Alt Nativity Scenes

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
Following the celebration of the European tradition of Jesus day of birth, perhaps our public squares could be graced with nativities celebrating the Flight into Egypt. Where as legend tells, Jesus was taken by his mother and step father (who sought work in construction)

wall.jpg

nahh they just moved around some. Egypt and Judea and Palestine were all the same empire. Roman. Hadrian's wall was still sometime in the future.

Following the celebration of the European tradition of Jesus day of birth, perhaps our public squares could be graced with nativities celebrating the Flight into Egypt. Where as legend tells, Jesus was taken by his mother and step father (who sought work in construction)

View attachment 167850
------------------------------------------------ good !!

It does underscore the fact that the free movement of people, makes the biblical narratives plausible at first glance. I mean:

Abraham was said to be from Ur of the Chaldeans before settling in the Levant.

Jacob and his sons fled to Egypt to escape famine

Moses fled to Midian

David fled to Nob and Gath

The apostles traveled throughout the Roman Empire and beyond

The simple fact is that anyone who believes in the bible but hates immigrants is a hypocrite.

"This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place." -- Jeremiah 22:3

It does underscore the fact that the free movement of people, makes the biblical narratives plausible at first glance. I mean:

Makes them "plausible"? Is English your first language?

The simple fact is that anyone who believes in the bible but hates immigrants is a hypocrite.

"This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place." -- Jeremiah 22:3

You arent just a hypocritical Bible thumper. You are an ignorant one.

2 Chron 14:7 For he said to Judah, "Let us build these cities and surround them with walls and towers, gates and bars. The land is still ours because we have sought the LORD our God; we have sought Him, and He has given us rest on every side." So they built and prospered.

What God didn't say was, "Open your gates and let your enemy in". He is smarter than we are. People had to come and go because it was the only way to do business and sell your ware. But you can bet at night the city gate was slammed shut. For safety reasons.
Joseph and Mary were not looking for work. They were fleeing. Their son was in danger.
We have always been open to the sojourner. The correct way. The lawful way.
So, take your guilt tripping and stick it in your Christmas stocking..

both are old testaments verses what does the new testament say

The New Testament says "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." since you ask. Learn it and live it.

What God didn't say was, "Open your gates and let your enemy in". He is smarter than we are. People had to come and go because it was the only way to do business and sell your ware. But you can bet at night the city gate was slammed shut. For safety reasons.
Joseph and Mary were not looking for work. They were fleeing. Their son was in danger.
We have always been open to the sojourner. The correct way. The lawful way.
So, take your guilt tripping and stick it in your Christmas stocking..

Yeah, they were Middle Eastern refugees. But one must presume he made a living while in Egypt, yes?

View attachment 167850

1)The escaping to Egypt story is from the 100bc figure Yeshu son of Mary, whereby they fled Jannaeus Alexander persecuting the Pharisee during the revolt, not Herod killing babies which never happened and was used by Rome to demonize the Jewish authority much like Dems demonize Trump as a similar attempt to delegitimize his authority.
2)if Egypt would have restricted him from entering Egypt then you would not see Paganism and forbidden maggis shows all over sunday evangelist tv because Yeshu was influenced by Egyptian mysticsm while in Egypt.
And you'd have 1 less mystical luciferous sun worshiper and figure in your trinity of christs making up your image called
Jesus.
3)you'd be saying no Jesus' ever were allowed in our country to immigrate.
I guess you never heard of Jesus the cabby, Jesus the Lawyer, Jesus the business owner, or Jesus Alou the Baseball player?
-ooops epic fail!
jesus-alou.jpg

Last edited:
both are old testaments verses what does the new testament say
------------------------------------ don't know , do know that somewhere in the Bible it says to sell your cloak and buy a gun or weapon or sword . --------- Besides that , USA is a secular nation anyway .

dont preach to me...you know better

And you know me better. I don't preach and I don't proof text. I responded to an ignorant Biblethumper with an appropriate verse.
Pearls before swine you know...there is a reason that the Bible is opaque to nonbelievers.

nahh they just moved around some. Egypt and Judea and Palestine were all the same empire. Roman. Hadrian's wall was still sometime in the future.

Actually man made physical boundaries almost never, ever existed. Hadrian's Wall existed because there was war going on.

Forum List

Back