Alec Baldwin Will Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter in Rust Shooting

Not will be. He is charged. It's the obvious charge so why did it take a year? One person has already pled guilty. Will Baldwin go to trial or will he take some sort of plea deal with minimum time in prison?

It's about time but what is mandatory prison sentence? Isn't that what all prison time is?

Because some who was responsible didn't do what was required, That ha nothing to do with an actor playing a role.
You are very confused about this.

If you handle a firearm you are the responsible party and that responsiblity cannot be delegated.

Say I am your firearms instructor. It is a paid job. I give you a firearm and tell you that it is not loaded. Then you point it at me and pull the trigger and I die.

It is not murder because you had no intent but it sure as hell is negligent. It is negligent because you did not check it yourself. You were negligent because you trusted somebody else to do what you were responsible to do.

Again, the four rules of firearm safety that you seem to have a hard time understanding:

4 Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
  • Always Keep Firearm Pointed in a Safe direction. Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot. ...
  • Treat All Guns as Though They are Loaded.
  • Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger until You are Ready to Shoot. ...
  • Always Be Sure of Your Target and What's Beyond It.

When you shot me you violated every one of those rules, even if it was acting.

You are very confused about this.

If you handle a firearm you are the responsible party and that responsiblity cannot be delegated.

Say I am your firearms instructor. It is a paid job. I give you a firearm and tell you that it is not loaded. Then you point it at me and pull the trigger and I die.

It is not murder because you had no intent but it sure as hell is negligent. It is negligent because you did not check it yourself. You were negligent because you trusted somebody else to do what you were responsible to do.

Again, the four rules of firearm safety that you seem to have a hard time understanding:

4 Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
  • Always Keep Firearm Pointed in a Safe direction. Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot. ...
  • Treat All Guns as Though They are Loaded.
  • Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger until You are Ready to Shoot. ...
  • Always Be Sure of Your Target and What's Beyond It.

When you shot me you violated every one of those rules, even if it was acting.

Bbbut it was make believe, acting.... until it got real

Forum List

Back