Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

f stealing intellectual property is such a big deal, what company stopped doing business with China after it was stolen? We keep sending it to them and companies accept it.

I posed a question to you which, typical of far-left Progressives, you dodged by trying to ask a question instead of answer one.

So I'll pose it to you again. Before making a stupid response, kindly do some research into the issue of intellectual property theft by China.

Specifically what tactic would you use to stop foreign countries from subsidizing the merchandise they sell to our country. Just as important, or more important, what tactic would you use to halt China from stealing our intellectual property and making it their own?
Can’t answer my question eh? The answer to IP is to stop sending it to them. But our corps find it’s more profitable to send it to them. Or they would stop dealing with China.

I asked the question. You refuse to answer. Why?

You seem determined to remain ignorant about the issue. Why?

LEARN about intellectual property theft by China, or begone!

Once again, if you chose to stay.

Specifically, what tactic would you use to halt China from stealing our intellectual property and making it their own?

This isn't Trump's fault...…

The attack on the middle class has been ongoing for decades.....

Just one side tends to want to ignore it or blame it on the people who work these jobs for not being smart enough to start their own businesses and be millionaires

American CEOs claim to be rare. But they are no more rare than CEOs in international corporations. Yet, they are paid significantly higher.

Over the last three decades, American CEOs have seen significant increases in their compensation. Yet, American companies have not done significantly better
WHO-EARNS-WHAT-Business-7.jpeg

So what does employees pay have to do with what a CEO makes? It's totally irrelevant.
Payroll is limitless? Really?

Where did I even imply that?
Well if payroll is limited then it is relevant.

I don't see how. You people on the left seem to look at companies like some giant commune, where everybody pitches in and is equally rewarded. If you cut CEO pay in half, you will get less talent, and it doesn't change the value of the worker. So why would you pay a worker more than they are worth? You would opt to pay that worker fair wage for their talents, and give the rest of the money to your stockholders if anything.

So what is your work worth? Your value is what your employer can find other people to do the same quality of work. That's how much you are worth.

If you sweep floors for a living, anybody can do that. Your pay is based on how many other people can do that job, and since it requires no talent or skill, the pay will be lower. If you have a skilled job such as an electrician or plumber, many less people can do that job, and that means your employer can't replace you with a worker for less money. He or she has to pay you what others are willing to do that job for. Same with an engineer or architect. Even less people can do that job, so they make more money because it's much harder to replace them.

So do tell, why would an employer pay an employee more money than they could hire somebody else for? You don't do it for the people that work for you, so it's hypocritical to say others should.
I don't disagree, but I don't see any economic or social negative in taxing progressively to pay for what unions once bargained for. Profits are up, and wages are down.

American CEOs claim to be rare. But they are no more rare than CEOs in international corporations. Yet, they are paid significantly higher.

Over the last three decades, American CEOs have seen significant increases in their compensation. Yet, American companies have not done significantly better

So what does employees pay have to do with what a CEO makes? It's totally irrelevant.

I don't see how. You people on the left seem to look at companies like some giant commune, where everybody pitches in and is equally rewarded. If you cut CEO pay in half, you will get less talent, and it doesn't change the value of the worker. So why would you pay a worker more than they are worth? You would opt to pay that worker fair wage for their talents, and give the rest of the money to your stockholders if anything.

So what is your work worth? Your value is what your employer can find other people to do the same quality of work. That's how much you are worth.

If you sweep floors for a living, anybody can do that. Your pay is based on how many other people can do that job, and since it requires no talent or skill, the pay will be lower. If you have a skilled job such as an electrician or plumber, many less people can do that job, and that means your employer can't replace you with a worker for less money. He or she has to pay you what others are willing to do that job for. Same with an engineer or architect. Even less people can do that job, so they make more money because it's much harder to replace them.

So do tell, why would an employer pay an employee more money than they could hire somebody else for? You don't do it for the people that work for you, so it's hypocritical to say others should.
Well we don't have the greatest generation CEOs or unions anymore, so we have to depend on the government to regulate a living wage and benefits like every other modern country, super duper. Cuz it's damn obvious the GOP will never do anything along those lines....

Not really
It relates to the distribution of company profit.
The workers used to get a larger slice of the pie. The amount of profit that goes to workers has decreased, while the amount going to executive compensation has increased

After enough time, corporations realized it was not a successful plan. Paying workers more money does not equal greater profit. Paying a CEO more money does.
Not according to the studies I have seen. Your claim is baseless.

If that were true, competing corporations would do things differently. But obviously, since most of them do the same things, it must be the best plan.
You just speak nonsense.

I don't disagree, but I don't see any economic or social negative in taxing progressively to pay for what unions once bargained for. Profits are up, and wages are down.

I don't understand how taxation became part of what we're talking about. What does that have to do with employee or CEO pay? I must have lost you somewhere.

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

Perhaps these not teenagers or young adults should aspire to do more with their lives than work an $18,000 a year job. Maybe they should learn a skill that’s worth more than that

Some people are paid what they are worth. The poison of leftism makes them see jobs as handouts rather than exchanges of services.

Add to that the deluge of immigrants the left is importing to depress wages.

And then, on top of that add the destruction of families which sees single mothers struggling to make a living in jobs intended to buy gas money for teenagers while learning how to be responsible.

immigration-taking-jobs-comic.png

Well we don't have the greatest generation CEOs or unions anymore, so we have to depend on the government to regulate a living wage and benefits like every other modern country, super duper. Cuz it's damn obvious the GOP will never do anything along those lines....

How do we depend on the gov for a living wage?
How about you work harder than your coworkers?

He will make more if he can force you and your coworkers to accept less

How does that work?
Multiple ways

Blocking union membership, hiring temporary and contract personnel, cutting benefits, threatening employees

Uh.....if you're any good at what you do you go to the companies competitors.
I was never in a Union as a machinist and always made top dollar.
If I felt I Was underpaid I went to the boss and told them what I wanted. If they refused I went back to work and started looking for a job that would pay me based on my abilities.
Nine times out of ten when I gave them my resignation they agreed to my terms.
Whether I stayed or not was up to me.
I didnt need or want someone to go to bat for me,I handled it on my own.
Dems are Pussy's that need help to make it in the real world.
In my opinion that would make me a pussy as well.
Who paid for your training? Those were the good old days.

Nobody paid for my training.
I worked my way up from sweeping floors and showed initiative and was rewarded for my efforts.
Something you whiny leftist cant seem to grasp.
Who paid for your training dingbat? Those were the good old days. Dumbass

Not really
It relates to the distribution of company profit.
The workers used to get a larger slice of the pie. The amount of profit that goes to workers has decreased, while the amount going to executive compensation has increased

After enough time, corporations realized it was not a successful plan. Paying workers more money does not equal greater profit. Paying a CEO more money does.
Not according to the studies I have seen. Your claim is baseless.

If that were true, competing corporations would do things differently. But obviously, since most of them do the same things, it must be the best plan.
You just speak nonsense.

Going back to our widget discussion. You and I are competitors. We sell our widgets for around the same price, and have equal amount of customers. To undercut my widget price, you decide to fire your CEO making 5 million a year, and replace him or her with a CEO for 2 million a year. If you really believed you could move ahead of my company, why would you not do that?

You assume that if he makes less that you will make more

The pay that some CEO gets has absolutely no effect on my earning power or anyone else's for that matter
So now they do have unlimited payroll?

Why do you assume that if a CEO has his pay cut that other people will get a pay raise?

There is absolutely no evidence of cause and effect in this matter whatsoever
Why do you think they have unlimited payroll? Prices are not effected? The ceo pay grows on trees?
I never said they did.

How does the pay the CEO of Amazon gets affect your pay?

And if the CEO of a company did have his pay cut how do you know that it would result in all the employees getting paid more?
If the ceo takes a huge cut that must increase prices. That effects a lot of people. Less payroll for everyone else.
You have no proof that a pay cut for a ceo will result in higher wages for other people in the company

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, by any measure, Trump's not improved their wages, and less is spent on HC and education. If that's success, you should crow

Average%20wage%20%202019-12-02-XL.jpg
United States Wages and Salaries Growth | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Thank you for posting another link that supports my point!

you mean this, showing flat real wages since 1995?
United States Wages and Salaries Growth | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar

You can even view a chart showing the 12% decline since 1980. Of course you have to be able to read charts and constant dollars.

You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is the hope.....

The reality is that both CEOs probably do the same. If one happens to do better than the other, he will use it to justify a higher compensation.
American CEOs are paid significantly higher than their international counterparts. American companies do not perform significantly better.

Neither do workers, probably even less so.

People have value, and nobody is going to pay somebody of little value a lot of money. They have to have value in some capacity. Conversely, nobody is going to overpay a worker either in most cases. CEO's, especially the best ones, are very rare; just as rare as that star quarterback, ace pitcher, beautiful and talented actress, or the great song writer. Because they are rare, they can make higher demands for compensation, because if you don't want to meet those demands, somebody else just might, and then those people get the talent.

In other words, take your job for instance. What if only you and a handful of people had the ability to do your job? What kind of money would you make? Well.....as long as you could produce profit for a company, you might be able to ask for millions a year, and companies would have no choice but to take it.
People's labor has value
People themselves are priceless

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is the hope.....

The reality is that both CEOs probably do the same. If one happens to do better than the other, he will use it to justify a higher compensation.
American CEOs are paid significantly higher than their international counterparts. American companies do not perform significantly better.

Neither do workers, probably even less so.

People have value, and nobody is going to pay somebody of little value a lot of money. They have to have value in some capacity. Conversely, nobody is going to overpay a worker either in most cases. CEO's, especially the best ones, are very rare; just as rare as that star quarterback, ace pitcher, beautiful and talented actress, or the great song writer. Because they are rare, they can make higher demands for compensation, because if you don't want to meet those demands, somebody else just might, and then those people get the talent.

In other words, take your job for instance. What if only you and a handful of people had the ability to do your job? What kind of money would you make? Well.....as long as you could produce profit for a company, you might be able to ask for millions a year, and companies would have no choice but to take it.
Lots of bad ceos get paid like stars. Helps having the board loaded with other ceos who want raises.
That decision is up to the board members of the company not you

Multiple ways

Blocking union membership, hiring temporary and contract personnel, cutting benefits, threatening employees

Uh.....if you're any good at what you do you go to the companies competitors.
I was never in a Union as a machinist and always made top dollar.
If I felt I Was underpaid I went to the boss and told them what I wanted. If they refused I went back to work and started looking for a job that would pay me based on my abilities.
Nine times out of ten when I gave them my resignation they agreed to my terms.
Whether I stayed or not was up to me.
I didnt need or want someone to go to bat for me,I handled it on my own.
Dems are Pussy's that need help to make it in the real world.
In my opinion that would make me a pussy as well.
Everyone has to sign a non compete now bro. Workers are hosed.

They're not worth the paper they're written on.
Oh but they are. We also have lots of collusion. Companies won’t hire you if they know your current company has a non compete.

LOL....you're a moron.
Is a non-compete agreement worth the paper it's written on? | Weisberg Law

Non-Compete Agreements? Are They Worth the Paper They are Written On? - Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP.
Step into the real world.

Judge approves settlement in Apple, Google wage case

How do we depend on the gov for a living wage?
How about you work harder than your coworkers?
How do we depend on the government for a living wage? What the hell do you mean LOL?

Forum List

Back