Aging Baby Boomers Bring Drug Habits Into Middle Age

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
At last! An article that speaks to what I've been thinking for years. Having lived in San Francisco in the 70s, I cannot believe that the Flower Power crowd has changed as they matured. Queen Pelosi and Senator Feinstein are examples – along with our current Ruler-in-Chief. Pot-smoking, LSD-dropping youth just don't change their ways that easy and are in open display in the liberal ranks of the Democrat Party.

Read more @ American Power Aging Baby Boomers Bring Drug Habits Into Middle Age with a link to the WSJ piece.

At last! An article that speaks to what I've been thinking for years. Having lived in San Francisco in the 70s, I cannot believe that the Flower Power crowd has changed as they matured. Queen Pelosi and Senator Feinstein are examples – along with our current Ruler-in-Chief. Pot-smoking, LSD-dropping youth just don't change their ways that easy and are in open display in the liberal ranks of the Democrat Party.

Read more @ American Power Aging Baby Boomers Bring Drug Habits Into Middle Age with a link to the WSJ piece.

Now you know why they shoved mandatory rehab coverage into the obamacare rules.

Now you know why they shoved mandatory rehab coverage into the obamacare rules.
That's only for people that want help...

From the article:
But at age 50, Mr. Massey injured his knee running. He took Vicodin for the pain but soon started using pills heavily, mixing the opioids with alcohol, he said.

“It reminded me of getting high and getting loaded,” said Mr. Massey, now 58 years old, who went into recovery and stopped using drugs and alcohol in 2013. “Your mind never forgets that.”

Now ask yourself, why did the OP say it was LSD and weed instead of Prescription pills?

More from the link:

Experts say the drug problem among the elderly has been caused by the confluence of two key factors: a generation with a predilection for mind-altering substances growing older in an era of widespread opioid painkiller abuse. Pain pills follow marijuana as the most popular ways for aging boomers to get high, according to the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, which conducts an annual national survey on drug use. Opioid painkillers also are the drug most often involved in overdoses, followed by antianxiety drugs, cocaine and heroin.

Again, why do you think the OP never mentioned the real problem cited by experts?

Forum List

Back