alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

But it's Republicans who actually believe it and took it and ran with it.

"B...b....b...but the REPUBLICANS......!" :crybaby:

You Libs really ought to own up to your OWN mistakes and crap instead of always looking to blame others. Grayson is moronically 'doubling down' on the Hillary tactic....

"B...b....b...but the REPUBLICANS...."
Why? Rafael Cruz wasn't born in this country and his father is an admitted illegal alien. After all the lies and complaints about the president, why the sudden low standards?
Was Cruz born in this country?

Why the 'sudden' hypocrisy, 'birther'?

You Libs really ought to own up to your OWN mistakes and crap instead of always looking to blame others. Grayson is moronically 'doubling down' on the Hillary tactic....

Why? Rafael Cruz wasn't born in this country and his father is an admitted illegal alien. After all the lies and complaints about the president, why the sudden low standards?

Rafeal Cruz is a Political Refugee... he came to the US Legally... and remains in the US Legally.

i know, the birther thing again, doesn't seem to want to go away.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

if you google die quickly, you get this:

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...
alan colmes is just plain creepy.

Good for Grayson.

You're upset about the Obama birther sham, but you are more than willing to challenge the citizenship of a Republican senator. Lol.

Who's the kook now?

If Cruz was born in Canada he has the same problem former Michigan governor Jennifer granholm has. That's as far as she can go because she was born in Canada.

Sounds to me like Cruz ain't denying he's a wetback from the great white north aye?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

anyway republicans want sick people to die quickly. grayson is back. he is the dizzying hugo chavez of our American congress.

Alan Grayson Threatens Lawsuit on Citizenship Grounds if Ted Cruz Is the GOP Nominee - Breitbart

COLMES: Well, his mother was born here, so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with Obama, though it’s interesting to me that the people who had a problem with Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.

GRAYSON: I don’t know … the Constitution says natural-born Americans, so now we’re counting Canadians as natural born Americans? How does that work? I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.

COLMES: So you’re saying should he get the nomination, Alan Grayson will file a lawsuit against his candidacy.

GRAYSON: Absolutely! Call me crazy but I think the president of America should be an American.

COLMES: Now I wonder, does he qualify because of having an American mother can considered an American citizen and in fact he renounced his Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen, but you’re talking about American birth, but I believe if that’s one of you parents —

GRAYSON: Look, even the anchor babies are actually born here. He doesn’t even meet that qualification.

COLMES: Right. And although I don’t like the term anchor babies, it’s been embraced by people like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — not Ted Cruz — Marco Rubio who may in fact be one, as I understand.

GRAYSON: Oh, it’s shocking. In Cruz’s case, it is obvious what happened. The Canadians got pissed off at us for acid rain, so they gave us Ted Cruz.

grayson is not considered to be one of the high intellectuals of the DC congress...

Good for Grayson.

You're upset about the Obama birther sham, but you are more than willing to challenge the citizenship of a Republican senator. Lol.

Who's the kook now?

If Cruz was born in Canada he has the same problem former Michigan governor Jennifer granholm has. That's as far as she can go because she was born in Canada.

Sounds to me like Cruz ain't denying he's a wetback from the great white north aye?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

There's nothing about being a natural born citizen that has anything to do with where one was born.

Just stop the tardness. First, Obama's mother was a natural born US Citizen born in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. That can't be denied.
Hawaii became a state on August 21, 1959 and Dwight D. Eisenhower ordered the star to be added to the flag. Once a state, everyone born after that date in one of the states in the United States is automatically a citizen.
Obama was born August 4th, 1961. Almost exactly two years after Hawaii became a state. When it comes to citizenship, Federal laws supersede state laws no matter what someone might think they dug up.

Good for Grayson.

Who's the kook now?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

Rafael Cruz's father admits he's an illegal alien.

Good for Grayson.

Who's the kook now?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

Why are we vetting Cruz now for them. Let them nominate the nut then lets talk about this during the general elections.

The religious right like Cruz. They think he's a good man. Lol. And these people expect me to believe their priests are telling the truth when its obvious they're gullible and beind duped.

Just stop the tardness. First, Obama's mother was a natural born US Citizen born in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. That can't be denied.
Hawaii became a state on August 21, 1959 and Dwight D. Eisenhower ordered the star to be added to the flag. Once a state, everyone born after that date in one of the states in the United States is automatically a citizen.
Obama was born August 4th, 1961. Almost exactly two years after Hawaii became a state. When it comes to citizenship, Federal laws supersede state laws no matter what someone might think they dug up.

Not sure what any of that is supposed to be relevant to... . Perhaps you'd like to clear up the mystery?

Why are we getting Cruz now for them. Let them nominate the nut then lets talk about this during the general elections.

LOVE IT!

That should be a suitable issue to help you creatures come to understand that you're feelings are irrelevant.

So now that we have established Grayson is another Liberal 'birther' that no Liberal will condemn for being so, are 'we' still attacking Cruz because this fat idiot 'birther' is trying to get some free un-warranted publicity?

Was Cruz born in this country?

Why the 'sudden' hypocrisy, 'birther'?

I agree with you here, Where in the Hell are the Birthers at?

In 2012 Ted Cruz was all over Obama for not producing a birth certificate. Stating:

rg7DQKytiAWqEdUp41iZKXa_Ll0S7_xNhMKeGzmvrOB2Rx812AD7hmitmUBH-EmP7pBGdglmlFBT4NFqucgMIFsFsL3_EYHXZLGw27ZCqeiDoExldDGIkSi1LKctVmByID-TyTk

Of course Obama finally produced a real United States birth certificate from Hawaii to shut the birthers and Cruz & DONALD TRUMP up. But one would think that anyone that went after Obama on this would be able to produce one for themselves--LOL Apparently for Cruz, I guess he expected no one would ever ask for one--LOL

Why isn't Donald Trump going after Cruz on this right now?--LOL So we have Cruz flip-flopping on this issue, and now just his mother's birth certificate is sufficient, even though he REALLY wasn't born in the U.S. The hypocrisy is astounding. I am a conservative, and I am not going to let the far out right (Tea party aka establishment/rino groupies) get away with this one.

But one thing is 100% for certain. If Ted Cruz is the nominee of this party there is going to be one enormous CHICKEN coming home to roost.

stock-vector-cartoon-fat-chicken-vector-clip-art-illustration-with-simple-gradients-all-in-a-single-layer-145515949.jpg

Good for Grayson.

Who's the kook now?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

Sealy, Sealy, you disappoint me.

"Swartzanigger"?

Surely I hope this is you trying to guess the spelling instead of making a poor play on words. And surely, you should know he's white, and Austrian.

It's "Schwarzenegger."

And calling Cruz a "wetback" is very racist. His mother was a citizen born in Delaware. He is an American, born of an American, fully naturalized, and fully eligible to run for President of the United States.

So buzz off, you dishonest hack.

Last edited:
While Cruz did not meet the "birthright citizenship" clause of the 14th Amendment by being born in Canada, his mother was born in Delaware and under the McCarran-Walter Act of 1952, that made him a citizen:

Derived-Citizenship-for-Ted-Cruz-e1357749856368.jpg

Furthermore the Naturalization Act of 1799 said this:

"And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond Sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born Citizens: Provided, that the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States…"

Also, in 2011, the Congressional Research Office put together a report stating:

"The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term“natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents;by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.” Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen."

So Alan Greyson has no case. He makes the usual fool of himself as always. And any Liberal birthers here should look inwards before castigating anyone else about their US citizenship.

What law?

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/vol06_ch0321-0344/HRS0338/HRS_0338-0017_0008.HTM

Yeah, but where does it this law say that the birth certificate would indicate the child was born in Hawaii?

That's where your argument breaks. And you know it breaks....as you omit any mention of this question about the birth certificate indicating the child was born in Hawaii in any reply. You won't even quote me asking the question.

You always tell me where you know your argument is weakest by what you refuse, over and over, to address. Or even acknowledge exists.

Oh, and how any of that law 'fraudulent'?

where does it say it doesn't....it seems to me its up to bureaucrat discretion.

That above post by keys got an informative by me....yours never do.

be interesting to know when that law was passed and if it was during Obama pal Neil Abercrombe's governance.

If you find any post by Keys 'informative' then you are a lost cause.

Meanwhile- the Republican Director of Health- selected by the Republican Governor- confirmed that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii- and that he is a natural born citizen.

http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/files/2013/05/09-063.pdf

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
News Release
LINDA LINGLE
GOVERNOR
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CHIYOME LEINAALA FUKINO M.D.
DIRECTOR
Phone: (808) 586-4410
Fax: (808) 586-4444
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release: July 27, 2009 09-063
STATEMENT BY HEAL
TH DIRECTOR CHIYOME FUKINO, M.D.
“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai

i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State D
epartment of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citiz
en. I have nothing further to add to this statement
or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”
I notice all that verbiage didnt answer my question......nor does it say anything but that the director of health saw previous records

Actually what it says is two things
a) that the original records in Hawaii say that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and
b) that he is a natural born citizen.

Birthers refuse to accept those facts- but that is the official statement of the Director of Health of Hawaii- admissible in court.

While Cruz did not meet the "birthright citizenship" clause of the 14th Amendment by being born in Canada, his mother was born in Delaware and under the McCarran-Walter Act of 1952, that made him a citizen:

Derived-Citizenship-for-Ted-Cruz-e1357749856368.jpg

Furthermore the Naturalization Act of 1799 said this:

"And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond Sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born Citizens: Provided, that the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States…"

Also, in 2011, the Congressional Research Office put together a report stating:

"The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term“natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents;by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.” Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen."

So Alan Greyson has no case. He makes the usual fool of himself as always. And any Liberal birthers here should look inwards before castigating anyone else about their US citizenship.

All Birthers are idiots- including Grayson.

Just about the only 'liberal' Birther I have seen since 2008.

Meanwhile- Conservative Birthers like Stevie the racist are birthin about Cruz.

Good for Grayson.

Who's the kook now?

Or Arnold swartzanigger.

And if he is?

Cruz is still eligible- doesn't mean voters will vote for him- but eligible- yes.

Forum List

Back