All of this Federal Park closing is a partisan scam on the American people.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
I heard on the radio yesterday about a small Federal Park in Montana that is basically a walking trail to a stream where people like to fish.

Although there is a small Park Service building next to the parking lot.

No one could ever remember seeing it occupied by a Forrest Ranger.

For years people just drove there, parked their car, and went fishing.

So fishermen were shocked when they found the entrance blocked with large concrete barriers and a sign saying "CLOSED"

:evil:

OK, so I HAVE to drive over and see if the Trace up through LBL is closed.

I just wonder how many other public parks and recreation areas are closed for No legitimate reason except to stir up public opinion against the Republicans? .. :doubt:

OK, did a little driving. The nearest public boat dock to here is not barricaded. But there is no gate keeper or anything. The Trace is still open. Next weekend I'm going to drive over to Barkley Lodge to have Hot Brown. And to do a little picture taking. That is a state park, so should not be affected. They may not be allowed to let people use the dock, but I don't see how the feds can stop it because the 'license' the areas those private docks are on to the people who own the property. Today, I had some cheddar peppers from Sonic while I was in Dover. And I got a few cloudscapes over the lake. Here is one from inside the car:

They used to keep the side of the road mowed, but not since we've had Obama. I guess he just wants us ALL to be as ghetto as he is.

And here is a firstling of our trees turning:

As much rain as we have had this summer, I expect a brilliant autumn. Of course, Obama will make it hard for us to see a lot of it around the lake since KY Lake is a TVA lake. But hillbillies do not get done out of their hunting and fishing as easily as he thinks.

Last edited:
I just wonder how many other public parks and recreation areas are closed for No legitimate reason except to stir up public opinion against the Republicans? .. :doubt:

Why is it that Republicans seem to think that government services are free and require no funding?

OK, did a little driving. The nearest public boat dock to here is not barricaded. But there is no gate keeper or anything. The Trace is still open. Next weekend I'm going to drive over to Barkley Lodge to have Hot Brown. And to do a little picture taking. That is a state park, so should not be affected. They may not be allowed to let people use the dock, but I don't see how the feds can stop it because the 'license' the areas those private docks are on to the people who own the property. Today, I had some cheddar peppers from Sonic while I was in Dover. And I got a few cloudscapes over the lake. Here is one from inside the car:

They used to keep the side of the road mowed, but not since we've had Obama. I guess he just wants us ALL to be as ghetto as he is.

As much rain as we have had this summer, I expect a brilliant autumn. Of course, Obama will make it hard for us to see a lot of it around the lake since KY Lake is a TVA lake. But hillbillies do not get done out of their hunting and fishing as easily as he thinks.

Our state parks closed early this year because of a lack of revenue, and we have a Republican governor. I suppose I should probably blame him for it, eh?

Our state parks closed early this year because of a lack of revenue, and we have a Republican governor. I suppose I should probably blame him for it, eh?

Kentucky Lake is a TVA lake, a river dammed up to make a lake. It is a commercial river with many businesses depending on the movement of the many ships and barges that pass by here.

It's also this tyrant government we NOW HAVE ways of making it hurt and HURT GOOD on the American people...They are saying, you don't want to give us money for our new Fascist program, Unaffordable no care scam, then TAKE THIS

the people can do something about it, like SPEAK UP, call your Representatives and give them holy hell, or sit back and let them run over you

It's also this tyrant government we NOW HAVE ways of making it hurt and HURT GOOD on the American people...They are saying, you don't want to give us money for our new Fascist program, Unaffordable no care scam, then TAKE THIS

the people can do something about it, like SPEAK UP, call your Representatives and give them holy hell, or sit back and let them run over you

You DO understand that "the American people" actually blame the Congress for this, right? The Tea Party has always made it quite clear they would be delighted with a government shutdown. The Tea Party is comprised of a bunch of doomers.

For a liberal to use the word "free" in any part of their identity is laughable. Or it would be were it not quite so pathetically stupid.

I want to know how if a park is closed are they going to stop me from hiking in.

IMO this is the best time to put on a pack and get out into the wilderness. As One who has hiked literally thousands of miles I can say that a national park or forest without traffic and driver seat gawkers who do nothing but take pictures from their vehicles is as close to paradise as you can get.

Last edited:
I want to know how if a park is closed are they going to stop me from hiking in.

IMO this is the best time to put on a pack and get out into the wilderness. As One who has hiked literally thousands of miles I can say that a national park or forest without traffic and driver seat gawkers who do nothing but take pictures from their vehicles is as close to paradise as you can get.

I agree. Many of our state parks are closed because of budget shortfalls--I guess people just aren't used to federal parks closing for the same reasons.

Why is it that Republicans seem to think that government services are free and require no funding?

When they were taught about the glorious free market and taxation being evil, they weren't told the downside to a paradise run by their good buddies the republicans.

If Obama mowed the side of the road you'd complain that he was wasting taxpayer money mowing the side of the road. And I'm sure he's really worried about people hunting and fishing.

Forum List

Back