airforce now forces you to swear to god

Naw, even she doesn't believe it.

But she's bound to the lie, so she goes on, year after year....

There is NO WAY a formal Naval officer wouldn't admit to an error over something as simple as was this guy still in the AF or not?
Want to see pages after pages of bodey's lies? look up the thread "the plywood must get through" it is totally revealing about bodeys lies and how dishonest she truly is.

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

it is well known that the air force is made up a fundies and "zealots".

Why do you have a problem with the cadets revolting? Do they not have the same luxury of expressing their view....the same as when atheist or others express their view against religion?

Atheists should not care, either way; thus my question about their delicate sensabilities. If one does not believe, that is their right. A point is reached when atheism becomes a religion, which is being forced upon those who believe, of ANY faith. Thus, the rights of believers are infringed.

Atheists should not care, either way; thus my question about their delicate sensabilities. If one does not believe, that is their right. A point is reached when atheism becomes a religion, which is being forced upon those who believe, of ANY faith. Thus, the rights of believers are infringed.

How? Give some examples how the right of a believer is infringed upon.

You really think requiring all members to say "so help me god" even if they don't believe in that god is less of an infringement than just making it optional?

How? Give some examples how the right of a believer is infringed upon.

You really think requiring all members to say "so help me god" even if they don't believe in that god is less of an infringement than just making it optional?

As I wrote, those who do not believe must be able to say "I hereby give my oath/affirm" or another varient. Liberty requires differences. Those who believe must have the liberty to express that belief. Both have limits within the military Code of course.

She outed herself. I merely asked questions.

What a bizarre world we live in when a person makes comments that prove they are lying about military service and someone says so, and a third person comes in and attacks the person who notices the liar.

I get it, she's a fellow lesbian, but the fact remains. ANYONE who doesn't know that the COTUS does not apply to military members in regards to the military has never served. Sorry I don't make the facts.

She did no such thing. She did serve and retired honorably. I guess that's why you feel the need to lie about her service.

You know, on my last board, you'd get banned for questioning another members service.
How do you know she served, have you seen her DD214? Don't out yourself now. Do you wear kilts too?

and you don't even realize the irony of your post.

Oh don't I? The military message board I was a member of was one of the most restrictive you'll ever see. Until Barack Obama became POTUS, personal attacks on the CinC were forbidden. Personal attacks on other members, a no-no. Questioning someones service, taboo. Saying "Koch suckers" would get you suspended on that board. That board is about 85% conservative...the irony isn't lost at all.

and you don't even realize the irony of your post.

Oh don't I? The military message board I was a member of was one of the most restrictive you'll ever see. Until Barack Obama became POTUS, personal attacks on the CinC were forbidden. Personal attacks on other members, a no-no. Questioning someones service, taboo. Saying "Koch suckers" would get you suspended on that board. That board is about 85% conservative...the irony isn't lost at all.

Keep digging the hole, lol.

As I wrote, those who do not believe must be able to say "I hereby give my oath/affirm" or another varient. Liberty requires differences. Those who believe must have the liberty to express that belief. Both have limits within the military Code of course.

Nobody....I say again, NOBODY would demand that the "believer" not say "so help me god" at the end of their enlistment oath if they so desired.

It does, however, fly in the face of all that this country stands for and all that those airmen fight to protect, to require a non believer to say it.

Nobody....I say again, NOBODY would demand that the "believer" not say "so help me god" at the end of their enlistment oath if they so desired.

It does, however, fly in the face of all that this country stands for and all that those airmen fight to protect, to require a non believer to say it.

Agreed. I wrote "I affirm, and give my oath" must be sufficient.

What hole? The "conservatives tend toward authoritative fascism when they have control" hole? Okay.

So do democrats, just go to DU and see that in full effect.

Such a conundrum, you want to use your board-ally's service as a whip to beat up on people, but in your heart of hearts, you can't stand most other military people because of their politics, both real and alleged.

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

it is well known that the air force is made up a fundies and "zealots".

Why do you have a problem with the cadets revolting? Do they not have the same luxury of expressing their view....the same as when atheist or others express their view against religion?

Atheism is a religion as cold is heat and as dark is light.

What hole? The "conservatives tend toward authoritative fascism when they have control" hole? Okay.

Such a conundrum, you want to use your board-ally's service as a whip to beat up on people, but in your heart of hearts, you can't stand most other military people because of their politics, both real and alleged.
DU and FreeRepublic are two sides of the same coin. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they are both run by the same people.

Nah...I don't like debating in a bubble. I will however take a gander at their boards as you suggest and see if there is anything like that old board of mine...I highly doubt it. Do they allow personal insults and bad language over there? Can you insult the current POTUS at DU? My old board allows it now, but they didn't when the president was a Republican. No CinC bashing was the rule and it was absolute.

Can you make your own signatures over at DU? Can't at my old board...you had to ask a mod to do it for you. Tagline too...couldn't change that yourself, had to request it of a mod.

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.
Neither the Air Force nor the United States is a democracy; citizens' civil liberties are not determined by 'majority rule,' and the majority has no authority to determine who will or will not have his civil liberties.

The First Amendment is not 'twisted beliefs,' and nothing is being 'forced' on anyone.

And the First Amendment rights of those who believe must be protected also.
Let me ask you...are you talking about the First Amendment rights to believe in your religion? Or the First Amendment "rights" to make others affirm your religion?

Forum List

Back