Allow us to install smart meters or lose your water ...

Especially the rich who got the bucks to run that air on several thousand square foot homes & garages & pool houses, etc. 24/7. :eusa_angel:
Several years ago, I got the opportunity to do a small T.I. on former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordons home. He had (2) 200A services and I couldn't believe it, he actually had a code violation on his service equipment. He had 198A connected to a 200A main that wasn't "fully rated for 100% duty". His connected load needed to be below 160A to be code compliant. But since he's Mayor, I guess he's got the building dept in his back pocket.

Especially the rich who got the bucks to run that air on several thousand square foot homes & garages & pool houses, etc. 24/7. :eusa_angel:
Several years ago, I got the opportunity to do a small T.I. on former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordons home. He had (2) 200A services and I couldn't believe it, he actually had a code violation on his service equipment. He had 198A connected to a 200A main that wasn't "fully rated for 100% duty". His connected load needed to be below 160A to be code compliant. But since he's Mayor, I guess he's got the building dept in his back pocket.

Thats what deregulation would like. Cons just don't think things through. Oh, they do after an electrical fire consumes their family in the night, or the plant blows up, or the bridge collapses, or gulf fills with oil, or...........:confused:

I don't know where you live but I have never in my long life paid for my gas before I used it.
No? It is true that no one where I live uses gas for heating. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that you fill your tank, much like in a car, or a bbq propane tank, and use it at your leisure. Having already paid for it.

no, most places have natural gas that is piped in.

Interesting. So the supplier has no right to know how much it is supplying?

LOL! They affect your health in the same way wifi or cell phones would. And they certainly don't keep track of people's comings and goings and alarms. What a load of BS.

LMAO! I guess you don't have a smart, to understand smart meter reader lingo. :eusa_whistle:

I can go online where I have an account with PGE, and the data clearly shows how much I use an hour & how much it cost me. I can look charts for the hour, day, month, year, or even compare it to last years useage.

So lets say someone hacks the account, they can see ie. High useage from 6-7. Then it drops off after 7am when you left for work & stays low all day until 6pm, when it spikes again with high useage thorugh dinner, bath, etc., then dives after 10:00 when you turn everything off and go to bed.

So he can send the boys over after 7am and ransack your home. Many people don't understand, but many alarms don't work if you cut off the power to your electric meter.

So that is how they do it. :eusa_angel:

Here is mine for today or whatever I decide to look at

auyqg6.jpg

There are other, easier ways to determine your work schedule. btw, you might want to give up the internet because not only can your isp provider determine when you are active, so can google or whatever search engine you use. In fact, the google knows where you are at all times if you're logged into it. And a hacker can do a lot with that information. And cell phones with location services turned on? Don't even think about it or your head will explode.

Now tell me again how the water company knows when your alarm is set or not?

Smart appliances will also be able to respond to signals from your energy provider to avoid using energy during times of peak demand. This is more complicated than a simple on and off switch. For instance, a smart air conditioner might extend its cycle time slightly to reduce its load on the grid; while not noticeable to you, millions of air conditioners acting the same way could significantly reduce the load on the power grid. Likewise, a smart refrigerator could defer its defrost cycle until off-peak hours, or a smart dishwasher might defer running until off-peak hours.
That's a control signal to an appliance that has the software and electronics already built in to the equipment. That has nothing to do with controlling sub-feed circuit breakers. And it's also done at your discretion. All the utility company can do is offer you incentives to do this, they cannot force it on you.
Exactly right. For several years I gave our power company the option of shutting off my a/c during brownouts to lessen the pain to the entire community and as an incentive they gave me a monthly discount on my bill. In order to do it they had to install a special switch inside my house and they certainly needed my permission to do it. I could disable it at any time.

Holy shit. I just realized that the last three dishwashers I've owned have this high tech smart tracking system and as proof of this it says right there on the door of the dishwasher: delay cycle setting!!! OMG, now Obama knows what color underwear I wear.

I don't see why the electric company or water company should install any kind of meter on MY HOUSE

It is nobody's business but my own how much water or electricity I use

What is this? NAZI GERMANY!

Holy shit. I just realized that the last three dishwashers I've owned have this high tech smart tracking system and as proof of this it says right there on the door of the dishwasher: delay cycle setting!!! OMG, now Obama knows what color underwear I wear.

That's your smart washing machine.

Your dishwasher is telling Obama what you had for dinner last night. And since your dishwasher told Obama you had pulled pork, we know that you're a freedom-loving Tea Party person, so prepare for your IRS audit.

Once again we see government getting away with shit.

As landlord I cannot cut off a tenant's utilities because it is against the law.

As long as this woman is paying her bill then it should be illegal to cut off her water supply.

Period.

I read shit like this and I have never been happier to have my own well and septic system. At least I won't be at the mercy of corrupt nosy pushy bureaucrats telling me what I can and can't do in my own home.

As landlord I cannot cut off a tenant's utilities because it is against the law.

As long as this woman is paying her bill then it should be illegal to cut off her water supply.

Period.

I read shit like this and I have never been happier to have my own well and septic system. At least I won't be at the mercy of corrupt nosy pushy bureaucrats telling me what I can and can't do in my own home.

paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-meme-generator-they-won-t-get-to-me-i-m-safe-in-here-a6fb9b.jpg

Period.

paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-meme-generator-they-won-t-get-to-me-i-m-safe-in-here-a6fb9b.jpg

yes that's right everyone with their own well is crazy.

Idiot.

No? It is true that no one where I live uses gas for heating. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that you fill your tank, much like in a car, or a bbq propane tank, and use it at your leisure. Having already paid for it.

where in the world did we state that? Nowhere. The objection is to smart meters - not all meters.

where in the world did we state that? Nowhere. The objection is to smart meters - not all meters.

If you get an electric bill every month, I hate to be the one to inform you because I don't want to scare you...

They ALREADY KNOW how much electric you are using.

If you get an electric bill every month, I hate to be the one to inform you because I don't want to scare you...

i don't get an electric bill every month. in fact, i don't get one at all

I object to all meters on MY HOUSE

They have no business knowing how much gas, water or electricity I use. Once they start monitoring my utility usage, they will want to monitor my food usage, what I watch on TV, how much sex I have and how often I change my underwear

It is what I like to call......A Slippery Slope

are you really that lacking of comprehension skills?

Forum List

Back