Alec Baldwin Will Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter in Rust Shooting

This was inevitable. His version of what happened seemed to keep morphing further and further away from the initial reports that he pointed the gun directky at people and pulled the trigger presumably as a joke.

It is always the fault of the person that pulled the trigger. That is basic firearm safety and can't be delegated. There may be other people at fault but that does not relieve you of your responsibility.

You made this argument before and you're always wrong.

That's why there is a safety person, that's why there is a armorer, because he is just an actor. He isn't qualified to say a gun is safe or not. And because he isn't qualified that's why there are multiple people there to ensure it is safe. They are paid to tell him "this is safe".

That's as dumb as if a car malfunctions on a movie set and someone dies and you saying "it's the drivers fault for not being a mechanic and personally inspecting the vehicle to make sure it was ok to drive". No, because again there are professionals there that are being paid to say it's safe and if it isn't it's their fault.

Your only correct in the sense of a individual on their own handling a firearm. But we're not talking about a individual on their own.

It will be appealed. He will finish with no conviction.
It was a movie set. There were people responsible for the props and he wasn't one of them.
Popularity is not a sound basis for legal judgements. Like him or not as an actor, all careers have some things in common. An incident at work does not make everyone involved guilty of wrong doing.
He was working, doing a job that no one commenting here would have been in place to do. Preparation for an actor is not what some posters appear to understand. He was not there to prepare the props.

It's official now

The movie’s prop armorer faces the same charges. The assistant director, responsible for on-set safety, pleads guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon.

:hyper:Baldwin is being charged only because he made fun of Trump on SNL. The deep deep state will always take revenge!!!!! :banghead::bang3:

Nope, I haven't lost my brain cells. Just trying to imitate what our beloved retards would say if Baldwin had been a right-wing-leaning actor.

Best thing I ever saw was my husband target practicing with our daughter. He handled her a firearm and she assumed it was unloaded (it was) she was careless and got an earful from her dad.

He was teaching her

Final responsibility falls on the shooter, everytime
They were there to shoot a movie, not to shoot firearms. He was not there to shoot a firearm, he was there to play a person whose actions were scripted, not voluntary.

:hyper:Baldwin is being charged only because he made fun of Trump on SNL. The deep deep state will always take revenge!!!!! :banghead::bang3:

Nope, I haven't lost my brain cells. Just trying to imitate what our beloved retards would say if Baldwin had been a right-wing-leaning actor.

Let us know when a right wing leaning actor makes such a collosal blunder

You made this argument before and you're always wrong.

That's why there is a safety person, that's why there is a armorer, because he is just an actor. He isn't qualified to say a gun is safe or not. And because he isn't qualified that's why there are multiple people there to ensure it is safe. They are paid to tell him "this is safe".

That's as dumb as if a car malfunctions on a movie set and someone dies and you saying "it's the drivers fault for not being a mechanic and personally inspecting the vehicle to make sure it was ok to drive". No, because again there are professionals there that are being paid to say it's safe and if it isn't it's their fault.

Your only correct in the sense of a individual on their own handling a firearm. But we're not talking about a individual on their own.
I am a firearms instructor and a range officer. I know something about firearm safety as I practice and teach it.

The four rules of firearm safety applies to everyone that touches a firearm and cannot be delegated.

Just because I tell you that a firearm is unloaded does not relieve you of the responsibility to check yourself. Even if you pay me to tell you that.

It will be appealed. He will finish with no conviction.
It was a movie set. There were people responsible for the props and he wasn't one of them.
Popularity is not a sound basis for legal judgements. Like him or not as an actor, all careers have some things in common. An incident at work does not make everyone involved guilty of wrong doing.
He was working, doing a job that no one commenting here would have been in place to do. Preparation for an actor is not what some posters appear to understand. He was not there to prepare the props.

So who is responsible when you pick up a gun, aim it at someone, and then pull the trigger if its not you?

Forum List

Back