🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

All you ever wanted to know about the hijab

it is not a requirement of Islam and not ordered in the quran for all women
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinnah." [Noble Quran 24:31]​

Cover their naked breast in avoiding improper sexual acts.
It does not mean they must hid from head to toe under a burka
Are you saying that all groups who believe muslim women should wear the hijab is misinterpreting that verse?

Stop going by verse and put the chapter in context
Private parts and naked breasts
Does not mean hid from the world behind a black shroud

We don't walk around naked outside our homes. It does not mean we have to live under a tent or see the world through a piece if mesh.
What some people do not understand, muslims included, is that islam has this concept for global presence, an attack on one muslim is an attack on all muslims. Christianity is much more of a one-to-one connection with God. There is not a believer-interconnectedness-force as there is in islam. This would be all well and good, you consider yourself a nice, moderate muslim, good citizen, loves kittens, fun to be around at parties, but the issue is that this islam energy you are part of has a center of gravity. The person at the center would be know as a purist, what some would call a fundamentalist or an extremist. So your connection to the islam energy might not seem much to you and inconsequential the energy you feed into the system gets channeled to the center of gravity, to the extremist.

Just think about it this way. If you wanted to become a more devote muslim how would your life change? And if you became more and more devote where would you end up? There are no two ways about it, as nice and wonderful a person as you might be in general islam is a dark energy that feeds off its followers. People who think higher powers do not exist and people who believe that their religion has the only higher power are both wrong. There is only one God but that does not mean islam does not have a source of divine like power.

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinnah." [Noble Quran 24:31]​

Are you saying that all groups who believe muslim women should wear the hijab is misinterpreting that verse?

We don't walk around naked outside our homes. It does not mean we have to live under a tent or see the world through a piece if mesh.
What some people do not understand, muslims included, is that islam has this concept for global presence, an attack on one muslim is an attack on all muslims. Christianity is much more of a one-to-one connection with God. There is not a believer-interconnectedness-force as there is in islam. This would be all well and good, you consider yourself a nice, moderate muslim, good citizen, loves kittens, fun to be around at parties, but the issue is that this islam energy you are part of has a center of gravity. The person at the center would be know as a purist, what some would call a fundamentalist or an extremist. So your connection to the islam energy might not seem much to you and inconsequential the energy you feed into the system gets channeled to the center of gravity, to the extremist.

Just think about it this way. If you wanted to become a more devote muslim how would your life change? And if you became more and more devote where would you end up? There are no two ways about it, as nice and wonderful a person as you might be in general islam is a dark energy that feeds off its followers. People who think higher powers do not exist and people who believe that their religion has the only higher power are both wrong. There is only one God but that does not mean islam does not have a source of divine like power.

what of the papal sanctioned conquests by spain and portugal of south american, other european conquest of the rest of the world?

Things have changed today but there used to be a forced and stationary mandate to convert and conquest everyone else.

what of the papal sanctioned conquests by spain and portugal of south american, other european conquest of the rest of the world?

Things have changed today but there used to be a forced and stationary mandate to convert and conquest everyone else.
Now that you mention it there has been some claim of a connection between the Catholic Church and Islam. That is a very valid piece of evidence you present.

I also wanted point out that while you are not an extremist muslim in some ways you are more valuable to the cause. You are the one people point to and say, "I know a muslim who..." You are the buffer zone, the first wave as it were.

Now that you mention it there has been some claim of a connection between the Catholic Church and Islam. That is a very valid piece of evidence you present.

I also wanted point out that while you are not an extremist muslim in some ways you are more valuable to the cause. You are the one people point to and say, "I know a muslim who..." You are the buffer zone, the first wave as it were.

You are joking? You really do not understand who or what I am. How sad

How very said. Before I break out in tears please tell me who and what you are.

Funny, thought that was 1 Timothy there for a sec...

I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes
1 Timothy 2:9

I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes
New Testament, I'm strictly OT.

Islam ripped off the Bible, not just the OT half of them. That they took the Timothy thing and rephrased it shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

What's more interesting I think is that neither Christianity nor Islam took the Jewish female prophets thing. Judaism acknowledges 7 female prophets, and goes so far as to say women are superior to men in terms of prophecy. Yet in both Christianity and Islam, women are 2nd class members of the faith.

Islam ripped off the Bible, not just the OT half of them. That they took the Timothy thing and rephrased it shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

What's more interesting I think is that neither Christianity nor Islam took the Jewish female prophets thing. Judaism acknowledges 7 female prophets, and goes so far as to say women are superior to men in terms of prophecy. Yet in both Christianity and Islam, women are 2nd class members of the faith.
My apologies for not going back and finding the exact verse. In the Peshitta, according to the translation I have, when the LORD gave the instructions to build the original tabernacle there was a place specifically set aside for woman who had visions.

My apologies for not going back and finding the exact verse. In the Peshitta, according to the translation I have, when the LORD gave the instructions to build the original tabernacle there was a place specifically set aside for woman who had visions.

" 664. Prof. Margoliouth has worked out the demonstration, but it will require very close attention for the student to appreciate its full value. Rather than hazard an attempt to represent him, we will quote his proof: “The whole of the modern theory of the Pentateuch is liable to be wrecked on a verse of 1 Samuel (2:22), where it is stated that the sons of Eli misused the women who assembled (A. V.) at the door of the Tabernacle of the congregation that clause is omitted by the Septuagint translator…”
NO WORD OF GOD IS VOID OF POWER concluded

That?

Might be more this one though reading further,

669. “In Exod. 38:8 . . . the same objection is felt [an objection to admitting that women had a share in the Tabernacle ritual service]. The Aramaic [Peshitta and Targum] translators make them women who prayed, the Septuagint, women who fasted. Thus it is evident that by the time when the Septuagint translation of the Pentateuch was made, the idea of women ministering at the door of the Tabernacle had become so odious that it was wilfully mistranslated. What chance is there, then that anyone would have wilfully added an allusion to them after that date?”

(sarcasm)
I just thought of something

Since women are such insatiable lustful creatures, is it not a good thing they can not forcefully rape us men?

Oh yes--we can walk around in our wife beater T's and professional wrestler short shorts and show off our pecks and the women can do nothing but look and fantasize!!

No wonder women are so crazy--we've men have excited their fertile sexual appetites just by sweating!! Just by looking at them! Just by saying hi--and We don't need make up!!

Poor insatiable lustful women, If we men only knew what you go through, we wouldn't flex our biceps so much.:D

" 664. Prof. Margoliouth has worked out the demonstration, but it will require very close attention for the student to appreciate its full value. Rather than hazard an attempt to represent him, we will quote his proof: “The whole of the modern theory of the Pentateuch is liable to be wrecked on a verse of 1 Samuel (2:22), where it is stated that the sons of Eli misused the women who assembled (A. V.) at the door of the Tabernacle of the congregation that clause is omitted by the Septuagint translator…”

That?
Arg. Trying to find something in an interlinear Aramaic translation is difficult because it is Aramaic and English mixed together and right to left. Got it though:

King James Bible
Exodus 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Aramaic, translation by Glenn David Bauscher
and he made the basin of brass and base its of brass in house of visions of women who come to pray in the door of the Tabernacle Time

For more Biblical translations of Exodus 38:8: Exodus 38 8 They made the bronze basin and its bronze stand from the mirrors of the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting.

That?
Arg. Trying to find something in an interlinear Aramaic translation is difficult because it is Aramaic and English mixed together and right to left. Got it though:

King James Bible
Exodus 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

and he made the basin of brass and base its of brass in house of visions of women who come to pray in the door of the Tabernacle Time

For more Biblical translations of Exodus 38:8: Exodus 38 8 They made the bronze basin and its bronze stand from the mirrors of the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting.

Without having the originals on hand, or being able to read them if ya did, it's amazing how much can change changing one word. Why I've always emphasized the improtance of understanding the Bible version being used a sa book, not the contents, but how the words themselves came about. Obviously the original isn't in English, so understanding who translated, why, when, under what circumstances all plays a part in answering whether a given version is reliable or not.

Some are more reliable than others, but ultimately none is 'official or authoratative' unless the actual original.

How very said. Before I break out in tears please tell me who and what you are.
I will assume that I can go ahead and believe you are exactly who you are and what you are, or at least you are the person you post as.

That?

King James Bible

Peshitta Aramaic English Interlinear New Testament

Forum List

Back