🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Supreme Court Justice Says First Amendment Applies Only to Christians

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
If you don’t think theocracy is coming, it is time to wake up, folks, and smell the burning books. Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court, the infamous “Ten Commandments” judge, put it all out there for anyone listening: the First Amendment applies only to Christians.
This is not Bryan Fischer talking now, or Pat Robertson, or even David Barton. This is not somebody just running for office. This is the supreme justice of a state supreme court doing the talking. You know, somebody we depend upon to uphold the law and the Constitution.

A rabid lunatic

If you don’t think theocracy is coming, it is time to wake up, folks, and smell the burning books. Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court, the infamous “Ten Commandments” judge, put it all out there for anyone listening: the First Amendment applies only to Christians.
This is not Bryan Fischer talking now, or Pat Robertson, or even David Barton. This is not somebody just running for office. This is the supreme justice of a state supreme court doing the talking. You know, somebody we depend upon to uphold the law and the Constitution.

A rabid lunatic

You people need to start building work camps for you ultimate solution for Christians. Verstehst du mich herr arse?

A rabid lunatic

Read the link and at no time did it quote anyone saying that only Christians were protected by the 1st amendment. In fact all it did is show that the Justice in question is a religious man. Nothing he said was controversial , illegal, immoral or even wrong. Last I checked one is allowed to have a personal opinion about God. In FACT the 1st Amendment protects that right, even for Judges.

Perhaps you could quote for us where the judge said the actual words or even implied it?

This guy sounds exactly like the politicians who ran Georgia when I was growing up there. Being a member of the KKK was a big plus in getting elected. Jews were an open, in-season tagged, as were blacks. There were no Muslims or Asians in the south, so that was not an issue. However, they always included the word, "Godless" in heir speeches, and it was well understood that anyone who was not Protestant was one of them. Catholics were also outsiders who needed to be taught the true religion.

This guy brings back a lot of memories that I thought that I had forgotten.

This guy sounds exactly like the politicians who ran Georgia when I was growing up there. Being a member of the KKK was a big plus in getting elected. Jews were an open, in-season tagged, as were blacks. There were no Muslims or Asians in the south, so that was not an issue. However, they always included the word, "Godless" in heir speeches, and it was well understood that anyone who was not Protestant was one of them. Catholics were also outsiders who needed to be taught the true religion.

Perhaps you can quote for me where he said anything even remotely controversial? Or better yet him actually saying what the title of the piece claims he said?

Chief Justice Moore later defined “life” via Blackstone’s Law — a book that American lawyers have “sadly forgotten” — as beginning when “the baby kicks.” “Today,” he said, “our courts say it’s not alive ’til the head comes out.”

Alabama?s chief justice: Buddha didn?t create us so First Amendment only protects Christians
Unsurprisingly, Chief Justice Moore is wrong:

After analyzing the usage of "person" in the Constitution, the Court concluded that that word "has application only postnatally." Id., at 157. Commenting on the contingent property interests of the unborn that are generally represented by guardians ad litem, the Court noted: "Perfection of the interests involved, again, has generally been contingent upon live birth. In short, the unborn have never been recognized in the law as persons in the whole sense." Id., at 162. Accordingly, an abortion is not "the termination of life entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection."

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pa. v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833 (1992)

Consequently, there is no ‘today,’ the courts have always held that life in the context of Constitutional case law begins at birth.

This is the same rightwing nitwit who in 2003 was forced out of office because he refused to obey the Supreme Court.

At least he’s consistent in his ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution and the rule of law.

A rabid lunatic

Read the link and at no time did it quote anyone saying that only Christians were protected by the 1st amendment. In fact all it did is show that the Justice in question is a religious man. Nothing he said was controversial , illegal, immoral or even wrong. Last I checked one is allowed to have a personal opinion about God. In FACT the 1st Amendment protects that right, even for Judges.

Perhaps you could quote for us where the judge said the actual words or even implied it?

I didn't go to the link, but I lived in Alabama during Roy Moore's last debacle.

Yes, he is a religious man. He is also the man who placed a 2 ton monument with the 10 Commandments on it in the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building. It was put in at night and Moore refused to remove it and refused to allow any other plaques or displays to be put in the lobby with it.

When he was a Circuit Judge, he was quoted as saying he could not guarantee a fair trial to anyone who was not Judeo-Christian.

Perhaps you can quote for me where he said anything even remotely controversial? Or better yet him actually saying what the title of the piece claims he said?

I think his work putting the 10 Commandments monument in the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building, and not allow any other displays, pretty much says all you need to know about Moore.

I think his work putting the 10 Commandments monument in the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building, and not allow any other displays, pretty much says all you need to know about Moore.

Moore's a nutcase. But then nearly every republican in Alabama is. Remember Moores buddy Troy King? The Al AG who was virulently antigay and even wanted to pass a law banning sex toys?

The guy who was caught having sex with the Prom King at Troy State whom he later put on the payroll as his "personal asst" at 21 years of age for 40k a year?

At no time in that 8:31 second video did he say that the 1st was for Christians only.

Yet another hit leftist lie that leftist are to fucking dumb to check up on.

negged for lying

Moore's a nutcase. But then nearly every republican in Alabama is. Remember Moores buddy Troy King? The Al AG who was virulently antigay and even wanted to pass a law banning sex toys?

The guy who was caught having sex with the Prom King at Troy State whom he later put on the payroll as his "personal asst" at 21 years of age for 40k a year?

Wasn't that a rumor to include his resigning over it. Not only was he caught in bed by his wife but also in a YMCA doing the dirty deed dressed as a cop? Come on LOL.

Seriously, what are the odds Troy King gets caught with the prom King from Troy University in bed and in a YMCA while dressed in a cop uniform? LMAO. Its too damn good to be true. Many said it was the gov who started the rumor. It sounds like some wacky sitcom plot to tell the truth.

Last edited:
The article is a straight up LIE. He never said what it claims or can someone quote it for me? He never said anything even remotely like it nor anything controversial at all.

Do these kind of lies pass for journalism by the left? Create an absolutely lie then go on about it with no evidence to even support the claim?

As someone who grew up in, and spent a large portion of my life living in, Alabama, I can assure you that the democrats are not much better. The 1986 governors race was a debacle for them and saw Guy Hunt elected. That was a joke.

But at least the dems gave us Bill Baxley, one of the most fearless politicians I have known.

But Roy Moore is a nightmare. I guess if you want a theocracy he is your man. He has shown a complete disregard for the separation of church & state, and has shown that he wants the gov't to be for Christians.

CaféAuLait;9040723 said:

Wasn't that a rumor to include his resigning over it. Not only was he caught in bed by his wife but also in a YMCA doing the dirty deed dressed as a cop? Come on LOL.

Seriously, what are the odds Troy King gets caught with the prom King from Troy University in bed and in a YMCA while dressed in a cop uniform? LMAO. Its too damn good to be true. Many said it was the gov who started the rumor. It sounds like some wacky sitcom plot to tell the truth.

Yeah...he's a winner. I guess he forgot the close encounter of a gay kind he and I had in the late 80's in Evergreen, AL.

As someone who grew up in, and spent a large portion of my life living in, Alabama, I can assure you that the democrats are not much better. The 1986 governors race was a debacle for them and saw Guy Hunt elected. That was a joke.

But at least the dems gave us Bill Baxley, one of the most fearless politicians I have known.

But Roy Moore is a nightmare. I guess if you want a theocracy he is your man. He has shown a complete disregard for the separation of church & state, and has shown that he wants the gov't to be for Christians.

Say no more...Sue Bell (what is the bitch now...Supreme Justice?) is a horrible, horrible person.

hmmmm--I've lived in GA for more than half a century----well aware that what this poster stated was true prior to the 70's and perhaps beyond. Decades of change then followed---there are pockets of staunch conservatism throughout the state today--but I haven't heard a politician make statements like this in quite some time. Then again --since I don't share those beliefs--I may miss a lot.

I grew up in Atlanta and 'new people' seemingly changed some of established beliefs? The KKK was 'still around' in the 60's---Decatur--now transformed into an exemplary city --KKK was there---Stone Mountain--plenty available on Google about the carving and all that went on during that time in this area. Since I was in elementary school for most of this time--I actually have no idea of how the leadership of Atlanta addressed these issues. Some more progressive thinkers had to be in the mix. Economic growth was always a priority and it would not have been possible to rigidly adhere to old ideas.

The Southern Dems---that would have been the most outspoken group --now many vote for the GOP.

Jason Carter is running for governor. Grandson of Jimmy Carter. I think it has been over 20 years since GA has had a democratic governor.

fwiw

Let me guess, I am supposed to believe this just because some whackadoodle that has shit for brains reads said it, even though the whackadoodle didn't supply a quote, link, or a citation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back