🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ahmed didn't build a clock

You know...........I've yet to see any video of this clock in action, so I can't say if he invented something new or not.

However...................to take something from one place and put it somewhere else is not as easy as you might think, especially when it comes to electronics, because if you hook just 1 wire up wrong, it doesn't work. And, if the thing you took the guts out of is shaped differently than what you want to put it into, well, you've also got to worry about fit.

He did something cool, let him have his moment.

I guess Sassy is pissed that she didn't get an invite to all those places and is jealous.

Dude, I read your horse shit on the gay Army leader thread, my father was career Navy and I'm here to tell you that you're full of shit. Completely full of it

Really? You know exactly what I did, what commands I served with and who I knew in the Navy, based on what your father did in the Navy?

When did he serve?

But................if you have to piss all over my service because you can't bring anything to the discussion, feel free. I served over 20 years in the Navy so that people have the right of free speech, even if it is as hateful and ignorant as yours.

Nah your BS about knowing who was gay and who wasn't LOL What a load

Working in Personnel, you get to find out a lot about people, and if they trust you, they are willing to talk to you.

Guess you don't have the temperment for that.

Yeah....DADT...dude. Give me a break.

I pulled an engine and transaxle out of a VW and put them into a tubular sand rail... little did I realize that I had invented them...
What made you think you invented them?

Well, this guy took the workings out of a clock and put them in a pencil box, and supposedly he invented a clock.

I pulled the workings out of a VW and stuck them into a sand rail when I was 16. Apparently I am an inventor. Who knew?
Who told you he invented a clock? Dont tell me you fell for Pinkys OP? :laugh:

When I read the original article, I assumed when they said Ahmed "built a clock" that he drew out the circuits, soldered the connections, and then needed to find something to hold it all together, and found a box around his home that was capable of housing his new creation, and it's similarity to a bomb construction was simply accidental.

As it turns out, that isn't the case at all.

The clock was already housed in it's own case. He didn't make it.

Now the similarity to a bomb is no longer a coincidence...it was contrived.

If you cannot see the difference, you are a lost cause.

Hey, when I was 13 or 14, I was taking all sorts of things apart, just to see if I could put them back together again. Did it with stereos and VCR's (it was the mid 70's), and my foster parents were cool with it as long as I put it back together correctly. However, the deal was that if I broke it, I had to buy another one.

Trust me, stuff like that isn't as easy as one might think. My foster parents were pretty happy that I was smart enough to do that and actually kinda encouraged my curiosity.

You sound like you were a very intelligent, gifted child!

Not to mention, he's 14, most 14 year old kids don't do things of this nature...
Pinky has already admitted that she couldnt do it even if all it consisted of was taking a clock apart and putting it back together. That makes her thread all the more weird.
The ignorant always hate what they can't understand. I saw the picture of the clock and thought: "How in the hell could anyone think that's a bomb?". Stupid people react stupidly, unfortunately they end up in positions of authority and willfully fuck people over who might point out how stupid they actually are.

Not to mention, he's 14, most 14 year old kids don't do things of this nature...
Pinky has already admitted that she couldnt do it even if all it consisted of was taking a clock apart and putting it back together. That makes her thread all the more weird.
I started about at 10, I was curious how those transistor radios with the crystal diodes the Japanese made worked...

I was never into that stuff as a kid. My brother was. He would take everything apart to see how it worked and put it back together. I later became an engineer and he is in construction. Go figure.

I pulled an engine and transaxle out of a VW and put them into a tubular sand rail... little did I realize that I had invented them...

Well, this guy took the workings out of a clock and put them in a pencil box, and supposedly he invented a clock.

I pulled the workings out of a VW and stuck them into a sand rail when I was 16. Apparently I am an inventor. Who knew?

When I read the original article, I assumed when they said Ahmed "built a clock" that he drew out the circuits, soldered the connections, and then needed to find something to hold it all together, and found a box around his home that was capable of housing his new creation, and it's similarity to a bomb construction was simply accidental.

You said all that but didnt explain how that meant he invented a clock? Why did you go off on a tangent?

I started about at 10, I was curious how those transistor radios with the crystal diodes the Japanese made worked...

I was never into that stuff as a kid. My brother was. He would take everything apart to see how it worked and put it back together. I later became an engineer and he is in construction. Go figure.
i do construction also, but I hated the electronics engineering degree I worked on,,,it took three years just to get to basic electronics, hell the Army shoved it down you throat in 6 weeks....

Hey, when I was 13 or 14, I was taking all sorts of things apart, just to see if I could put them back together again. Did it with stereos and VCR's (it was the mid 70's), and my foster parents were cool with it as long as I put it back together correctly. However, the deal was that if I broke it, I had to buy another one.

Trust me, stuff like that isn't as easy as one might think. My foster parents were pretty happy that I was smart enough to do that and actually kinda encouraged my curiosity.

You sound like you were a very intelligent, gifted child!

I did all right, however it started at a very young age. I remember when I was 5, my mother gave me a set of Time Life books and an aeronautics set for Christmas. I damn near wore those books out and built everything in the kit.

When I became an orphan, my grandparents took care of me for a year or two, and they also encouraged me with stuff like that.

I was fortunate in that when I went to a foster family, they also encouraged me to do stuff like that. I was also encouraged in my art, because I also did silkscreen, pen and ink, glass etching, painting, etc.

In some respects, parts of my childhood were fairly happy.

I found a plan for a "foxhole radio" in a magazine when I was 12. I built it and it worked. It was made from a razor blade, some wire, a board and other household stuff. Damned right I took it to school and showed it off.

i do construction also, but I hated the electronics engineering degree I worked on,,,it took three years just to get to basic electronics, hell the Army shoved it down you throat in 6 weeks....
Its weird. I did communications in the military, dealt with a lot of comsec. Got out and decided I wanted to learn how to build computers.Got a degree in Electironics Built my first computer with what I thought was an unlimited supply of space (500MBs harddrive) LOL! Then went back and got one in Computer Engineering.

11219048_1030359026995573_2207633702812470693_n.jpg

You know...........I've yet to see any video of this clock in action, so I can't say if he invented something new or not.

However...................to take something from one place and put it somewhere else is not as easy as you might think, especially when it comes to electronics, because if you hook just 1 wire up wrong, it doesn't work. And, if the thing you took the guts out of is shaped differently than what you want to put it into, well, you've also got to worry about fit.

He did something cool, let him have his moment.

I guess Sassy is pissed that she didn't get an invite to all those places and is jealous.

Dude, I read your horse shit on the gay Army leader thread, my father was career Navy and I'm here to tell you that you're full of shit. Completely full of it

Really? You know exactly what I did, what commands I served with and who I knew in the Navy, based on what your father did in the Navy?

When did he serve?

But................if you have to piss all over my service because you can't bring anything to the discussion, feel free. I served over 20 years in the Navy so that people have the right of free speech, even if it is as hateful and ignorant as yours.

Nah your BS about knowing who was gay and who wasn't LOL What a load

Working in Personnel, you get to find out a lot about people, and if they trust you, they are willing to talk to you.

Guess you don't have the temperment for that.

Yeah....DADT...dude. Give me a break.
You know nothing about DADT and beforehand....you never served.

You said all that but didnt explain how that meant he invented a clock? Why did you go off on a tangent?

Invented, as in built or assembled from scratch using ones own plans.

A big difference from swapping 100% pre-built and pre-assembled workings into a different case.

Sorry, I couldn't imagine that that was in any way unclear.

This is ridiculous. An innocent kid is humiliated and unjustly detained and handcuffed; and conservatives are in an uproar because he got the last laugh.

I guess we should thank Agmed for trolling you conservative fucks.

You were duped. Learn to live with it.

(Complete meltdown with accompanying obscenity and name calling in 3...2...1...)

Forum List

Back