Alabama & Indiana Suspends Enforcing Penalties for Expired Pistol Permits and DL

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Apparently they've gone to a temporary state of constitutional carry...

TO ALL ALABAMA LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL:
This message is from the ALABAMA SHERIFF'S ASSOCIATION.
Faced with the current situation we are presently under, I recommend posting notice on your entrance door that no pistol permits will be issued or renewed until this quarantine is lifted. Notify officers that an expired pistol license is not to be enforced as such during this time we are put on hold.
The same should be with Driver's Licenses that expire during the same period.
Bobby Timmons
Executive Director
Alabama Sheriff's Association
Leslie Hurlbert
Administrative Assistant

Chief Tommie J. Reese, Sr.
Law Enforcement Coordinator

Executive Division
Office of the Attorney General
State of Alabama
501 Washington Avenue
Post Office Box 300152
Montgomery, Alabama 36130
334-353-1082 Office
334-604-1640 Cell
[email protected]

Faced with the current situation we are presently under, I recommend posting notice on your entrance door that no pistol permits will be issued or renewed until this quarantine is lifted. Notify officers that an expired pistol license is not to be enforced as such during this time we are put on hold.
Bobby Timmons
Executive Director
Leslie Hurlbert
Administrative Assistant

Executive Division
State of Alabama
501 Washington Avenue
Post Office Box 300152
334-353-1082 Office
334-604-1640 Cell
[email protected]

And why not. Alabama is the 2nd highest violent homicide gun crime state in the nation. On the other hand, we don't want our public officials spreading the Virus because stupid gunnutters won't stay home.

Bobby Timmons
Executive Director
Leslie Hurlbert
Administrative Assistant

Executive Division
State of Alabama
501 Washington Avenue
Post Office Box 300152
334-353-1082 Office
334-604-1640 Cell
[email protected]

And why not. Alabama is the 2nd highest violent homicide gun crime state in the nation. On the other hand, we don't want our public officials spreading the Virus because stupid gunnutters won't stay home.

How many of those gun homicides were committed by permit-holders? Very few I would imagine.

You can bet that the criminals who use firearms and those who are ineligible to posses a firearm aren't staying home. Drug dealers, robbers, car-jackers, and gangbangers have to make a living too, regardless of the "stay at home" rules.

Bobby Timmons
Executive Director
Leslie Hurlbert
Administrative Assistant

Executive Division
State of Alabama
501 Washington Avenue
Post Office Box 300152
334-353-1082 Office
334-604-1640 Cell
[email protected]

How many of those gun homicides were committed by permit-holders? Very few I would imagine.

You can bet that the criminals who use firearms and those who are ineligible to posses a firearm aren't staying home. Drug dealers, robbers, car-jackers, and gangbangers have to make a living too, regardless of the "stay at home" rules.

No, there hasn't been too many permit holders being stupid. But normally, when they find a person without a permit can now just say that he meant to but can't get the permit right now. Works for me. Let's work out another round of excuses.

Forum List

Back