Alleged Intruder Attacks Elderly Woman With a Club, Her Husband Responds With a Gun

Hooray for legal handguns! Kudos to the couple!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Had they not been armed, they'd likely be dead and the perp on the loose.

ahoy Asaratis,

indeed, cheers fer the couple. every member 'o this forum be happy to hear they escaped harm and were able to use thar handgun to defend themselves.

its just that ye have to balance that happy story against unhappy stories, like this one;

MIAMI – A 4-year-old girl was fatally shot while she sat in a car outside her grandfather's Miami home, and now detectives are trying to determine if another child who was in the vehicle pulled the trigger, police said Sunday.
Read more: Police: Girl, 4, shot dead sitting in car in Miami; officers probe if another child fired gun | Fox News

so ye have yer good gun stories, and yer not-so-good gun stories.

if yer fer looser gun control laws, then ye probably enjoy the former. if yer fer things like Manchin/Toomey, then ye probably enjoy the latter. the important thing? stay focused on the incidents that dovetail the best with yer own perspective.

*salutes*

- MeadHallPirate

True, but how he got the gun is just as important.....Bloods and crips dont go to Walmart for weapons.

Liberals don't seem to understand that part.

I am sure beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard of proof in our system.

If we eliminate all background checks, including identification, proof of age, then will you be satisfied?

Being as the Standard is innocent until proven guilty, I would agree with that. Let the criminal get caught with the weapon then punish them. Don't make me prove I'm not a criminal before I can get a new weapon.

That's not the standard. I can't get money out of a bank before I prove I have money in the bank,

can I? Are my rights being violated if the bank requires proof?

You are claiming that they owe you something... Money that you put into their institution. Of course you need to show that it is in there.

Buying a gun is not the same thing. Do you have to prove anything to buy a bag of chips?

To buy a car you don't even have to prove you have insurance on it if you are paying cash for it.

Being as the Standard is innocent until proven guilty, I would agree with that. Let the criminal get caught with the weapon then punish them. Don't make me prove I'm not a criminal before I can get a new weapon.

That's not the standard. I can't get money out of a bank before I prove I have money in the bank,

You are claiming that they owe you something... Money that you put into their institution. Of course you need to show that it is in there.

Buying a gun is not the same thing. Do you have to prove anything to buy a bag of chips?

To buy a car you don't even have to prove you have insurance on it if you are paying cash for it.

When you go to buy a gun you're claiming that you're eligible. There are legal, constitutional eligibility restrictions on purchasing guns. Background checks are a lawful enforcement tool for those restrictions.

Do you have to show proof of age to buy alcohol? To get a driver's license? You have to prove you have insurance in NYS to register a car.

What are the legal restrictions on buying a bag of chips?

There are several on buying a gun.

When you go to buy a gun you're claiming that you're eligible. There are legal, constitutional eligibility restrictions on purchasing guns. Background checks are a lawful enforcement tool for those restrictions.

Do you have to show proof of age to buy alcohol? To get a driver's license? You have to prove you have insurance in NYS to register a car.

So what you are saying is that Gun Owners have made reasonable compromises in the past and agreed to have background checks done prior to purchases in spite of the "Shall not be infringed" ( Could you imagine the reading of that amendment if it said "The right of the people to have an abortion shall not be infringed"??) ..... Am I understanding you correctly?

And that since then, gun owners have made other reasonable compromises such as requiring a special license to own an automatic weapon, a special license to sell firearms, a special license to carry a firearm, etc... Would you agree to that?

What have we gun owners gotten back in return for those "Compromises" we have made ?.. Remember the "Shall not be infringed" is the starting point, not the current situation.

And BTW, you don't have to register a vehicle unless you plan on driving it on public roads.

You can own it all day long, unregistered, without plates or insurance, as long as you keep it on your property. My uncles and cousins have several trucks that have never had a plate on them from the day he bought them. They stay on their farms.

If all I had to do was show that I was over 21 to buy a gun, I would be very happy. There is a compromise I could live with.

Last edited:

What are the legal restrictions on buying a bag of chips?

There are several on buying a gun.

Just give Bloomburg time

Forum List

Back