airforce now forces you to swear to god

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

Every hear of the Constitution of the United States?

Read the First Amendment.

The ignorance of some on this board is un-bleeping-believable.

Naw, even she doesn't believe it.

But she's bound to the lie, so she goes on, year after year....

There is NO WAY a formal Naval officer wouldn't admit to an error over something as simple as was this guy still in the AF or not?

I think her original claim was that she was a COMMANDER.

Pretty funny stuff.

Yes O-6 was what she told me

Not sure why she didn't just go ahead and make herself a General.

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

Every hear of the Constitution of the United States?

Read the First Amendment.

The ignorance of some on this board is u n-bleeping-believable.

Speaking of ignorance

The BILL OF RIGHTS DOES NOT APPLY TO MILITARY MEMBERS

period, full stop

There is NO WAY a formal Naval officer wouldn't admit to an error over something as simple as was this guy still in the AF or not?

I think her original claim was that she was a COMMANDER.

Pretty funny stuff.

I wonder if she's taken it so far as to start mailing herself a "retirement check?"

:rofl:

God I need to get a hobby , retirement is killing me.

There is o
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.
My goddess, not your god.....right.
God has no sexual identity or desire. That is exactly how God remains far ahead of the assholes God created.

Which god are you talking about?

After all, there are so many ...

And, even so, none of the various gods have a place in this discussion. Once again, refer to the Constitution of the United States and pay especially close attention to that pesky First Amendment you RWs hate so much.

As always that kind of thing depends on the person both taking and giving the oath.

I know many guys who just didn't say it, nothing was ever said.

I expressly asked not to say it and was denied.

So did that make you become a Christian, bode?

Did they force you to church?

Did they make you sign a statement saying "I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior!"

Psst..you're a freaking idiot.

Speaking of ignorance

The BILL OF RIGHTS DOES NOT APPLY TO MILITARY MEMBERS

period, full stop

Of course it does, don't make ridiculous blanket statements like that. While there are some differences in protections, to say it doesn't apply is hyperbolic nonsense.

There is o
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.
My goddess, not your god.....right.
God has no sexual identity or desire. That is exactly how God remains far ahead of the assholes God created.

Which god are you talking about?

After all, there are so many ...

And, even so, none of the various gods have a place in this discussion. Once again, refer to the Constitution of the United States and pay especially close attention to that pesky First Amendment you RWs hate so much.

What part of this do you not understand?

Military members give up their constitutional rights and are instead governed by the UCMJ
SCOTUS has on MANY occasions ruled on the issue of religious freedom in the military

Religious Freedom in the Military - FAQ - Liberty Institute

So did that make you become a Christian, bode?

Did they force you to church?

Did they make you sign a statement saying "I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior!"

Psst..you're a freaking idiot.

I'm not bod, non serving moron.

I stated in another post, and quoted you, that he was going to be OUT in November....he is free to sue at that time.

Would you like me to repeat that in a few more minutes?

Oh....and we had prayers at military dinners too......I'm sure you scumbags are horrified too.

I still all these years later remember how I was introduced to religious "freedom" in the Army.

In Basic Training on Saturday evening we were told that on Sunday we were free to attend a service of some kind or we were free to clean the barracks while everyone else did.

EVERYONE went to Church. It was actually kind of cool because I went to Basic on a very big base and they had tons of options for religious service and we went to a different one almost every week.

What does any of this have to do with religion? And what religion is that specified, if any?
Making a re-enlistee swear to god or else they cannot re-enlist.....Are you going to assert that that isn't a Freedom of
[QUOTE="bodecea, post: 9778560, member: 20112"
So...we are being told now that when we sign up to the military we ALSO give up our freedom of religion?

More absolute proof that your claims of serving are false.

You give up your CONSTITUTIONAL protections, absolutely positively. You DO however have legal protections, as defined in the UCMJ

By the way, did you acknowledge that this airman IS still in the Air Force
contrary to your earlier claims?
Til November

An atheist airman at Creech Air Force Base in Nevada has until November to change his mind and swear a reenlistment oath to God, the Air Force said.

So...you believe we give up our Freedom of Religion too when we enlist?[/QUOTE]
Apparently you missed this post I made HOURS ago.

Herself is the only person who believes she's a retired lesbian Naval Aviator.

Pretty chickenshit to question someone else's service, especially when you're doing it with a non serving POS like Kosher.

I'm not questioning her service, I'm flat stating "she didnt' serve" PERIOD.
Well, good thing I still get my substantial retirement check each month REGARDLESS of what you believe. :D

Forum List

Back