Alabama Sen. Shelby will not run for Reelection

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
It going to get wild in Alabama on the political front. Shelby was a powerful politician. Republicans may lose an advantage in the Senate with his retirement. I am not sure who the republicans or democrat will be running to take his place. Alabama is losing a man who sent a lot of government business to the state. Longtime GOP Senator Richard Shelby to retire - CBS News

Last edited:
It going to get wild in Alabama on the political front. Shelby was a powerful politician. Republicans may lose an advantage in the Senate with his retirement. I am not sure who the republicans or democrat will be running to take his place. Alabama is losing a man who sent a lot of government business to the state. Longtime GOP Senator Richard Shelby to retire - CBS News
At 86 yrs of age he SHOULD BE RETIRING!

I agree he did a lot of good for Alabama. He is 86 and maybe he feels that it's time to retire because it's so divisive and legislation seems to be tough to pass, that he rather relax in his golden years.

I agree he did a lot of good for Alabama. He is 86 and maybe he feels that it's time to retire because it's so divisive and legislation seems to be tough to pass, that he rather relax in his golden years.
Did good, how? It is still one of the poorest states in the country.

It would have been a lot poorer with out him. He brought a lot of government projects in to the state .Which created a lot of jobs.

The good news is that he's from AL. So the GOP should hold that seat easily.

I'm curious who the GOP will put up.

He should have retired decades ago. Two terms is all they should get, if only we were a sane nation.

It would have been a lot poorer with out him. He brought a lot of government projects in to the state .Which created a lot of jobs.
It is still A parasitic state that takes more than it gives.

Although it is one of the poorest states he was always working to try and help the economy with new plants and jobs. That's what a good senator tries to do, here's an example and although it happened in 2007 it had a positive effect. <b>Shelby: Great News for Alabama</b>

It is still A parasitic state that takes more than it gives.
Where does the money go? Revenue sharing? Also, the high tax states up until Trump received a lot of tax breaks for tax purposes. One thing though...I believe Shelby is involved with the the White Elephant Space Launch System. Estimates are about one and half billion to two billion dollars a launch. Could change though. The SLS is headquartered in Alabama. This is wasteful government. The type you like as this is the same process for most big ticket projects we have. Dying empires spend more and more on them.

Forum List

Back