Alleged Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club, Her Husband Responds With a Gun

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Its at times like these, with people wanting to ban guns left and right, that examples like this be shown about. It tells you why the 2nd Amendment was written.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – One man is dead and a husband and wife are in the hospital after an attack at their Bethel Park business.

Police say Sylvia and Alfred Armen, who own Armen’s House of Music on Library Road, were assaulted by a man who entered their store with a club, prompting Alfred Armen to shoot him.

Man Killed During Assault On Business Owners « CBS Pittsburgh

Its at times like these, with people wanting to ban guns left and right, that examples like this be shown about. It tells you why the 2nd Amendment was written.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – One man is dead and a husband and wife are in the hospital after an attack at their Bethel Park business.

Police say Sylvia and Alfred Armen, who own Armen’s House of Music on Library Road, were assaulted by a man who entered their store with a club, prompting Alfred Armen to shoot him.

ahoy Templar Kormac,

i find stories 'o folks defendin' themselves with firearms heartenin', me bucko.

then again, i find stories 'o folks havin' thar lives cut short sorta disheartenin'....hmmmf.

Two teen boys in this coastal city were charged with murder Friday, accused in the fatal shooting of a 13-month-old boy who was in a stroller being pushed by his mother.
Aided by a description and a check of school attendance records to determine who was not in classes Thursday, officers searched for the young suspects and took them into custody, police said.

The mother told reporters the shooting occurred when one youth demanded money.
Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

so ye have good stories, on one hand...and not-so-good stories on the other.

the important thing be to cleave to the narrative that best suits yer worldview, i guess.

aye?

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

Hooray for legal handguns! Kudos to the couple!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Had they not been armed, they'd likely be dead and the perp on the loose.

better get that guy a background check!!!!!!!! of course the intruder didnt have one!

Because the OP is lying about banning guns left and right.

Right, so Dianne Fienstein doesn't count huh?

Dianne Feinstein? Hell, we can't even get universal background checks passed - so how can anyone in Congress ban guns?

All Obama has to do is sign an executive order, just like he does with a lot of other stuff.

And while you're here. Any more irrelevant posts will be reported to the moderators. You have purposefully hijacked this thread and is a violation of "Zone 2" rules:

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking threads.

Am I clear?

Last edited:

ahoy Asaratis,

indeed, cheers fer the couple. every member 'o this forum be happy to hear they escaped harm and were able to use thar handgun to defend themselves.

its just that ye have to balance that happy story against unhappy stories, like this one;

MIAMI – A 4-year-old girl was fatally shot while she sat in a car outside her grandfather's Miami home, and now detectives are trying to determine if another child who was in the vehicle pulled the trigger, police said Sunday.
Read more: Police: Girl, 4, shot dead sitting in car in Miami; officers probe if another child fired gun | Fox News

so ye have yer good gun stories, and yer not-so-good gun stories.

if yer fer looser gun control laws, then ye probably enjoy the former. if yer fer things like Manchin/Toomey, then ye probably enjoy the latter. the important thing? stay focused on the incidents that dovetail the best with yer own perspective.

*salutes*

- MeadHallPirate

ahoy Asaratis,

indeed, cheers fer the couple. every member 'o this forum be happy to hear they escaped harm and were able to use thar handgun to defend themselves.

its just that ye have to balance that happy story against unhappy stories, like this one;

MIAMI – A 4-year-old girl was fatally shot while she sat in a car outside her grandfather's Miami home, and now detectives are trying to determine if another child who was in the vehicle pulled the trigger, police said Sunday.
Read more: Police: Girl, 4, shot dead sitting in car in Miami; officers probe if another child fired gun | Fox News

so ye have yer good gun stories, and yer not-so-good gun stories.

if yer fer looser gun control laws, then ye probably enjoy the former. if yer fer things like Manchin/Toomey, then ye probably enjoy the latter. the important thing? stay focused on the incidents that dovetail the best with yer own perspective.

*salutes*

- MeadHallPirate

True, but how he got the gun is just as important.....Bloods and crips dont go to Walmart for weapons.

True, but how he got the gun is just as important.....Bloods and crips dont go to Walmart for weapons.

ahoy Buckeye45,

'course thats true enough, matey. i figure gun control (or lack thereof) be a different topic.

as far as i could see, the general cut 'o the OP's jib was that legal gun ownership can save someone's life - and the police generally aren't on hand the moment mortal peril comes 'a callin'...so god bless the 2nd amendment.

...and i can get behind that sentiment.

i just was thinkin' that fer every heartwarmin' story involvin' an american protectin' themselves with firearms, thar also be stories that have less happy endings.

*bows*

- MeadhallPirate

ahoy Buckeye45,

'course thats true enough, matey. i figure gun control (or lack thereof) be a different topic.

as far as i could see, the general cut 'o the OP's jib was that legal gun ownership can save someone's life - and the police generally aren't on hand the moment mortal peril comes 'a callin'...so god bless the 2nd amendment.

...and i can get behind that sentiment.

i just was thinkin' that fer every heartwarmin' story involvin' an american protectin' themselves with firearms, thar also be stories that have less happy endings.

*bows*

- MeadhallPirate

That's true....guns are dangerous and in the wrong hands....very very bad

Forum List

Back