Alaska Airlines new ‘Commitment Plane’ takes flight

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I've seen Disney characters painted on various aircraft and the now defunct airline PSA had smiles painted on each of their planes but this is truly a first.

I previously posted the Alaska Airline "Safety Dance" commercial which I really love. Looks like another reason to give them a second try.
1619503863000.png

April 26, 2021 at 7:10 pm PDTBy
Deborah Horne, KIRO 7 News

SEATTLE — With much fanfare, Alaska Airlines unveiled an aircraft painted to reflect the diversity of its workforce and the country.

It’s part of an ongoing relationship with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), which helps fund historically Black colleges and universities.

This was the brainchild of the African Americans who work for Alaska.

It turns out one-third of Alaska’s workforce is African American, Indigenous and other people of color, but they only make up 6% of senior managers.

So the company embarked on a listening tour to find out what its employees need to feel included.

Monday, it unveiled the result....

Sort of off topic, I started watching a movie last night, "Soul Plane." It was all right, till it started to get really, I don't know and I turned that shit off. I found it demeaning to blacks, and a bit racist to the white or Jewish community?

Sort of off topic, I started watching a movie last night, "Soul Plane." It was all right, till it started to get really, I don't know and I turned that shit off. I found it demeaning to blacks, and a bit racist to the white or Jewish community?
I always thought it was just the "black version" of the spoofs done on all those "Airplane" movies.

I was definitely chock full of stereotypes though, right down to having a “99₵ Only” store in the Terminal.

While ditching Alaskan Natives.

Way Kool
I don't think they're ditching their logo, this is just a specialty aircraft.

Only one?
The aircraft is flying to D.C. tomorrow for a ceremony or unveiling I heard them say on T.V. Maybe we can find out what they plan to do afterwards.

I find it particularly likable (and satisfying) after all the nasty comments here on the board about affirmative action pilots after United announced their plans on diversity hiring :)

Now here's a sad plane owned by someone in such a downward spiral that they can't afford to fly it anymore. Does have those neat wing thingies, though.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210319145726-01a-screengrab-trump-757.jpg

‘Commitment Plane’
That's a civil commitment, a.k.a. involuntary commitment.

So they're flying out to remote villages to round up and detain Alaska Natives and others for involuntary psychiatric hospitalization and cremation downtown Anchorage.

They're called "whirly-bird doctors" and some of them do fly out on helicopters. It's that whirly-bird motion with the fingers to indicate mental illness in sign language.

I've seen Disney characters painted on various aircraft and the now defunct airline PSA had smiles painted on each of their planes but this is truly a first.

I previously posted the Alaska Airline "Safety Dance" commercial which I really love. Looks like another reason to give them a second try.
View attachment 484415

SEATTLE — With much fanfare, Alaska Airlines unveiled an aircraft painted to reflect the diversity of its workforce and the country.

It’s part of an ongoing relationship with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), which helps fund historically Black colleges and universities.

It turns out one-third of Alaska’s workforce is African American, Indigenous and other people of color, but they only make up 6% of senior managers.

So the company embarked on a listening tour to find out what its employees need to feel included.

Oh brother if only EDUCATION could make stupid people intelligent.... (it can't intelligence is all genetic.)

Oh brother if only EDUCATION could make stupid people intelligent.... (it can't intelligence is all genetic.)
They revoke your rights and shit in a court of law, and you're fucking mental and shit in a court of law and shit for the rest of your life and shit. It goes on your permanent record and shit as a felony and shit on a background check.

View attachment 484415

Nice. Seems they are trying to assimilate blacks and browns into white W. Civilization culture.

Nice. Seems they are trying to assimilate blacks and browns into white W. Civilization culture.
And why does so-called “Western Civilization” always have to devolve into High California faggotry, mental illness, involuntary psychiatric hospitalization, heavy drugging and extreme torture?

Forum List

Back