🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama will win the west (and hence the NC) - this is why

You might recheck your info. The Univ of Alabama is competing at a high level in many areas in athletics.

Yeah - many areas - like tackling, blocking, running, passing, kicking, football coach statue carving, etc.

They are also ranked in the top 50 universities by US News & World Report. BTW, check the USA Today Academic All American lists.

Actually they are #77.

National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Enjoy the cush schedule this year, Gump. Not saying yall wouldn't go all the way with a harder schedule - but you gotta admit this year's schedule makes it a lot easier.

I will enjoy every minute of it. A few years ago we had half the SEC getting a week off before they played us. It all balances out in the long run.

Sorry but players aren't gonna get any faster just because they have a week off. You can't make excuses for your weak schedule. You can settle all doubts in your flimsy schedule by going undefeated. It also helps to solidify legitimacy to actually get into the conference championship game.

No, I'm saying a mediocre Big 12 team had a good year in the SEC. The SEC isn't as daunting as the media makes it to be...

That "mediocre" Big 12 team beat the Big 12 co-champions like a redheaded stepchild. Are you saying one of the two best teams in the Big 12 couldn't stay within 4 touchdowns of a "mediocre" team???

You can't base the strength a conf on one game. Oklahoma also got beat by BSU but I don't think the WAC is as strong as the Big 12.

But maybe maybe Manziel is good enough to turn a mediocre Big 12 team with a first year coach into a top SEC team.

You can if the rest of the schedule is crap.

Yeah - many areas - like tackling, blocking, running, passing, kicking, football coach statue carving, etc.

Actually they are #77.

National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Enjoy the cush schedule this year, Gump. Not saying yall wouldn't go all the way with a harder schedule - but you gotta admit this year's schedule makes it a lot easier.

I will enjoy every minute of it. A few years ago we had half the SEC getting a week off before they played us. It all balances out in the long run.

Sorry but players aren't gonna get any faster just because they have a week off. You can't make excuses for your weak schedule. You can settle all doubts in your flimsy schedule by going undefeated. It also helps to solidify legitimacy to actually get into the conference championship game.

No, they won't get faster. But they will heal some injuries, get rest and have more time to plan for a specific opponent. To claim that having 6 SEC teams enjoying a week off before they played Bama had no effect would simply be dishonest.

As far as solidifying our legitimacy, sometimes being in the conference championship works wonders. And then sometimes watching the only team with a higher ranking lose to an unranked opponent gets you in the big game. And then you earn your legitimacy by beating the #1 team like a redheaded stepchild. You know, by not letting them score at all, and not allowing them across the 50 yard line until late in the 4th quarter?

No, I'm saying a mediocre Big 12 team had a good year in the SEC. The SEC isn't as daunting as the media makes it to be...

That "mediocre" Big 12 team beat the Big 12 co-champions like a redheaded stepchild. Are you saying one of the two best teams in the Big 12 couldn't stay within 4 touchdowns of a "mediocre" team???

You can't base the strength a conf on one game. Oklahoma also got beat by BSU but I don't think the WAC is as strong as the Big 12.

But maybe maybe Manziel is good enough to turn a mediocre Big 12 team with a first year coach into a top SEC team.

You also can call a team who beat the Big 12 co-champs and the eventual BCS Champs a "mediocre Big 12 team". Texas A&M is much better since they hired a better coach.

No, they won't get faster. But they will heal some injuries, get rest and have more time to plan for a specific opponent. To claim that having 6 SEC teams enjoying a week off before they played Bama had no effect would simply be dishonest.

THIS year - the week before they play Bammer:

A&M plays Sam Houston
Ole Miss has a bye
Kentucky plays #6 South Carolina
Arkansas plays #6 South Carolina
Tennessee plays #6 South Carolina
LSU has a bye
State plays #7 A&M
Auburn has a bye

THIS year - the week before they play LSU:

Auburn plays Moo State
Georgia plays North Texas
Moo State has a BYE
Florida plays Arkansas
Ole Miss plays #7 A&M
Alabama has a BYE
A&M has a BYE
Arkansas plays Moo State

Sorry but this year LSU has just as many SEC teams playing them off of a BYE week as does Bammer. The difference is FOUR of bamma's SEC opponents will be softened by top 10 teams the week before - while that only happens ONCE for LSU.

You also can call a team who beat the Big 12 co-champs and the eventual BCS Champs a "mediocre Big 12 team". Texas A&M is much better since they hired a better coach.

A&M is no joke. You should know about that, eh gump?

Yep, they were our one loss in our most recent BCS Championship season. The previous BCS Championship season, our one loss was to LSU. I have never claimed either was less than a quality team.

Yep, they were our one loss in our most recent BCS Championship season. The previous BCS Championship season, our one loss was to LSU. I have never claimed either was less than a quality team.

Its going to be tough for you guys to lose to both LSU and A&M this year.

We will find out next week.

Its going to be tough for you guys to lose to both LSU and A&M this year.

I don't see us losing to A&M. The issues we have on offense showed against a solid VATech defense. A&M's defense allowed Rice to score 31 points.

LSU scares me simply because we play in Tuscaloosa. The home team loses more often in that rivalry.

Forum List

Back