Aljazeera highly respected News gathering org??

that's according to Andrea Mitchell @mitchellreports

"The fact is that @aljazeera stands all around the world as a highly respected internati'l newsgathering org" #mitchellreports
6:49 PM - 31 Jan 13

HMMM... maybe Andrea and the others MEMEing "highly respected" might want to talk to this person..

Al-Jazeera has long been suspected of lacking objectivity in its reporting of the Middle East. Now one of its most prominent journalists and director of their Beirut office, Ghassan Bin Jeddo, has resigned because of this.

According to Lebanese newspaper, As-Safir, which first broke the story yesterday, Bin Jeddo resigned in protest against Al Jazeera’s coverage of the recent uprisings throughout the Arab world, saying:

Bin Jeddo says..?
Al Jazeera has abandoned professionalism and objectivity, turning from a media source into an operation room that incites and mobilizes."

The following is from
THE GEOPOLITICS OF THE NEWS:THE CASE OF THE AL JAZEERA NETWORK by Shawn Powers
A Dissertation Presented to theFACULTY OF THE USC GRADUATE SCHOOLUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAIn Partial Fulfillment of theRequirements for the DegreeDOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY(COMMUNICATION

"
This fear was certainly omnipresent in the George W. Bush administration,especially with regard to media coverage of casualties from the wars in Iraq andAfghanistan. Not only did the Department of Defense have a strict policy banning photographs of dead American soldiers (or their coffins), but also the uninhibited andgraphic coverage of the wars by Arab media outlets, Al-Jazeera in particular, has resultedin outrage among some American policy-makers. In one sense, the Bush administration’sfears of the images were justified.

A quantitative analysis examining media consumptionin the Middle East conducted by Nisbet, Nisbet, Scheufele, and Shanahan (2004) foundthat viewers of pan-Arab satellite television channels were more likely to hold anti-American views and to be against the war in Iraq. Mohammad Ayish (2002) also foundthat sensationalism and highlights of images of casualties and consequences were prominent among Al Jazeera’s coverage of American and Israeli military efforts in theMiddle East, offering one possible explanation for the correlation between consumptionof pan-Arab media and anti-Americanism in the Middle East..

The Geopolitics of the News: The Case of the Al Jazeera Network | Shawn Powers - Academia.edu

NOW for you simple folks that still cling to your cliched notion Al_Jazeera is an unbiased newsgathering like Andrea, Matt, et.all that used that MEME~~~
THEY ARE NOT UNBIASED! The spout as much venom against the USA/Israel as if they were Al-Queda themselves!!!

Andrea Mitchell is part of NBC News which has issues of reporting un-edited/un-filtered news.

Aljazeera performed a valuable service to mideast countries by challenging government control of the media.

The two party system we have to endure in the USA seems to make too many Americans think that every issue is two sided, and there is no third, fourth or tenth side of any issue.

Aljazeera performed a valuable service to mideast countries by challenging government control of the media.

The two party system we have to endure in the USA seems to make too many Americans think that every issue is two sided, and there is no third, fourth or tenth side of any issue.

When it comes to governing, nothing fosters more bickering, backstabbing and shady deals than Parliamentary multi-party systems.

When it comes to governing, nothing fosters more bickering, backstabbing and shady deals than Parliamentary multi-party systems.

It's ugly.

It's also the best political system on the planet right now.

Our 2 party system is really a joke; and there isn't a nickels difference between the 2 partys.

It's like being told, "your are going to have ice cream"

"You can pick either vanilla or chocolate"

"But no other flavors are allowed"

and a three or more party sytem would produce a government approved by a minority of the people

Our 2 party system is really a joke; and there isn't a nickels difference between the 2 partys.

It's like being told, "your are going to have ice cream"

"You can pick either vanilla or chocolate"

"But no other flavors are allowed"

Well there are..and there are other flavors allowed.

Unfortunately there are "rules" in place that don't make those other flavors viable.

Like Gerrymandering.

There you people go again!!!!

This thread is about the press, and the freedom of the press. Whether one likes the views espoused by a particular media outlet or not, when we have freedom of the press we need ALL views represented.

Where you idiots pull in parlimentary governments over a statement over freedom of the press is beyond me.

I blame our failing schools

now do try to stay on topic

This thread is about the press, and the freedom of the press. Whether one likes the views espoused by a particular media outlet or not, when we have freedom of the press we need ALL views represented.

Where you idiots pull in parlimentary governments over a statement over freedom of the press is beyond me.

:lol:

Amazing isn't it?

But there isn't much of a discussion the OP can engage in that isn't hyperbole.

He has no first hand experience of the topic matter.

Neither..it seems do other detractors of Al Jazeera.

:lol:

Amazing isn't it?

But there isn't much of a discussion the OP can engage in that isn't hyperbole.

He has no first hand experience of the topic matter.

Neither..it seems do other detractors of Al Jazeera.

Well, I am not a big supporter of aljazeera, or any other "news" org. I am simply a believer in freedom of the press and pointing out nothing in this world is as black or white as the victims of the current two party system in the USA would like them to be.

I'll take Al Jazeera over Fox any day.

of course you would......liberals are anti-American after all....and now you are all about 'respecting' Aljajeera news....:cuckoo:

Former VP Al Gore is just the latest disgusting example.....not only a hypocrit for selling out to Oil but also selling out to a known anti-American, anti-Semitic-biased news (albeit soft-peddling compared to its Arab division) company....:eusa_hand:

haven't you ever heard of stealth jihad....?

Last edited:

of course you would......liberals are anti-American after all....and now you are all about 'respecting' Aljajeera news....:cuckoo:

Former VP Al Gore is just the latest disgusting example.....not only a hypocrit for selling out to Oil but also selling out to a known anti-American, anti-Semitic-biased news (albeit soft-peddling compared to its Arab division) company....:eusa_hand:

FOX is owned by an Aussie and a Saudi.

Let me know how "Pro-American" that is..ace.

FOX is owned by an Aussie and a Saudi.

Let me know how "Pro-American" that is..ace.

it's not pro-American.....i know that FOX has been influenced by the rich Saudi prince who is the largest shareholder (7%) of News Corp (parent company of FOX)....think how much MORE will be influenced in the Aljazeera network...

fyi ABC is also partly owned by the same Saudi prince....as well as Citicorp, Apple, Four Seasons hotels, etc. and the guy donates alot of money to Islamic-related projects in America...stealth jihad is alive and well.....

Forum List

Back