensible candidate.

He's pro immigration and pro gun control, he hasn't a prayer with true conservatives

Bad choice! Not because I think either Trump or Hillary are great, but because there is an underlying reason.

You see Grampa, you said it yourself in your closing statement of the OP, "The American people created the mess our country is in." You sir, get a star for accuracy! But you didn't take it far enough. The politcal party's helped it along by not really giving us much of anything to vote for either. No matter what you personally think of Reagan, he was a very, very, popular President, and the GOP could not stand the man. They stood against him tooth and nail until he finally won enough candidates to secure the nomination. The apparatus wanted to retain control of power, and he would not let them. When Bush SR got in, balance was restored for all in Washington. Reagan was not really an outsider, it just wasn't his turn you know. It wasn't Bill Clintons turn either, and yet, no matter what we think of them as partisans, they did pretty well.

Now I am not a Trump supporter, or one of his apologists, but I do know this--------------> he is no worse, and probably less crooked than Hillary. But even that is not the point! If the American public defeat the GOP at their own game, and then turn around and defeat the Democratic machine also, politics will be changed for the better in the future, even if Trump were only a 1 term President.

Why?

Because the myth that the two party system exerts total control of the process would go up in smoke. They would be far more inclined to listen to their constituents, for fear that they to would get the boot from a disenchanted public. It would also allow for less stringent, ideological candidates to run for office. The party line would go out the window. To understand the theory, you must realize that Evangelicals are in many cases, supporting Trump. Re-read that last sentence, then someone try and explain how that can possibly be.

So, when I consider the Presidency, I consider it this way-----------> Bernie, Hillary, Trump.....................besides their supporters wishes, who is the one candidate who would change the political process for years to come for the better, just by being successful? That would be Trump. Not because he so wonderful or good, but because he broke the back of "politics as usual." His success would be the impetus for other to try giving all of us far more choices, and it would reign in the arrogance of the two party's that seem to believe that the Presidency of the United States is their birthright, and the only thing they need fear is someone in the other party with a prettier smile who can lie a little better.

Remember "hope and change?" Well, I don't know about "hope," but if you want to throw a monkey wrench into the Washington DC power elite who control this country, then you really want political "change." A very wise person once said-------------> "The President is NOT a person, the President is really the people who surround him/her, and give him/her counsel." So, do we want retreads again? Not me! I may not be for hope, but I am for change-) And 4 years from now? Maybe the party's will have learned, or maybe someone will step forward because of the "breaking of Washington DCs formula." In any case, I am all for it!
You know, I kinda agree with you.

It is a tough time. I can empathize with the OP. I'm actually starting to consider Bernie Sanders. I'm tired of the endless war and violence. I don't agree with some of his stances, but he does seem to be genuine in seeking peace.

We desperately need peace and tranquility in this country. Time to end endless war and come home. Let's focus on our own country. We need a break. Sanders seems to be the only Candidate who would deliver on that.
First sensible post I've seen from you in over 3 years.

And Trump will uncover her massive baggage to the public as well..............should be interesting.........

laugh-michael-scott.gif
First you laugh, then you cry.............then you lose............

332-206…still laughing at your tears.

That you think Trump will expose something about HRC that we don’t already know is breathtakingly moronic.
The last 2 elections they left the gloves on.............I don't think so this time........hell Obama smacked her around and got the Super delegates even though her hubby had here back........between fucking interns.........lol

She is most definitely vulnerable to attack.........and Dems are already jumping ship because they can't stand the bitch.......maybe you will see this before November..

She's damaged goods..........enjoy that.

Democrats are incredibly intelligent when compared to Republicans and Rhodes Scholars when compared to Trump supporters. They’ll be back in November. What She needs though is for people like you to keep calling her a “bitch”. Keep it up.
They will. And that palooka WILL feel the pain come November.

I will be laughing as if I lost my damn mind at the Republicans when Hillary wins.

Watch....

The last 2 elections they left the gloves on.............I don't think so this time........hell Obama smacked her around and got the Super delegates even though her hubby had here back........between fucking interns.........lol

She is most definitely vulnerable to attack.........and Dems are already jumping ship because they can't stand the bitch.......maybe you will see this before November..

She's damaged goods..........enjoy that.

Democrats are incredibly intelligent when compared to Republicans and Rhodes Scholars when compared to Trump supporters. They’ll be back in November. What She needs though is for people like you to keep calling her a “bitch”. Keep it up.
No problem.............because she is one.................of course the WAR ON WOMEN............as her hubby fucked everything in sight........

There........more ammo for you.............

Perfect!!!
Your welcome...........more to come.

Yes, because the line of constant attack has been so effective against the Clintons for the past 25 years.

In the past 25 years….

She:
  • Most admired woman globally
  • Grammy Award Winner
  • Best Selling Author
  • Won Senator From NY
  • Won Senator From NY again
  • Came in #2 for President in 2008 (ask the GOP “deep bench” how easy that is to do)
  • Appointed Secretary of State 94-2
  • Presumptive Nominee of the DNC for 2016 for President

You guys calling her a “bitch”:
  • Are still calling her names

Keep up your winning strategy.
They will be totally shocked to discover after the exit polls how many Republican women voted for Hillary.

Watch...

The world I live in is only as complicated as I make it. While politicians may set the rules my world is contained in, I have the ultimate choice on how difficult or easy my life is within that world. As most of you know my personal troubles from my past you'll have to imagine me laughing at anyone who thinks life is rough for them because of politics.

You have made your choice, we are just trying to understand your choice. You say you won't compromise your values, but you would be doing exactly that by sitting out and helping Hillary.
Voting is a right, not an obligation. Not helping the armed guard stop a robber does not mean I'm helping the robber.
Your welcome...........more to come.

Yes, because the line of constant attack has been so effective against the Clintons for the past 25 years.

In the past 25 years….

She:
  • Most admired woman globally
  • Grammy Award Winner
  • Best Selling Author
  • Won Senator From NY
  • Won Senator From NY again
  • Came in #2 for President in 2008 (ask the GOP “deep bench” how easy that is to do)
  • Appointed Secretary of State 94-2
  • Presumptive Nominee of the DNC for 2016 for President

You guys calling her a “bitch”:
  • Are still calling her names

Keep up your winning strategy.

We are still waiting for a list of actual career accomplishments in those positions but its been crickets. I'll get you started, she's been caught in numerous lies and people got killed under her leadership.

Well, if you hold your breath, maybe it will happen. LOL.

You got nothing as expected, sucks to be you.

Care to make it interesting?

But talk is cheap….How about an Avatar bet? I have listed two 200 x 200 mp reasonably good pictures of both presumptive nominees below. The term of the bet is from 11:59 PM on election day evening to Noon 1/20/17 after the next President is sworn in.

The two avatars meet the requirements for USMB and they aren’t ugly pictures of the person who will be the President-Elect. It won’t embarrass anyone. So lets stick to those two. Lets keep it fun!!!

To make it clear

If Hillary becomes President, you use this avatar until election day:

If Donald Trump becomes President, I use this avatar until election day:
DJT_Headshot_V2_200x200.jpg

Counting electoral votes and 12th Amendment actions only. No wiggling out if popular vote and EV are in disagreement or if there is some sort of indictment/convention shenanigans.

Simply by whomever is duly elected President.

Deal?
:deal:
LoL. That's a good bet.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your decision to not vote, but don't bitch when Trump or Hillary is the President. You lose that 'right' when you don't vote.
I'd say you're logic is backwards. If you're one of the people who consistently votes to put assholes in office who never do what they say........what right do you have to complain?

Many Americans feel the same. They cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump

Hillary will run a campaign to accentuate the fear of what a Trump Presidency would mean.

Finally, finally, Jake you are honest. It is exactly the opposite of what the left wing has been saying. It is the democrats who run campaigns based on fear. I am not sure the other left wingers like yourself will be happy you were honest enough to let the cat out of the bag.

Fear and Mrs. Tuzla Clinton is all you got. That is why my vote will be a definite vote against.

Nothing wrong with that

Trump is running a campaign claiming America is not a great country

Congratulations.....Hillary appreciates your help.:slap:
The things that I believe in are far more important than a Trump victory. I will not compromise my values so other voters are happy.

Do you believe in having 2-3 more regressive judges on the supreme court that could effect the direction of the country far more than any single president? Consider that.

Conservatives have had a majority on the court for 30 years

Why do they act like the world will end if the court actually leans liberal?

"I will NEVER vote for Donald Trump. "

Gramps, to be honest, I don’t believe you.

I believe you believe this now, but after the conventions, when Election Day has arrived, you’ll be voting for Trump; you’re a partisan republican, it’s in your nature – particularly if the hated Clinton is the democratic nominee.

And to be fair, you’re not alone – there are many partisan republicans who say now they’ll ‘never vote for Trump,’ but will do just that come November.
Oh and by the way, I don't hate Hillary. I believe she would be bad for our debt & country as well as our sovereignty. Having said that I think Trump has just as many bad qualities and a lot of his are of a personal & moral nature.
While Hillary will drive up our unsustainable debt & flood our nation with salary killing illegal immigrants, Trump may cause a political divide of the nature we've never seen.
Just look at our colleges & large cities. Civil unrest not seen since the 60's & 70's.

Our country is imploding and NEITHER of these two are the prescription. I don't know about you but I have no interest in my grandkids inheriting a country that is mimicking the decline of the Roman empire.
The Debt is one thing I would never worry about when it comes to Clinton....she is a fiscally conservative, just like her husband was and knows how to work with Republicans, to fix it, just like her husband did....

It's the most difficult issue we have today....stemming from not enough good jobs...

Bill Clinton got his way on many Democratic ideas that many thought and claimed would shoot up the deficit and debt, BUT THEY DIDN'T....and not by happenstance, it was well thought out policy and working across the aisle, to get the job done, and yes, through many compromises with the GOP....

If you go back to when Hillary was a Senator, many of the GOP Senators loved working with her, felt she was extremely bright, and also willing to listen to why they, the repub's felt their way was right and always managed to have decent discussions and compromise....

THEY ALL praised her.... and all but a few fingers, voted for her to take the Secretary of State position, of course now she is back to the garbage of evil Hillary again by these same RNC people because they want their party to win the election, but that is simply, par for the course, in an election cycle....
I remember that well. She was my Senator for those years.

Gotta vote!

Third parties? Once you do that, you'll have taste for a fourth, fifth and sixth party until you realize that America is no better than Europe.

In America it is either a strike or a ball.

There is no more need for a third party than there is a need for an opera singer at a rock concert.

You either like something or you don't. It is a binary world, and anything in between is cowardly fence sitting. If you walk in the middle of the road you are liable to be mowed down by either left or right.

Third party in America is a passport the party you don't like. Or hate.
I can't blame someone for refusing to play along.

Voting for the lesser of two evils, or voting for a party by default, only encourages their behavior.

Changes need to be made to our system. Until then, though, I can see voting alternate party.
What really needs to change is the voting habits of voters. Voters continue to do the same thing election after election, yet expect a different result. When voters stop electing and re-electing professional politicians to serve in government, that's when you'll see a huge difference in greater benefit to this once great nation and her citizens. Until then, expect more of the same, and worse.
That's one of the changes that need to be made. Short, strict term limits. They're running for fucking re-election half the time.
I agree. We need a "one-term" limit across the board.
I say we REMOVE term limits for the Presidency.

Gotta vote!
I know you are not that naive.
Do you seriously believe those who voted for Ralph Nader didn't "influence" the election?
Seriously?

Many Americans feel the same. They cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump

Hillary will run a campaign to accentuate the fear of what a Trump Presidency would mean.

Finally, finally, Jake you are honest. It is exactly the opposite of what the left wing has been saying. It is the democrats who run campaigns based on fear. I am not sure the other left wingers like yourself will be happy you were honest enough to let the cat out of the bag.

Fear and Mrs. Tuzla Clinton is all you got. That is why my vote will be a definite vote against.

Nothing wrong with that

Trump is running a campaign claiming America is not a great country

That is actually a good point. It is interesting that they all run on the same campaign. Mrs. Tuzla Clinton with here "it's your turn." Bernie wanting to change everything. Obama when he ran, was pretty damn disingenuous when he said, that America was the greatest country on Earth, then in the next breathe he was asking for help in changing the country, he succeeded.

Funny how they all run on saying they will make things better.

Congratulations.....Hillary appreciates your help.:slap:
The things that I believe in are far more important than a Trump victory. I will not compromise my values so other voters are happy.

Do you believe in having 2-3 more regressive judges on the supreme court that could effect the direction of the country far more than any single president? Consider that.

Conservatives have had a majority on the court for 30 years

Why do they act like the world will end if the court actually leans liberal?

Yeppers jake, The ACA rewrite of the law and the gay marriage actually writing law both are both clear indication of the conservative SCOTUS.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your decision to not vote, but don't bitch when Trump or Hillary is the President. You lose that 'right' when you don't vote.
I'd say you're logic is backwards. If you're one of the people who consistently votes to put assholes in office who never do what they say........what right do you have to complain?

So you are saying that you are going to not complain or not vote for Mrs. Tuzla Clinton?

Sonny Clark your classless candidate in a concise OP.
Well, in my opinion, he beats whoever comes in second. He's certainly better than Hillary, Cruz, Sanders, and the other also-rans. I haven't seen anyone else to vote for. When you find someone better than Trump, please let me. It's a long time between now and November.

GO TRUMP
"All of the above" = better than 5 year old insecure baby boy Trump. Every last other candidate.
For you, your family, your kids, and those you really care about, it would be in your best interest to vote for Trump. And if you don't, expect more of the same, or even worse for the next four years. The hope we have to turn things around, and head in the right direction, is to give Trump a chance to right the sinking ship called America.

The other candidates are all tied to the obvious corruption in Washington political circles. Hillary and Sanders are deeply embedded in "The Washington Brotherhood", and Cruz is an "ego" and elite wannabe. We basically have no choice at this time other than to vote for Trump. It's either Trump, or more status quo and "politics as usual".
I think youre an ok guy and all but I dont consider you all that intelligent. Pretending Trump isnt politics as usual... and EVEN WORSE because hes an insecure little girl.....makes you....pretty naive........

And BECAUSE of the naive folks like YOU voting for all these years.....we are IN the position we are in.

BECAUSE of YOU.

NOT in spite of you.

Look how deep your head is up your own ass.

You hate politicians because x, y, z.....so you want the guy who IS x, y, z but ten fold, and hes got the temperment of a middle schooler to boot .

Really nice! Thanks for actually FUCKING the Country with how gullible your ass really is.
Don't blame me for the mess this once great nation is in. I didn't vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, nor any of the other assholes. I didn't play their game. But, you can blame the uneducated airheads that did vote for Obama, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, etc..

If you've voted for any of them, then look in the mirror and blame the person you see. Also, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'm way smarter than the assholes that vote for professional politicians. Take a look at daily headlines, look at illegal immigration, senseless deadly costly wars, the economy, our debt, loss of privacy, eminent domain laws, our foreign trade deals, our relationships with our allies, our militarized law enforcement agencies, taxation without fair, equal, and just representation, unfair and unjust tax laws and codes, our unjust judicial system, unaffordable healthcare, the number living at or below the poverty line, the number surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks, the mistreatment and abuse of our Vets, the importing of labor, our dependency on foreign imports, our open borders and ports, and the fact that government debt is presently the only catalyst keeping us afloat.

The above is what happens when voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government.
Can someone define the term "professional politician?"

Forum List

Back