Alaska Airlines new ‘Commitment Plane’ takes flight

And trump can't afford to do the maintenance to make his legal to fly.
You've got too much service of legal process in the auto body shop, there, as well in that part of town. You're car's "totaled" -- impounded, auctioned off and re-sold to the next consumer after a detail, wash and wax.

I've seen Disney characters painted on various aircraft and the now defunct airline PSA had smiles painted on each of their planes but this is truly a first.

I previously posted the Alaska Airline "Safety Dance" commercial which I really love. Looks like another reason to give them a second try.

View attachment 484415
April 26, 2021 at 7:10 pm PDTBy
Deborah Horne, KIRO 7 News

SEATTLE — With much fanfare, Alaska Airlines unveiled an aircraft painted to reflect the diversity of its workforce and the country.

It’s part of an ongoing relationship with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), which helps fund historically Black colleges and universities.

This was the brainchild of the African Americans who work for Alaska.

It turns out one-third of Alaska’s workforce is African American, Indigenous and other people of color, but they only make up 6% of senior managers.

So the company embarked on a listening tour to find out what its employees need to feel included.

Monday, it unveiled the result....
So they added hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds of paint to their aircraft, thus forcing them to burn more fuel and contribute more to global warming. There's a reason why most planes are silver.

I've seen Disney characters painted on various aircraft and the now defunct airline PSA had smiles painted on each of their planes but this is truly a first.

I previously posted the Alaska Airline "Safety Dance" commercial which I really love. Looks like another reason to give them a second try.

View attachment 484415

SEATTLE — With much fanfare, Alaska Airlines unveiled an aircraft painted to reflect the diversity of its workforce and the country.

It’s part of an ongoing relationship with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), which helps fund historically Black colleges and universities.

It turns out one-third of Alaska’s workforce is African American, Indigenous and other people of color, but they only make up 6% of senior managers.

So the company embarked on a listening tour to find out what its employees need to feel included.

Alaska Airlines is a good airline. It's based right here where I live. I fly Alaska Airlines when I fly. Their flights are great. It's a much better flight than most of the other airlines.

I'm not surprised that they are actually trying to do something about the problem of few black employees in senior management positions. I hope they do more than talk and listen. I hope they actually take action to correct such a lopsided senior management positions.

Alaska Airlines is a good airline. It's based right here where I live. I fly Alaska Airlines when I fly. Their flights are great. It's a much better flight than most of the other airlines

They're full of shit in a court of law with false 9/11 terrorism charges against any Republican passengers foolish enough to attempt to take a flight on a Democrat airline.
actually trying to do something about the problem of few black employees in senior management positions
It's worse than that. Much, much worse. Passengers who are Asian, Hispanic, Alaska Native, "LGBT," whites who aren't with the Klan, etc., still aren't allowed to fly.

Planes don't need better paint on the outside, they need better seats, better food, and better staff on the inside.

View attachment 484416
1621352237776.png

Planes don't need better paint on the outside, they need better seats, better food, and better staff on the inside.
Food and alcohol are excessive onboard an airplane especially for domestic flights.

I wouldn't say I'm prone to "airsickness" as such, but I'd really rather not be served by so much "staff" in such intimate quarters.

The paint is a consideration of engineering for laminar airflow and corrosion protection for the metal.

View attachment 484415

Looks like a military jet fir the army.

Looks like a military jet fir the army.
The military is confiscating all our money and property in Alaska and running us out of the state anyways if we aren't "established" locals in solidarity with the tourism industry that caters to military johns and gun control freaks.

Years ago, Alaska Airlines used to have a deal where, when you were checking, if they had first class seats available you could upgrade from coach for $50. If I wasn't bumped automatically I'd always take advantage of that...

Years ago, Alaska Airlines used to have a deal where, when you were checking, if they had first class seats available you could upgrade from coach for $50. If I wasn't bumped automatically I'd always take advantage of that...
Years ago they offered frequent flier miles, too, but now they press false 9/11 charges, confiscate baggage, and refuse to board passengers who have been shortlisted on the TSA terrorism watch or blackballed by the travel industries SEIU, AFL-CIO, CWA, and ITF.

The labor unions are violent, and they maintain a blacklist of targeted individuals who have been "served" and do not have access to redress in court of law because their rights are revoked by service of legal process.

‘Commitment Plane’
That's a civil commitment, a.k.a. involuntary commitment.

So they're flying out to remote villages to round up and detain Alaska Natives and others for involuntary psychiatric hospitalization and cremation downtown Anchorage.

They're called "whirly-bird doctors" and some of them do fly out on helicopters. It's that whirly-bird motion with the fingers to indicate mental illness in sign language.
Seek help.

New Topics

Forum List

Back