airforce now forces you to swear to god

Prayers "in uniform" at formal military events is also common, but I'm sure the scum will try to block that and the constitutional rights of those in the military.

More absolute proof that your claims of serving are false.

You give up your CONSTITUTIONAL protections, absolutely positively. You DO however have legal protections, as defined in the UCMJ

By the way, did you acknowledge that this airman IS still in the Air Force
contrary to your earlier claims?[/QUOTE]
Til November

An atheist airman at Creech Air Force Base in Nevada has until November to change his mind and swear a reenlistment oath to God, the Air Force said.

So...you believe we give up our Freedom of Religion too when we enlist?[/QUOTE]
Apparently you missed this post I made HOURS ago.[/QUOTE

TIl November is correct, but that is NOT what you said, you claimed he was no longer in the AIr Force.

Your EXACT words to me were

\
If I were the Air Force, Id change my policy, reenlist this pussy and send him to the North Pole for 4 years.
And people like you is why we have the 1st Amendment and the ACLU.

You have a first amendment right to not be sent somewhere when you join the military? II though you served?
I did...and the Navy didn't make us swear to God...we could swear or affirm.

What does that have to do with you claiming the ACLU could d a damned thing?
Of course they can....anyone can get an ACLU lawyer to fight for their 1st Amendment rights when groups like the Air Farce tries to take them away.

How old are you? Did you serve so long ago that you have forgotten everything they taught you?
And what is it what I said that is legally incorrect?
Short and sweet.

A soldier can not sue the military.

Ever.
Did you pay attention to the story? He was not allowed to re-enlist. He's no longer a airman....so he can sue the Federal government for allowing such a blatantly unConstitutional policy in place.

So , another BLATANT lie from you.

Coupled with the FACT that you don't seem to realize that no you do NOT have the same level of freedom of religion in the military as you do in civilian life and that has been AFFIRMED by SCOTUS on several occasions (see link in previous post) PROVES that you never served in the military.

Oh, here's the link to your lie
airforce now forces you to swear to god Page 5 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum[

@bodecea

Last edited:
Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

Every hear of the Constitution of the United States?

Read the First Amendment.

The ignorance of some on this board is u n-bleeping-believable.

Speaking of ignorance

The BILL OF RIGHTS DOES NOT APPLY TO MILITARY MEMBERS

period, full stop

You mean when I was in the Navy and I didn't like the chow, I couldn't have called a lawyer and sued the Navy for violating my civil rights? :confused-84:

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

Speaking of ignorance

period, full stop

You mean when I was in the Navy and I didn't like the chow, I couldn't have called a lawyer and sued the Navy for violating my civil rights? :confused-84:

An Army guy NEVER wants to hear a Navy person bitching about the food.

Prayers "in uniform" at formal military events is also common, but I'm sure the scum will try to block that and the constitutional rights of those in the military.
What makes your god so special?

My God is special. He tells me so everynight

Speaking of ignorance

period, full stop

An Army guy NEVER wants to hear a Navy person bitching about the food.

Try eating your food while riding a roller coaster. ;)

I'm not questioning her service, I'm flat stating "she didnt' serve" PERIOD.

So you're straight up saying you're a chickenshit...good to know.

She outed herself. I merely asked questions.

What a bizarre world we live in when a person makes comments that prove they are lying about military service and someone says so, and a third person comes in and attacks the person who notices the liar.

I get it, she's a fellow lesbian, but the fact remains. ANYONE who doesn't know that the COTUS does not apply to military members in regards to the military has never served. Sorry I don't make the facts.

again , with all due respect. members of the military do NOT have constitutional protection of their rights.

Shouldn't be forced. The Lord doesn't want us to take his name in vain.

People should be allowed to affirm.

Simple solution, or just omit the phrase, and say "I hereby give my oath...." If atheists are firm in their NON belief, why in the world are they so touchy about the beliefs of others?

All that God shit needs to be taken entirely out of government - which certainly includes the military. It amazes me how gullible people can be sucked into believing ONE book written by a bunch of ancient, superstitious old goat/sheepherders. There is absolutely no proof of any supernatural entity as depicted in the Bible.

Simple solution, or just omit the phrase, and say "I hereby give my oath...." If atheists are firm in their NON belief, why in the world are they so touchy about the beliefs of others?

It's tradition, which I realize means nothing to civilians, but is EVERYTHING to the military.

Only the Air Force requires swearing an oath to god. The Navy, Army, Marines, and Coast Guard do not. The Air Force "tradition" means nothing to me. In fact, I am older than the Air force.

It's tradition, which I realize means nothing to civilians, but is EVERYTHING to the military.
Not everything...competence is kind of important too

Forum List

Back