Ahmaud Arbery shooting video was leaked by one of the suspects: report

One of the shooters was an ex-cop and believed that leaking this video would be good for race relations.

Viral video of the shooting of unarmed Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery was first leaked to the press at the request of the dad now accused of his murder — because he thought it would make him and his son look better.

The ironic shocker — that it was ex-cop Gregory McMichael who leaked the very video that would expose the Arbery shooting to the world, leading to father-son murder charges — was reported Friday by WSB-TV in Atlanta.

The video shows McMichael standing in the back of a pickup truck as his son, Greg, confronts and opens fire on the jogger with a shotgun.

The McMichaels are white, and Arbery was black, and yet the dad, an ex-cop, leaked the video to a radio station two months after the shooting because he thought it would ease rising racial tensions in the South Georgia community of Satilla Shores, WSB-TV reported.
He assumed (like a normal person would) that if the public saw Arbery attack his son, people would understand why he shot him. He clearly underestimated the race hustlers who dont care about the facts.

Actually, any normal person would conclude that 500 pounds of white guys wouldn't need firearms to subdue one skinny black guy...
Why not? Id way rather shoot a robber than get in a fist fight with him.

Seriously?

First, Travis McMichael didn't know anything about Arbery being a burglar (he robbed no one). Second, it's an illegal use of deadly force.

There are five levels of force:
  1. Command presence - This is “cop speak.” It basically means appearing confident and in control.
  2. Verbal commands - This would be when they told Arbery to stop.
  3. Controlling force - This would've been if Travis McMichael had grabbed Arbery to attempt to subdue him.
  4. Impact force - This would've been Travis McMichael striking Arbery to subdue him.
  5. Deadly Force - This would be Travis McMichael exiting the truck with a shotgun to compel Arbery to stop. In many jurisdictions, a person needn't actually pull the trigger to satisfy this.
McMichael went from # 2 to #5. That's a monumental fuck up on his part, and it could cost him his freedom, if not his life...

There's an inescapable reality here.

One side is going to promote the idea that Travis McMichael did absolutely nothing to initiate the violence that occurred that day, and the other side is going to promote the idea that his getting out of the truck with a loaded weapon to confront Arbery is what set this whole thing off.

Neither side is going to convince the other of anything.

Also counted as inescapable reality: Gregory and Travis McMichael are in jail, charged with murder and aggravated assault. The prosecutor in the case has deemed these charges appropriate, despite what anyone on any internet forum has to say. The prosecutor is someone who actually does this for a living, and probably relies on more than just a choppy video shot by a possible conspirator in another car. The prosecutor, after viewing and considering all the evidence available, has decided that murder charges are appropriate.

These charges are not made lightly. If found guilty, both of the McMichaels could receive the death penalty.

So, inasmuch as we go round and round here, the reality is that the prosecution is preparing and building its case to prove that they are guilty of the charges made against them.

Additionally, amidst cries of favoritism and preference, the prosecutor in the case has requested that GBI and the US Justice Department investigate the first two assigned prosecutors.

So, we can argue about this all day long, but we can't escape the fact that the McMichaels are sitting in jail, and there's a really, really good chance they'll spend the rest of their lives there...

This is where logic escapes society, and not to pick on his past profession, but it probably contributed to how he thinks.

A former cop has to use similar logic as a soldier no longer deployed. He can drive around and pretend he's on patrol like the good old days, but he's not a cop anymore no matter how much he believes it's ingrained in him. Stop pretending you have to solve every case like you're in a Scoody Doo episode and operate with more care.

If he wants to defend against a crime, fine, but have a plan. He could have rolled past with his camera out, maybe ask a question or two, but not get out of his vehicle nor stop. Certainly not roll up to a stranger with a shotgun. If there was a crime committed there, he'd have the video and the police could handle it from there. It's not as if the guy was running with a TV in his arms.

To me these guys lacked judgement and they don't appreciate how the interaction is viewed from the other guys perspective. I have to be honest, knowing how full of shyte Canadian covert police are, it's the mentality of some that frighten me.
Nothing about the guy who ran at him, attacked him, and tried to take his gun? Quit blaming the victim.

They been trying to get this buck to stop breaking in for months, they finally got his ass

What exactly did the guy take? He was jogging empty handed. Good luck trying to convince a jury this guy was a robber. Not exactly great detective work on their part even if he WAS the culprit.

Secondly, since when is the punishment for a break and enter death?

They dealt with it horribly. He isn't on patrol anymore, he's a regular citizen. Even a cop in full uniform wouldn't roll up with his shotgun on display against a guy jogging, he'd be far more tactful and use his judgement. At least any cop worth their salt would.

The prosecutor in the case has deemed these charges appropriate, despite what anyone on any internet forum has to say. The prosecutor is someone who actually does this for a living,
the prosecutor is a finger-wetting politician

which makes his actions questionable at best

One side is going to promote the idea that Travis McMichael did absolutely nothing to initiate the violence that occurred that day, and the other side is going to promote the idea that his getting out of the truck with a loaded weapon to confront Arbery is what set this whole thing off.

Also counted as inescapable reality: Gregory and Travis McMichael are in jail, charged with murder and aggravated assault. The prosecutor in the case has deemed these charges appropriate, despite what anyone on any internet forum has to say. The prosecutor is someone who actually does this for a living, and probably relies on more than just a choppy video shot by a possible conspirator in another car. The prosecutor, after viewing and considering all the evidence available, has decided that murder charges are appropriate.

These charges are not made lightly. If found guilty, both of the McMichaels could receive the death penalty.

So, inasmuch as we go round and round here, the reality is that the prosecution is preparing and building its case to prove that they are guilty of the charges made against them.

Additionally, amidst cries of favoritism and preference, the prosecutor in the case has requested that GBI and the US Justice Department investigate the first two assigned prosecutors.

So, we can argue about this all day long, but we can't escape the fact that the McMichaels are sitting in jail, and there's a really, really good chance they'll spend the rest of their lives there...

This is where logic escapes society, and not to pick on his past profession, but it probably contributed to how he thinks.

A former cop has to use similar logic as a soldier no longer deployed. He can drive around and pretend he's on patrol like the good old days, but he's not a cop anymore no matter how much he believes it's ingrained in him. Stop pretending you have to solve every case like you're in a Scoody Doo episode and operate with more care.

If he wants to defend against a crime, fine, but have a plan. He could have rolled past with his camera out, maybe ask a question or two, but not get out of his vehicle nor stop. Certainly not roll up to a stranger with a shotgun. If there was a crime committed there, he'd have the video and the police could handle it from there. It's not as if the guy was running with a TV in his arms.

To me these guys lacked judgement and they don't appreciate how the interaction is viewed from the other guys perspective. I have to be honest, knowing how full of shyte Canadian covert police are, it's the mentality of some that frighten me.
Nothing about the guy who ran at him, attacked him, and tried to take his gun? Quit blaming the victim.

The victim is the dead guy.

Like I said, you're too entrenched in your opinion to be swayed by anything I say, and I'm too entrenched in my opinion to be swayed by anything you say. My opinion, however, appears to be supported by the actions of the US Attorney in Georgia, the GBI and the US Justice Department...

The prosecutor in the case has deemed these charges appropriate, despite what anyone on any internet forum has to say. The prosecutor is someone who actually does this for a living,

Well, seeing as you're unaware that the prosecutor is a woman, I'll just go ahead and dismiss anything you belch up from here on out...

Arbery was not punished for breaking and entering

He was punished for trying to take a loaded shotgun away from the other man

what arbry should have done is offer no resistance and let the cops deal with the McMichaels

Well, seeing as you're unaware that the prosecutor is a woman, I'll just go ahead and dismiss anything you belch up from here on out...
What difference does being a woman make?

do you think women lawyers are better or worse than men?

what arbry should have done is offer no resistance and let the cops deal with the McMichaels

He never should've gotten out of the truck with the shotgun...

No.

I'm merely pointing out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

They been trying to get this buck to stop breaking in for months, they finally got his ass

What exactly did the guy take? He was jogging empty handed. Good luck trying to convince a jury this guy was a robber. Not exactly great detective work on their part even if he WAS the culprit.

They dealt with it horribly. He isn't on patrol anymore, he's a regular citizen. Even a cop in full uniform wouldn't roll up with his shotgun on display against a guy jogging, he'd be far more tactful and use his judgement. At least any cop worth their salt would.
It was self defense, your claim that he broke in and shot him is false. No need to lie, he attacked the hero asking him to stop, they were in the phone with the cops

He never should've gotten out of the truck with the shotgun...
I agree

I would have stayed in the truck and directed the cops to my location by cell phone

One of the shooters was an ex-cop and believed that leaking this video would be good for race relations.

Viral video of the shooting of unarmed Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery was first leaked to the press at the request of the dad now accused of his murder — because he thought it would make him and his son look better.

The ironic shocker — that it was ex-cop Gregory McMichael who leaked the very video that would expose the Arbery shooting to the world, leading to father-son murder charges — was reported Friday by WSB-TV in Atlanta.

The video shows McMichael standing in the back of a pickup truck as his son, Greg, confronts and opens fire on the jogger with a shotgun.

The McMichaels are white, and Arbery was black, and yet the dad, an ex-cop, leaked the video to a radio station two months after the shooting because he thought it would ease rising racial tensions in the South Georgia community of Satilla Shores, WSB-TV reported.
I said from the first day that the McMichaels acted stupidly

but so did Arbery

both sides are at fault here

unfortunately as always the left overreached by labeling it a hate crime
It was voluntary manslaughter at the least because they used a weapon. They made a decision to use a weapon which shows premeditation of lethal force.
it would be if arbrey didnt run over 100 feet and attack him and try and take the gun from him,,,
The presence of the gun is what is going to hang them.

Or maybe the ex-cop should have let the current, real cops, deal with Arbery.

I think this guy used poor judgement from the beginning. Whatever his plan was, was ill formed. If they sit the rest of their lives in jail will they be happy that they dealt with a guy who was threatening their lives? Or might they think "maybe we should have asked a few questions, got his face on video while staying in our vehicle and THEN if the guy attacks us, it's all on video and we can justify that he was the aggressor"?

As I say, I won't watch the video, so I'm going to assume both scenarios: they got out of their car AND that he went for the gun. Even under those circumstances, how are we to know how HE felt? If he was truly jogging, did he fear for his life from some strange guys boxing him in? If so, it might explain why he went for the gun. Was he a criminal, was he intending to shoot them all and flee? Both situations don't have happy endings and they both end in him going for the gun that THEY brought.

You can take either situation and we will end with the same conclusion, "the ex-cop didn't deal with this properly"

but so did Arbery

It was voluntary manslaughter at the least because they used a weapon. They made a decision to use a weapon which shows premeditation of lethal force.
it would be if arbrey didnt run over 100 feet and attack him and try and take the gun from him,,,
The presence of the gun is what is going to hang them.
Lol some want to show this guy GA law? Lol

what fucking bullshit are you trying to push???

greg didnt confront him and open fire,,,and it hasnt been proven arbrey was jogging,,,

There's video of him running down the road for some distance before he reached the pickup truck.

His gait in that video wasn't that of someone fleeing the scene of a crime...
You cant sprint forever. The running didnt start at the beginning of the video.

When Arbery first appears in the video, he's running...
Yes, but he could have been running for 10 minutes before that. Again, you cant sprint forever.

But we don't know that.

What we know is that, when Arbery is first seen in the video, he appears to be jogging...
jogging implies distance,,,did anyone see him jogging before this???
It doesn't matter, dumbass!

No.

I'm merely pointing out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about...
I am not focusing on trivial info such as what sex or gender the prosecutor is

if you think gender matters tell us why

It's much easier to dwell in white sin than look at the facts.

what fucking bullshit are you trying to push???

greg didnt confront him and open fire,,,and it hasnt been proven arbrey was jogging,,,

There's video of him running down the road for some distance before he reached the pickup truck.

His gait in that video wasn't that of someone fleeing the scene of a crime...
has anyone come forward and say they saw him jogging other than what we see in the video???

Many have stated that he jogged regularly. His gait in the video is that of a jogger, not of a fleeing criminal.

That works for me...
One doesn’t flee, by running TOWARD armed men. I don’t know about you, but I run from nuts with firearms.
...and get shot in the back!

but so did Arbery

I will let the jury review all the evidence - which neirther os us can do - and hope they make the right decision

my personal opinion is that the McMicheals used poor judgement since they could of and should of merely followed Arbery till the cops showed up

but I also think the suspect was reckless by not waiting for the cops also

Arbrey contributed to his own death

Wait for the cops? Why? He probably know the ex-DA's investigator had it in for him anyway. What was to be gained by waiting for the cops and taking a chance on disappearing in a Georgia swamp?

Forum List

Back