🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ahmed didn't build a clock

He bought a clock and transferred it to a pencil case. Something is fishy about this entire story

Engineer Claims Ahmed Mohamed Didn’t Invent Digital Clock, Just Transferred it to Pencil Case

Unless you’ve had your head planted firmly somewhere dark and extremely smelly, you’ve no doubt seen all of the hoopla being made over a Muslim boy who made a digital clock and then was arrested because his teacher thought it might be a bomb.

Liberals wasted no time turning this into their latest pet cause, as social justice warriors online immediately created a hashtag — #IStandWithAhmed — because you can’t rail and rage against the deeply rooted — and highly mythical — racism toward Muslims that was clearly expressed in this case without a hashtag.

Feel free to do a little eye roll.

Anyway, according to an engineer’s blog post on Artvoice, Ahmed didn’t actually make a digital clock. He took apart an existing clock from the 1970s and simply transplanted its guts into the pencil case he picked up off Amazon.

This individual has an engineering degree and a love for all things electronics and thought it would be cool to reverse engineer the clock built by Ahmed, because well, he’s the kind of guy who gets a kick out of doing such things.

According to him and his research, that’s when he made the discovery about Ahmed’s “invention.”

"So I turned to eBay, searching for vintage alarm clocks. It only took a minute to locate Ahmed’s clock. See this eBay listing, up at the time of this writing. Amhed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidary. Catalog number 63 756."

Oh Boy! This is What Happened When Ahmed's "Clock" was Reverse Engineered...

nQvqMPS.jpg

He bought a clock and transferred it to a pencil case. Something is fishy about this entire story

Engineer Claims Ahmed Mohamed Didn’t Invent Digital Clock, Just Transferred it to Pencil Case

Unless you’ve had your head planted firmly somewhere dark and extremely smelly, you’ve no doubt seen all of the hoopla being made over a Muslim boy who made a digital clock and then was arrested because his teacher thought it might be a bomb.

Liberals wasted no time turning this into their latest pet cause, as social justice warriors online immediately created a hashtag — #IStandWithAhmed — because you can’t rail and rage against the deeply rooted — and highly mythical — racism toward Muslims that was clearly expressed in this case without a hashtag.

Anyway, according to an engineer’s blog post on Artvoice, Ahmed didn’t actually make a digital clock. He took apart an existing clock from the 1970s and simply transplanted its guts into the pencil case he picked up off Amazon.

This individual has an engineering degree and a love for all things electronics and thought it would be cool to reverse engineer the clock built by Ahmed, because well, he’s the kind of guy who gets a kick out of doing such things.

According to him and his research, that’s when he made the discovery about Ahmed’s “invention.”

"So I turned to eBay, searching for vintage alarm clocks. It only took a minute to locate Ahmed’s clock. See this eBay listing, up at the time of this writing. Amhed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidary. Catalog number 63 756."

Golly... ya know, if I were planning to build a detonator and smuggle it into a school, that would be one way to do it.

I've neard a lot of : softening up the targets

this thing is unbelievable. that looked like a damn bomb.

I saw the photo of the "clock". I asked every liberal....what time is the "clock" displaying??? Because it doesn't look Iike a damn clock.

One day there's gonna be a blast crater in Texas somewhere.....and liberals will say "We thought it was just a clock".

I pulled an engine and transaxle out of a VW and put them into a tubular sand rail... little did I realize that I had invented them...
What made you think you invented them?

Well, this guy took the workings out of a clock and put them in a pencil box, and supposedly he invented a clock.

I pulled the workings out of a VW and stuck them into a sand rail when I was 16. Apparently I am an inventor. Who knew?
Who told you he invented a clock? Dont tell me you fell for Pinkys OP? :laugh:

When I read the original article, I assumed when they said Ahmed "built a clock" that he drew out the circuits, soldered the connections, and then needed to find something to hold it all together, and found a box around his home that was capable of housing his new creation, and it's similarity to a bomb construction was simply accidental.

As it turns out, that isn't the case at all.

The clock was already housed in it's own case. He didn't make it.

Now the similarity to a bomb is no longer a coincidence...it was contrived.

If you cannot see the difference, you are a lost cause.
That wasn't a "clock" case, that's a pencil case....go to Staples and see them in all sorts of colors.

Go back and read it again.

I know there is nothing in your head except rage and knee-jerk reactions, you have done nothing to disabuse me of this assessment after all this time. You are a horrible, suspicious, unloving person and it does not seem to bother you a bit. You might be different in the real world, I have my doubts, but here you have no redeeming characteristics to speak of.

If I cared what you thought that may concern me but I don't so it doesn't. You're just another loudmouth left lo on. Nothing more an nothing less. Now run along and bother someone who gives a damn about what you spew
Thanks for proving me correct yet again you hateful little person you.

Bleh, doesn't your b/f need some luvin?
Random accusations of homosexuality only bothers insecure dumb-asses like you.You got anything else to say on the topic or are you just going to keep posting like a stereotype of a stupid conservative?

Want me to copy and paste the "random accusations" you made about me? You're one stupid SOB
Those were observations made of the words you vomit upon this board daily simpleton. Quit being stupid and hateful and maybe my opinion of you may change.

If I cared what you thought that may concern me but I don't so it doesn't. You're just another loudmouth left lo on. Nothing more an nothing less. Now run along and bother someone who gives a damn about what you spew

Random accusations of homosexuality only bothers insecure dumb-asses like you.You got anything else to say on the topic or are you just going to keep posting like a stereotype of a stupid conservative?

Want me to copy and paste the "random accusations" you made about me? You're one stupid SOB
Those were observations made of the words you vomit upon this board daily simpleton. Quit being stupid and hateful and maybe my opinion of you may change.

LOL Like I said, you're just another loudmouth left loon, you don't matter, you only think you do. Now pound sand, I'm weary of your nonsense

ROFLMNAO!

Imagine an irony SO SWEET... that a member of the Intellectually Less Fortunate comes to lament the limited intellectual means of another.

LOL!

You can NOT make this crap up.

I saw the photo of the "clock". I asked every liberal....what time is the "clock" displaying??? Because it doesn't look Iike a damn clock.

One day there's gonna be a blast crater in Texas somewhere.....and liberals will say "We thought it was just a clock".
The only picture of it is the one released by police after taking it apart, and a couple of Ahmed building it. I bet the design gets really popular once he gets it back and shows everyone how he made it. Good for him.

Can any liberals tell us what time Hockmeds "clock" was displaying in the photo? Because I sure couldnt. I didn't even see a clock. I saw a metal case with a circuit board and a bunch of wires and a power strip surge protector. No clock tbiugh.

I think it was an honest mistake but the sucky part is that people tried to make it about how hard it is to be Muslim crap. I think if anyone saw that they would think it was a bomb. How about mailing one to Obama and see how fast you will be charged with domestic terrorism.
Now the story is about how badly the right wing idiots in this country wants this kid punished; despite him being completely innocent of any wrongdoing.
This shit is all about him being Muslim and Texas, yet again, is a national embarrassment.

The only picture of it is the one released by police after taking it apart, and a couple of Ahmed building it. I bet the design gets really popular once he gets it back and shows everyone how he made it. Good for him.

Yeah I'm sure Target and Walmart will be selling clocks just like his soon.

LOL Like I said, you're just another loudmouth left loon, you don't matter, you only think you do. Now pound sand, I'm weary of your nonsense
Fine then go away or put me on ignore.

I'm on the teachers side, the kid was stupid to even bring some shit like that in in a fuckin case.....you want to build something, build a fuckin wall to keep illegals on their side.

I think it was an honest mistake but the sucky part is that people tried to make it about how hard it is to be Muslim crap. I think if anyone saw that they would think it was a bomb. How about mailing one to Obama and see how fast you will be charged with domestic terrorism.
Now the story is about how badly the right wing idiots in this country wants this kid punished; despite him being completely innocent of any wrongdoing.
This shit is all about him being Muslim and Texas, yet again, is a national embarrassment.

The fact that nearly everything Texas does angers liberals...means it's a huge success. That state is booming with success.

The newfound republican obsession with clocks and the anecdotal opinion of one engineer is noted.

Forum List

Back