Agree with the Pope...disagree with the Pope (R-W'ers hypocrisy)

Just some of the many, many examples of right wing hypocrisy regarding religiosity….

Agree with the Pope on rejecting same sex-marriages…

Disagree with the Pope on the devastating impacts of global warming

Agree with the Pope on banning all abortions

Disagree with the Pope on the evils of wealth inequalities

Agree with the Pope in not separating church from government

Disagree with the Pope on the moral responsibilities of taking in illegal immigrants

Pick and choose your religious beliefs?

It appears that Pope Francis is actively involved in current affairs, & his slant is to the left; from global warming, to open borders, to redistribution of wealth. When the Pope & Obama met in 3/14, with another meeting scheduled in 9/23/15, I'm they'll continue to agree on many issues.
His slant is towards facts.
It just so happens that facts have a well-known liberal bias.

His slant is towards facts.
It just so happens that facts have a well-known liberal bias.
Stupidest comment I've seen here. Religious beliefs aren't facts, that's where his slant is. Believing in liberalism is more of the same, a matter of faith, not fact.

Do I even need to point out the hypocrisy of the liberals who disagree with the Pope on gay marriage or abortion but agree with him on global warming? Funny they disagree with the Pope on morale and religious issues but not global warming which is hardly an area of expertise for the church. Final thought if the Pope had claimed global warming was a punishment from God for the nations sins and failing to follow Gods teachings I doubt few on the left would support that and few on the right would challenge it both sides have plenty of hypocrisy to go around on this topic.

Tell you what. I'll consider following the Pope on his AGW climate change theories when I see windmills and solar panels in Vatican city and in every Cathedral world wide.

When he and every world leader gives up all use of fossil fuel, I'll consider jumping on the bandwagon.

Do I even need to point out the hypocrisy of the liberals who disagree with the Pope on gay marriage or abortion but agree with him on global warming? Funny they disagree with the Pope on morale and religious issues but not global warming which is hardly an area of expertise for the church. Final thought if the Pope had claimed global warming was a punishment from God for the nations sins and failing to follow Gods teachings I doubt few on the left would support that and few on the right would challenge it both sides have plenty of hypocrisy to go around on this topic.
You've got it backwards...The Pope agrees with 'Liberals' (and others concerned about climate change), not the other way 'round.

You've got it backwards...The Pope agrees with 'Liberals' (and others concerned about climate change), not the other way 'round.
How does this change the hypocrisy point? Liberals using his agreeing with them as a point of validation for their global warming views is just as hypocritical as conservatives using his views on gay marriage as validation for their views on that.

How does this change the hypocrisy point? Liberals using his agreeing with them as a point of validation for their global warming views is just as hypocritical as conservatives using his views on gay marriage as validation for their views on that.
So, according to you, if you disagree with someone about an issue...you must disagree with them about every issue.
That pretty much sums up the partisan mindset - pick a side and stay there.

So, according to you, if you disagree with someone about an issue...you must disagree with them about every issue.
Nope not it all my point is if your going to call some people hypocrites for agreeing with someone on some issues but not others in this case the Pope as the the OP did with the right you better be willing to acknowledge your own hypocrisy in agreeing with the same person again the Pope on some issues but not others.

Nope not it all my point is if your going to call some people hypocrites for agreeing with someone on some issues but not others in this case the Pope as the the OP did with the right you better be willing to acknowledge your own hypocrisy in agreeing with the same person again the Pope on some issues but not others.
You might have a point - except that the hypocrites cited in the OP constantly refer to religious authority (the Bible, Pope, etc) to back up their arguments.
Either the Bible and the Pope are right or they aren't...I thought they were supposed to be infallible.
That's where the hypocrisy lies and that's the point of the OP.
The OP (I'm guessing) is agreeing with the Pope on these matters - not citing him as an authority.

You might have a point - except that the hypocrites cited in the OP constantly refer to religious authority (the Bible, Pope, etc) to back up their arguments.
Either the Bible and the Pope are right or they aren't...I thought they were supposed to be infallible.
The OP (I'm guessing) is agreeing with the Pope on these matters - not citing him as an authority.
The Op might have had a point if they had pointed to specific people instead of simply making a blanket statement about right wingers I would also point many on the left use the bible and Pope to back up their arguments that entitlement spending and looser imigration laws are part of the bibles command to help the poor and downtrodden. This takes us right back to people on both sides using religion and religious figures when it suits there pusposes and dismissing them when they don't.

Further evidence that liberals are retarded. I'm a conservative and don't give a shit what the pope, any religious leader or you think

Which makes you a very "charming" dolt.......but you knew that already.

Yes, there's been this love/hate relationship between the Vatican and American social right, where popes have been generally consistent – albeit wrong on some of the issues, such as privacy rights in the United States – and conservatives not; if Christian dogma is correct in condemning abortion, then it must also be correct when condemning wealth inequalities, conservatives can't have it both ways.
What a crock of bullshit.

The Op might have had a point if they had pointed to specific people instead of simply making a blanket statement about right wingers I would also point many on the left use the bible and Pope to back up their arguments that entitlement spending and looser imigration laws are part of the bibles command to help the poor and downtrodden. This takes us right back to people on both sides using religion and religious figures when it suits there pusposes and dismissing them when they don't.
Fair enough.
Mind you...you did write this...
Do I even need to point out the hypocrisy of the liberals who disagree with the Pope on gay marriage or abortion but agree with him on global warming?
Do you have to be a Liberal to adopt this position?

I could almost.....almost, agree with you. Both Sts. Augustine and Aquinas spoke of God laws and moral laws.

I would ten to agree with the Pope on the moral issues but disagree with the Pope on God Laws (which really boil down to a bunch of ancient marketing gurus and advertising geniuses writing the Bible.)

There IS a difference between the two sets of "guidelines"...basically the difference between religiosity and morality......just ask your average would-be terrorist,

Which Right winger claimed to always agree with the Pope?

Most Catholics(non-clergy Catholics) do not always agree with the Pope! That is not hypocrisy, that is questioning and disagreeing with what the clergy is claiming.

How is it hypocrisy to support someone when they are right and oppose the when they are wrong?

Forum List

Back