All 19 women failed Army Ranger School in first phase

There are a couple of lesbians who post here that may have a shot at passing :)

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance. Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders. Most lumberjacks for example use chainsaws. Not axes.

Special forces training would be one of those exceptions. Its so brutal that almost no men can pass. I think its highly unlikely a woman could. There are realms where pure physicality matters. This appears to be one of them.
Just check the average woman in a uniform, in a parade. Stark reality.

In most instances, its irrelevant. A bullet fired from a rifle doesn't give a shit about the chromosomes of the person who pulled the trigger. Same with a tank shell, drone missile, destroyer gun, or fighter's bomb.

Yeah but special forces is a whole new ball game. When they go on ops they NEED to be able to depend on each team member

I agree completely. Special Forces aren't 'most instances'. I think there are plenty of combat roles women would excel in. Most in fact. Special Forces isn't one of them.

The eight women who remained in the first gender-integrated class of Army Ranger training will not move onto the next round of training, Fort Benning announced on Friday.

That means all 19 women who began the training in April have washed out in the first phase.

The eight women, together with 101 men who washed out of the Darby phase, will retry the first part of the Army’s most elite training course beginning May 14, the release said.

“I had the opportunity to visit the Ranger students yesterday and was impressed that whether going forward to the mountains or recycling the Darby phase they were motivated to continue training and focused on successfully completing the Ranger Course,” said Maj. Gen. Scott Miller, commanding general of the Maneuver Center of Excellence. “They’re a strong group of soldiers, who are working their way through the U.S. Army’s most physically and mentally demanding course.”

Thirty-five male soldiers failed to meet the standards of Ranger school and will not attempt the course again, the release said.

Read more: Women wash out of Army Ranger School - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Get ready for someone to cry anti-woman for the level of physical tests being "unfair."

You can just hear the left, can't you.....

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

gi-jane-picture-insert.jpg

Hilarious. Demi Moore.....portrayed as a woman every bit as tough as NAVY SEALS.

Fucking liberals folks. Fucking liberals.

Thank heavens. The thought of female Army Rangers kept me awake!

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance. Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders. Most lumberjacks for example use chainsaws. Not axes.

Your gender equality argument is a little out of date. How many female lumberjacks do you know? Do you ever notice who holds the stop signs on road crews? Even female police officers are less likely to be sent out on solo patrols. This is why your argument has been replaced with "equal pay for equal work" canard. Sitting at a cozy desk is not the same as working a North Sea oil platform.

The eight women who remained in the first gender-integrated class of Army Ranger training will not move onto the next round of training, Fort Benning announced on Friday.

That means all 19 women who began the training in April have washed out in the first phase.

The eight women, together with 101 men who washed out of the Darby phase, will retry the first part of the Army’s most elite training course beginning May 14, the release said.

“I had the opportunity to visit the Ranger students yesterday and was impressed that whether going forward to the mountains or recycling the Darby phase they were motivated to continue training and focused on successfully completing the Ranger Course,” said Maj. Gen. Scott Miller, commanding general of the Maneuver Center of Excellence. “They’re a strong group of soldiers, who are working their way through the U.S. Army’s most physically and mentally demanding course.”

Thirty-five male soldiers failed to meet the standards of Ranger school and will not attempt the course again, the release said.

Get ready for someone to cry anti-woman for the level of physical tests being "unfair."

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

Hilarious. Demi Moore.....portrayed as a woman every bit as tough as NAVY SEALS.

You know that was a movie, right? Of do we have to explain what fiction means to you?

Special forces training would be one of those exceptions. Its so brutal that almost no men can pass. I think its highly unlikely a woman could. There are realms where pure physicality matters. This appears to be one of them.

In most instances, its irrelevant. A bullet fired from a rifle doesn't give a shit about the chromosomes of the person who pulled the trigger. Same with a tank shell, drone missile, destroyer gun, or fighter's bomb.

Yeah but special forces is a whole new ball game. When they go on ops they NEED to be able to depend on each team member
What do YOU know about people depending on you?

Your gender equality argument is a little out of date. How many female lumberjacks do you know? Do you ever notice who holds the stop signs on road crews? Even female police officers are less likely to be sent out on solo patrols. This is why your argument has been replaced with "equal pay for equal work" canard. Sitting at a cozy desk is not the same as working a North Sea oil platform.

There's nothing physical that prevents a female lumberjack from working. And in virtually every job we have, the same is true. Women can work construction, they can be firemen, they can be police, they can be soldiers. The jobs either don't push one to the limits of physical endurance or rely on machines that do the work for you.

Can *every* woman do these job? Nope. Just like every man can't. But in almost every job there will be some women with the will and physique to thrive in these jobs.

Almost every.

There are some rare jobs at the limits of human capacity where the differences in physiology actually matter. Special forces training appears to be one such. Almost no men can pass the training, its that physically grueling. I find it unlikely a woman could. At the fringe of physical capacity, in elite athletics or certain military training regimes for example, the physiological differences between men and women make the difference.

Its highly unlikely that a woman is going to break Usain Bolt's 100m record any time soon.

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

You know that was a movie, right? Of do we have to explain what fiction means to you?

Err, that was obviously his point.

LIb fantasy/fiction running right into reality and being destroyed in the process.

It was a fantasy that women could be army rangers. Based on the lib fiction that men and women are the same.

I wonder if anyone can figure out a scenario where having female Rangers and in other special ops units might be advantageous?

Only if they can pass Ranger School...there are other programs they would be great at....but Those elite schools are tough even on most men.....

If you want a glimpse of what they do in Ranger School check out the documentary series Making the Cut, on Netflix...they take you through Ranger School.....as well as Scout Divers, Para Rescue and Special Forces Selection training.....it will show why these courses are so tough.....

I wonder if anyone can figure out a scenario where having female Rangers and in other special ops units might be advantageous?

Only if they can pass Ranger School...there are other programs they would be great at....but Those elite schools are tough even on most men.....

If you want a glimpse of what they do in Ranger School check out the documentary series Making the Cut, on Netflix...they take you through Ranger School.....as well as Scout Divers, Para Rescue and Special Forces Selection training.....it will show why these courses are so tough.....

I know a guy who is ex USAF para rescue. I wouldn't ever mess with him and if I needed someone at my back I'd choose him

You have no clue what you are talking about....

The big difference...getting the rifle to the location when it needs the trigger pulled....

I saw an episode of Cops....two female officers trying to handcuff a guy who just wouldn't cooperate....the bouncers at the bar had to help them cuff the guy......

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

Tests designed by men, for men, which many men can't pass, are difficult for women to pass? Shocking. And at 11, dog bites man, we know, impossible to believe...

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

Err, that was obviously his point.

LIb fantasy/fiction running right into reality and being destroyed in the process.

It was a fantasy that women could be army rangers. Based on the lib fiction that men and women are the same.
But it's good to let them try. If they don't cut it, they don't make it.........just like in this cas.

So.....is anyone now arguing that from now on they don't even get the chance to make it? Is that the complaint?

I agree completely. Special Forces aren't 'most instances'. I think there are plenty of combat roles women would excel in. Most in fact. Special Forces isn't one of them.
The SF hero bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Forum List

Back