Alabama Governor Bentley had illicit affair with staffer in Governor’s office

I looked at his website and it looks like he's doing a good job at governor. Also, how many Democratic politicians have had affairs? Most of them probably.
Democratic governors don't run on family values ... Bentley did.
So it's ok for Democratic politicians to be immoral and unethical slimeballs because that's what they stand for?
If that suits you. Bentley is a hypocrite.
Doesn't it make you a hypocrite to judge a Republican but not judge a Democrat? That's a double standard. And who the hell are you to judge? Since you are a Democrat, I can assume you are a homosexual and/or a transvestite.
I don't judge unless it's a hypocrite.
Having a bad marriage doesn't disqualify this man from doing a good job as governor.

And please stop, we know you don't think adultery is immoral, any more than you think male-on-male sodomy is immoral.

He needs to step down, if he can't loyal and trust worthy to his wife, how can he be loyal to the people of Alabama?

He needs to step down, if he can't loyal and trust worthy to his wife, how can he be loyal to the people of Alabama?
Because he's a Republican right? You people are so transparent. Ted Kennedy was a serial philander and he killed a woman, and Democrats re-elected him any way. Clinton actually raped a woman, and Democrats didn't give a damn. Stop with the bullshit, you aren't convincing anyone.

So you just keep voting for right wingers who run on morality and traditional marriage, but you don't care if it's true.
I think you're a moron for even bringing it up. At least 70% of married men admit they have cheated on their wives. That means if you are married, the odds are you cheat on your wife.

Because he's a Republican right? You people are so transparent. Ted Kennedy was a serial philander and he killed a woman, and Democrats re-elected him any way. Clinton actually raped a woman, and Democrats didn't give a damn. Stop with the bullshit, you aren't convincing anyone.

I'm a conservative, I am on the record that Clinton should have stepped down, Ted Kennedy was guilty of negligent homicide at the very least.

You jumping to conclusions is pretty stupid.

So you just keep voting for right wingers who run on morality and traditional marriage, but you don't care if it's true.
I think you're a moron for even bringing it up. At least 70% of married men admit they have cheated on their wives. That means if you are married, the odds are you cheat on your wife.
So, like I said, you stand on candidates who preach morality but you don't care really.

So, like I said, you stand on candidates who preach morality but you don't care really.

So, should he resign? Do you care?

I'm a conservative, I am on the record that Clinton should have stepped down, Ted Kennedy was guilty of negligent homicide at the very least.

So, you think Bentley should step down?

I looked at his website and it looks like he's doing a good job at governor. Also, how many Democratic politicians have had affairs? Most of them probably.
How many of them crow about their dedication to family values?

So, you think Bentley should step down?

You quoted me. I wrote "He needs to step down, if he can't loyal and trust worthy to his wife, how can he be loyal to the people of Alabama?" Is English tough for you?

Do you think he should resign? Do you really care one way or the other?

Last edited:
I never was unfaithful but certainly am not going to cast any stones. Feel bad for all those involved in this mess and sorry for those who get pleasure out of the failings of others.

FDR had a mistress, JFK was a philanderer who slept with an East German spy, Clinton raped a woman and pulled down his pants and showed his schlong to an unwilling woman.

Jefferson had sex with his slaves, and fathered black children who were also his slaves, and he never freed them, even after his death, because he was deep in debt.

And guess what, they were all good Presidents.

So stop with the bullshit of trying to unseat a good governor because he has problems with his marriage.

Clinton didn't get in trouble for his extra-marital affairs, he got in trouble for lying about it under oath, and encouraging Monica Lewinsky to lie under oath.

Whether you "crow" about your dedication or not, you took a vow and you should honor it.
True, but he never built his public persona around it.
It's the difference between bad faith and hypocrisy.

Clinton didn't get in trouble for his extra-marital affairs, he got in trouble for lying about it under oath, and encouraging Monica Lewinsky to lie under oath.

Whether you "crow" about your dedication or not, you took a vow and you should honor it.
Yeah, but no one gives a damn what you and your stupid liberal friends think, so STFU.

Yeah, but no one gives a damn what you and your stupid liberal friends think, so STFU.
Obviously, what you supposedly think is BS.

My 'stupid' liberal friends?
You could have also have called them 'dummies' or 'babies'.

Forum List

Back