Al Sharpton To Be A MSNBC News Anchor

Cenk Uygur was critical of the whitehouse and the ideologues on the right, I liked the open sound off commentary at the end of show, but MSM is corporate owned and operated and Uygur was honest in his commentary on all topics, and honesty is not a business practice. Cenk did what wingnuts say more liberal people do not do, he criticized Obama's kowtowing to big money and republican ideologues. When the majority with all the money want you gone, corporations and their lackeys have no choice. Anyone who works in corporate America knows this.

While I watch so called news sporadically, the Reverend has been pretty good so far.

‪Cenk Leaves MSNBC (Inside Story)‬‏ - YouTube

It's a rwn fest in here, isn't it? I loved Cenk and Rev. Al is wonderful!

He has conservatives on all the time trying to say they're fair and balanced, he lets them know for sure that they are not exactly that.

I had always disliked Al Sharpton, mainly because of his involvement in the mendacious Tawana Brawley incident. But I've been watching him on MSNBC for the past week and I must say he's doing a good job.

Problem is the good job he's doing is predicated on his aggressive handling of the Republicans who show up to be interviewed. Once it becomes generally known that he pulls no punches and comes on strong he'll be avoided. And that will be the end for him.

He's still learning.

Sharpton, I think, had an epiphany when he went to jail and did the hunger strike.

He's grown from a carnival barker to a real pundit.

That said..I liked Cenk alot. He was bright and forceful.

Hopefully he shows up again.

I hope so too. Cenk is a bright guy, they need him like they needed Rachel back when. People were getting tired of all the emotion from Keith Olbermann. Ed Shultz was that way too and neither of them could get any Repubs to join a discussion.

Cenk and Rev Al can.

I had always disliked Al Sharpton, mainly because of his involvement in the mendacious Tawana Brawley incident. But I've been watching him on MSNBC for the past week and I must say he's doing a good job.

Problem is the good job he's doing is predicated on his aggressive handling of the Republicans who show up to be interviewed. Once it becomes generally known that he pulls no punches and comes on strong he'll be avoided. And that will be the end for him.

He's still learning.

Sharpton, I think, had an epiphany when he went to jail and did the hunger strike.

He's a crude, poorly-spoken, unschooled thug.

I'm selling my United Amalgamated Universal Elbow Pads International stock, pronto!!!

Business is sure to take a dive without the need for Al and Jesse to do battle trying to elbow each other out from in front of the nearest video camera.

He's still learning.

If you were speaking of G. Gordon Liddy, a man who's actually killed people (by his own admission), trained terrorists, and spent several years in prison for carrying out an illegal break in..I might agree with you.

Sharpton screwed up with Brawely. But he's made a great deal of progress ever since.

Without killing people, breaking into political offices or training terrorists.

After his grandstanding Tawana Brawley fiasco, I would never watch him. No matter how much you clean him up
I understand your feelings about Sharpton and for the most part I share them. But if you would break your rule and watch him I'm sure you'd appreciate the way he rips into some of the right-wingers he interviews. They try to bullshit him but he hits them between the eyes with facts and he won't let them wiggle out of a lie.

In the end that will be his undoing because no one of any prominence will come on with him once they know he goes for the throat. But while he's doing it you might as well enjoy watching it.

Cenk Uygur was critical of the whitehouse and the ideologues on the right, I liked the open sound off commentary at the end of show, but MSM is corporate owned and operated and Uygur was honest in his commentary on all topics, and honesty is not a business practice. Cenk did what wingnuts say more liberal people do not do, he criticized Obama's kowtowing to big money and republican ideologues. When the majority with all the money want you gone, corporations and their lackeys have no choice. Anyone who works in corporate America knows this.

While I watch so called news sporadically, the Reverend has been pretty good so far.

It's a rwn fest in here, isn't it? I loved Cenk and Rev. Al is wonderful!

He has conservatives on all the time trying to say they're fair and balanced, he lets them know for sure that they are not exactly that.

Yeah like/////// he is? get a grip.. he a race baiting fear mongerer.

He's still learning.

If you were speaking of G. Gordon Liddy, a man who's actually killed people (by his own admission), trained terrorists, and spent several years in prison for carrying out an illegal break in..I might agree with you.

Sharpton screwed up with Brawely. But he's made a great deal of progress ever since.

Without killing people, breaking into political offices or training terrorists.

BULLSHIT

First, almost anyone would laugh at your characterization of Liddy - he's an eccentric given to bragadoccio and there's no evidence he ever killed anyone.

Sharpton is a thug who has destroyed lives.

What you dismiss as a 'screwup' in the Brawley case was actually destroying the reputation of several innocent men, and making their lives hell for a long time, as well as inflaming racial tensions just for his personal aggrandizement. He was successfully sued for slander, but never paid the judgement, preposterously claiming he had no money while walking around in $1000 suits.

He inflamed blacks in the crown heights incident, falsely claiming a black car accident victim didn't die by accident - resulting in a black mob chanting "kill the jew", grabbing a completely innocent jewish man, and killing him.

He did the same thing, inflaming and falsely telling a black mob in harlem in the freddy's fashion mart incident that a white guy was responsible for a black business being evicted: result - the black mob killed several people.

It's disgusting that EVEN PMSNBC would have anything to do with him.

Last edited:
His rating were better than CNN and Fox, seems you cannot speak honestly on MSM, but you knew that right? Power does not like honest reporting. Listen to video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7o0sNrulg]‪Cenk Leaves MSNBC (Inside Story)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

His rating were better than CNN and Fox, seems you cannot speak honestly on MSM, but you knew that right? Power does not like honest reporting. Listen to video.

Uygar makes a good case but the reason I always tuned him out was every time I tuned him in there were three people talking over each other.

Another one I can't stand is Rachel Maddow, who doesn't speak but gushes. Everything she says has the tone of earth-shattering breaking news. And the affected laughter gets old fast. All I want is news and opinion. Too much personality is redundant and annoying.

Redemption sure is a funny business....who gets it, who doesn't. Sharkskin is a scummy carnival barker so he will fit right in.

Forum List

Back