Allow us to install smart meters or lose your water ...

Hey Thomas Edison, please tell me HOW current appliances could be cut off TODAY?

Would little gremlins crawl out of the meter and yank the 110 cords out of the wall?

LMAO! What are you on, solar stove top in the back yard? You have meters for water & electric, and they have a water valve with a side lock, and a switch on their side of the meter. They simply come out and shut it off and pad lock it. Then Mr. Smart guy, you tamper with the lock and turn you meter on they already recorded the used amount of, and you will find yourself in a jail cell, plus paying a few thousands in fines. Same thing with cable/phone companys.

Last edited:
you are flailing here. Smart meters for gas are meaningless since you pay for your gas before it is used. Did this woman cancel her electric and gas? No, she did not. This is nothing but fauxrage or dementia facilitated by rightwingnutters. How sad to see the nutters taking advantage of old people.

I don't know where you live but I have never in my long life paid for my gas before I used it.
No? It is true that no one where I live uses gas for heating. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that you fill your tank, much like in a car, or a bbq propane tank, and use it at your leisure. Having already paid for it.

no, most places have natural gas that is piped in.

Monitoring Energy, Energy Monitor | GE Nucleus
Or let's say you work nights and thus need to use the washer, dryer, et al during the peak of the heat in the summer, guess what? They could charge you more.

So if your schedule just happens to be that you need to wash clothes at the same time of day as most people, then you will be unfortunate enough to have to pay higher rates.

Exactly.. You can see this "smart grid" trap setting up.. From the GE Nucleus stuff you posted...

Connected Home Manager, Energy Monitor | GE Nucleus

GE Profile™ Series' Brillion-enabled appliances are designed to work with Nucleus. When your
smart meter** signals a change in the variable utility rate, the appliances automatically adjust their operation.

Track time-of-use rates as they fluctuate throughout the day and anticipate the appliances' behavior in response to the changing rates. Allow automated responses from your appliances during peak pricing times.
Override the automatic settings, so you can choose when and how to use your home's energy.

Smart meters are 2 way communications. TODAY -- it's VOLUNTARY.. in the near future, it will be law... There is the capability to control every breaker and every appliance in your home.. Working on signals from the electrical utility.. TODAY..

So despite the uninformed ramblings of BilloReally and others --- we need to understand what's being designed and how it might be SEVERLY ABUSED by politicos with an agenda....

THe OP tho --- is a pretty straight forward case of minor hysteria..

Hey Thomas Edison, please tell me HOW current appliances could be cut off TODAY?

Would little gremlins crawl out of the meter and yank the 110 cords out of the wall?

A smart power grid will allow utilities and consumers to reduce peak demand and help avert blackouts - Economic Times
Appliances are being enabled to be controlled, dear, through the grid, through smart technology.

LOL! They affect your health in the same way wifi or cell phones would. And they certainly don't keep track of people's comings and goings and alarms. What a load of BS.

LMAO! I guess you don't have a smart, to understand smart meter reader lingo. :eusa_whistle:

I can go online where I have an account with PGE, and the data clearly shows how much I use an hour & how much it cost me. I can look charts for the hour, day, month, year, or even compare it to last years useage.

So lets say someone hacks the account, they can see ie. High useage from 6-7. Then it drops off after 7am when you left for work & stays low all day until 6pm, when it spikes again with high useage thorugh dinner, bath, etc., then dives after 10:00 when you turn everything off and go to bed.

So he can send the boys over after 7am and ransack your home. Many people don't understand, but many alarms don't work if you cut off the power to your electric meter.

So that is how they do it. :eusa_angel:

Here is mine for today or whatever I decide to look at

auyqg6.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly.. You can see this "smart grid" trap setting up.. From the GE Nucleus stuff you posted...

Smart meters are 2 way communications. TODAY -- it's VOLUNTARY.. in the near future, it will be law... There is the capability to control every breaker and every appliance in your home.. Working on signals from the electrical utility.. TODAY..

So despite the uninformed ramblings of BilloReally and others --- we need to understand what's being designed and how it might be SEVERLY ABUSED by politicos with an agenda....

A smart power grid will allow utilities and consumers to reduce peak demand and help avert blackouts - Economic Times
Appliances are being enabled to be controlled, dear, through the grid, through smart technology.

Black outs? Build more power plants and that doesn't happen, or did the American population suddenly take a nose dive and stop growing? And do you think the rates are going to go down, or go up for using less power? I can tell you, they are going up because stockholders/boardmembers/CEOs are not going to take a cut just because you use less.:eusa_angel:

you are flailing here. Smart meters for gas are meaningless since you pay for your gas before it is used. Did this woman cancel her electric and gas? No, she did not. This is nothing but fauxrage or dementia facilitated by rightwingnutters. How sad to see the nutters taking advantage of old people.

I don't know where you live but I have never in my long life paid for my gas before I used it.
No? It is true that no one where I live uses gas for heating. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that you fill your tank, much like in a car, or a bbq propane tank, and use it at your leisure. Having already paid for it.

*facepalm*

In those cases, there is no meter! The usage is calculated by the amount needed to refill the tank! Only piped-in gas has a meter.

LMAO! What are you on, solar stove top in the back yard? You have meters for water & electric, and they have a water valve with a side lock, and a switch on their side of the meter. They simply come out and shut it off and pad lock it. Then Mr. Smart guy, you tamper with the lock and turn you meter on they already recorded the used amount of, and you will find yourself in a jail cell, plus paying a few thousands in fines. Same thing with cable/phone companys.

Here is a suggestion. Don't post something if you don't have a clue what we are talking about.

I understand we'll have to have new appliances because there aren't just chips you can insert into the refrigerator you already own.

But flacaltenn claims he has a degree in electrical engineering, so his fear infested rant is laughable.

Man, are you a fuckin' idiot!

The utility company has no jurisdiction on the load side of the meter. So they can't control your breakers.

Their jurisdiction ends on the supply-side lugs of the main breaker and that's it!

So you're full of shit! All they can do, is remotely disconnect the main. They have no control function over the sub-feed CB's.

Last edited:

Man, are you a fuckin' idiot!

The utility company has no jurisdiction on the load side of the meter. So they can't control your breakers.

Their jurisdiction ends on the supply-side lugs of the main breaker and that's it!

So you're full of shit!

actually you might want to educate yourself on the matter.

Smart appliances will also be able to respond to signals from your energy provider to avoid using energy during times of peak demand. This is more complicated than a simple on and off switch. For instance, a smart air conditioner might extend its cycle time slightly to reduce its load on the grid; while not noticeable to you, millions of air conditioners acting the same way could significantly reduce the load on the power grid. Likewise, a smart refrigerator could defer its defrost cycle until off-peak hours, or a smart dishwasher might defer running until off-peak hours.

I understand we'll have to have new appliances because there aren't just chips you can insert into the refrigerator you already own.

But flacaltenn claims he has a degree in electrical engineering, so his fear infested rant is laughable.
I always found it funny that every college graduate with an electrical engineering degree the company hired, had to be trained!

Forum List

Back