Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

So companies have unlimited payroll? Fascinating.

You assume that people would get raises if a CEO pay was cut.

That money most would most likely go to the stockholders

And what percentage of the population of the US works for companies with CEOs that get the highest pay?
So now it’s not unlimited?

Answer the question.

What some CEO makes has never had any effect on what I can make and I daresay that is true for most people

He will make more if he can force you and your coworkers to accept less
You assume that if he makes less that you will make more

The pay that some CEO gets has absolutely no effect on my earning power or anyone else's for that matter
So now they do have unlimited payroll?

And the pay of any CEO has absolutely no impact on what you can earn

And what percentage of the population of the US works for companies with CEOs that get the highest pay?

Answer the question.

What some CEO makes has never had any effect on what I can make and I daresay that is true for most people
Many I assume. Our country is full of near monopolies.
AGain you assume

Your assumptions are worthless

Answer the question.

The pay that some CEO gets has absolutely no effect on my earning power or anyone else's for that matter

Why do you assume that if a CEO has his pay cut that other people will get a pay raise?

There is absolutely no evidence of cause and effect in this matter whatsoever

Answer the question.

AGain you assume

Your questions are worthless.

Answer the question.

AGain you assume

Because you cannot answer them with any degree of certainty

Answer the question.

Why do you assume that if a CEO has his pay cut that other people will get a pay raise?

Why do you think they have unlimited payroll? Prices are not effected? The ceo pay grows on trees?

Answer the question.

AGain you assume

I put little effort in worthless questions.

Answer the question.

Why do you think they have unlimited payroll? Prices are not effected? The ceo pay grows on trees?
I never said they did.

How does the pay the CEO of Amazon gets affect your pay?

And if the CEO of a company did have his pay cut how do you know that it would result in all the employees getting paid more?

Answer the question.

AGain you assume

I put little effort in worthless questions.

You put little effort into everything you do

I never said they did.

How does the pay the CEO of Amazon gets affect your pay?

And if the CEO of a company did have his pay cut how do you know that it would result in all the employees getting paid more?
If the ceo takes a huge cut that must increase prices. That effects a lot of people. Less payroll for everyone else.

Last edited:
What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

Solution to low wage problems? Open up your own business and pay more.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.
You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is the hope.....

The reality is that both CEOs probably do the same. If one happens to do better than the other, he will use it to justify a higher compensation.
American CEOs are paid significantly higher than their international counterparts. American companies do not perform significantly better.

Neither do workers, probably even less so.

People have value, and nobody is going to pay somebody of little value a lot of money. They have to have value in some capacity. Conversely, nobody is going to overpay a worker either in most cases. CEO's, especially the best ones, are very rare; just as rare as that star quarterback, ace pitcher, beautiful and talented actress, or the great song writer. Because they are rare, they can make higher demands for compensation, because if you don't want to meet those demands, somebody else just might, and then those people get the talent.

In other words, take your job for instance. What if only you and a handful of people had the ability to do your job? What kind of money would you make? Well.....as long as you could produce profit for a company, you might be able to ask for millions a year, and companies would have no choice but to take it.

You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is the hope.....

The reality is that both CEOs probably do the same. If one happens to do better than the other, he will use it to justify a higher compensation.
American CEOs are paid significantly higher than their international counterparts. American companies do not perform significantly better.

People have value, and nobody is going to pay somebody of little value a lot of money. They have to have value in some capacity. Conversely, nobody is going to overpay a worker either in most cases. CEO's, especially the best ones, are very rare; just as rare as that star quarterback, ace pitcher, beautiful and talented actress, or the great song writer. Because they are rare, they can make higher demands for compensation, because if you don't want to meet those demands, somebody else just might, and then those people get the talent.

In other words, take your job for instance. What if only you and a handful of people had the ability to do your job? What kind of money would you make? Well.....as long as you could produce profit for a company, you might be able to ask for millions a year, and companies would have no choice but to take it.
Lots of bad ceos get paid like stars. Helps having the board loaded with other ceos who want raises.

If you have to work 3, 4, or 5 jobs to support your family, then maybe it's not the wages that are the problem. Maybe the problem is you had a family you could never support in the first place.
We need some children to pay for them baby boomers.

That doesn't mean you should have children you could never afford, and then bitch about how your employer doesn't pay you enough to support them.
Anyone working multiple jobs with a family probably deserves good pay. But you righties think only ceos deserve good pay and our growing inequality keeps our economy slow...

What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

Solution to low wage problems? Open up your own business and pay more.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.
Anyone with any sense would buy the better one, or not at all.

The widgets are the same. Quit dodging the legitimate question.

And the pay of any CEO has absolutely no impact on what you can earn

Answer the question.

How does that work?

That is the hope.....

Lots of bad ceos get paid like stars. Helps having the board loaded with other ceos who want raises.

The board finds other things just as important, like pleasing their stock holders, creating a product at a competitive price, and reducing waste while increasing production.

The board is also comprised of the major stock holders of a company. They are going to do what's best in their interest, and others want to see those people satisfied as well. If you had millions of dollars invested in company X, and you seen money wasted by overpaying CEO's or other management, you're going to get your money out of there and take it someplace else.

That is the hope.....

The board finds other things just as important, like pleasing their stock holders, creating a product at a competitive price, and reducing waste while increasing production.

The board is also comprised of the major stock holders of a company. They are going to do what's best in their interest, and others want to see those people satisfied as well. If you had millions of dollars invested in company X, and you seen money wasted by overpaying CEO's or other management, you're going to get your money out of there and take it someplace else.
Funny theory you have. Why we have so many overpaid ceos then?

Answer the question.

How does that work?
Multiple ways

Blocking union membership, hiring temporary and contract personnel, cutting benefits, threatening employees

That is the hope.....

Funny theory you have. Why we have so many overpaid ceos then?

Who says they're overpaid.....you? If you think the job is so easy, and pays so much money, how much effort are you putting in to becoming a CEO yourself?

That is the hope.....

American CEOs claim to be rare. But they are no more rare than CEOs in international corporations. Yet, they are paid significantly higher.

Over the last three decades, American CEOs have seen significant increases in their compensation. Yet, American companies have not done significantly better
WHO-EARNS-WHAT-Business-7.jpeg

Forum List

Back