Alt-right protestor loses job after being outed

It's amazing how such a simple thing is so wildly misconstrued.

The racists, misogynists and white supremacists have been emboldened by the election of Donald Trump, and they slithered out from under their rocks in droves to vote for him. They are the lowlife bottom feeders of his base. But they have grossly miscalculated the response they'd receive.

More importantly, the Republican Party can no longer pretend that Trump isn't sympathetic to their white supremacist agenda. More and more Republicans are realizing the danger a Trump Presidency poses to the republic.

Back in Dallas when five police officers were shot by the BLM crazy, Obama gave a statement that didn't condemn the BLM, I didn't jump Obama for that nor will I jump Trump for this. I try to stay consistent.

None of the police officers who were killed anywhere in the US were killed by members of BLM. The shooter in Dallas was an ex-marine who wanted to kill white people.

It was inevitable that anger over police killing unarmed black people would lead to blacks killing cops. It's not like the general population, blacks included, isn't armed. Viral videos of cops body slamming kids at a birthday party, shooting people on their knees execution style, and rolling up and just shooting an 11 year old with a toy gun, are very inflammatory. As we saw in Charlotte, the US has a huge race problem.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

He was a BLM member, he was who he was. The hate from BLM spurred his hate and caused him to act. The BLM is being sued over the officer's deaths.

We have had a race problem, for over a century. Nothing justifies killing another human.

He was NOT a member of BLM.

Nowhere did I suggest these shootings were "justified". I said it wasn't surprising that this happened. The US is a heavily armed, violent nation. Violence seems to be your first response to any difficult situation.

Given the incompetence and the racist sympathies of your current President, and reading the comments here, I fear this will get much much worse before it gets better.

The lawsuits filed against BLM seem to think differently.

The racists, misogynists and white supremacists have been emboldened by the election of Donald Trump, and they slithered out from under their rocks in droves to vote for him. They are the lowlife bottom feeders of his base. But they have grossly miscalculated the response they'd receive.

More importantly, the Republican Party can no longer pretend that Trump isn't sympathetic to their white supremacist agenda. More and more Republicans are realizing the danger a Trump Presidency poses to the republic.

Back in Dallas when five police officers were shot by the BLM crazy, Obama gave a statement that didn't condemn the BLM, I didn't jump Obama for that nor will I jump Trump for this. I try to stay consistent.

None of the police officers who were killed anywhere in the US were killed by members of BLM. The shooter in Dallas was an ex-marine who wanted to kill white people.

It was inevitable that anger over police killing unarmed black people would lead to blacks killing cops. It's not like the general population, blacks included, isn't armed. Viral videos of cops body slamming kids at a birthday party, shooting people on their knees execution style, and rolling up and just shooting an 11 year old with a toy gun, are very inflammatory. As we saw in Charlotte, the US has a huge race problem.

He was a BLM member, he was who he was. The hate from BLM spurred his hate and caused him to act. The BLM is being sued over the officer's deaths.

We have had a race problem, for over a century. Nothing justifies killing another human.

Nowhere did I suggest these shootings were "justified". I said it wasn't surprising that this happened. The US is a heavily armed, violent nation. Violence seems to be your first response to any difficult situation.

Given the incompetence and the racist sympathies of your current President, and reading the comments here, I fear this will get much much worse before it gets better.

More than those filed against Trump?

Anyone can claim anything when filing suit. Proving it is quite another matter.

More than those filed against Trump?

I wouldn't know I never followed him or his lawsuits. I eliminated him as candidate very early in his campaign.

Seems you follow him more than I. Nice diversion, seems you have had a lot of practice.

Let me know when they start outing the thugs on the other side.

I believe in fairness.

People who oppose white supremacists and Nazis aren't "thugs". The white supremacists and the Nazis are "thugs" and should be opposed until there isn't a single one left.

The purpose of WWII was to rid the world of Nazis and white supremacist scum. We shouldn't even have to discuss it.
The Dildo in the White House might disagree with you (and me).

trump seems to have an affinity for right wing thugs and misfits. Hell, Bannon was one of his favorite people and his views are toxic. Plus the KKK and David Duke are some of the Orange Dipshit's most adoring fans. trump loves them because he's just like them.

Trump%20race%20accomplishments-XL.jpg

Explain for us please why the city of Palm Beach sued Donald Trump and Mar-A-Lago after he bought the resort in the mid-80-s.

Your desperation is duly noted!

Getting back to the OP, how many people here think an employer should be "allowed" to fire someone for their political beliefs?

If it becomes an issue in the workplace, of course! If it affects the quality of their work, of course!

If they're running an automobile crusher in a junkyard, so long as the cars get crushed and they crush them quickly, I don't care.

None of the police officers who were killed anywhere in the US were killed by members of BLM.

You know that how? They don't have official members and their own website lists no one as being in charge and no particular person to contact. It's like they are a ghost.

Let me know when they start outing the thugs on the other side.

I believe in fairness.

People who oppose white supremacists and Nazis aren't "thugs". The white supremacists and the Nazis are "thugs" and should be opposed until there isn't a single one left.

The purpose of WWII was to rid the world of Nazis and white supremacist scum. We shouldn't even have to discuss it.
The Dildo in the White House might disagree with you (and me).

trump seems to have an affinity for right wing thugs and misfits. Hell, Bannon was one of his favorite people and his views are toxic. Plus the KKK and David Duke are some of the Orange Dipshit's most adoring fans. trump loves them because he's just like them.

Trump%20race%20accomplishments-XL.jpg

Explain for us please why the city of Palm Beach sued Donald Trump and Mar-A-Lago after he bought the resort in the mid-80-s.

Your desperation is duly noted!
Trump condemned David Duke and years later said he'd never heard of him.
Idiots follow this man.

Assault is never the correct response to any speech. My brother called me horrible names, copycatted every word I said for an hour straight. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." We teach this to our children. We do so for a reason. It is flat out wrong to assault someone because of their words.

So what you're all saying is that if ISIS had a permit to march in Charlottesville, they'd have a right to match through the streets and to use their freedom of speech to say hateful things and if anyone started a fight with them it would be on the protesters.

ISIS isn't eligible for a permit as they are foreigners on foreign soil. Just about the worst we have are skinheads (birthed in our prisons). If skinheads get a permit to protest (bearing ugly tattoos, playing loud deathmetal over bullhorns, carrying signs proclaiming, "We hope you all die for diluting our pure blood!"), then yes, assaulting them for being suck is illegal and WRONG. You don't get to punch people you disagree with in America. There is no right to NOT be offended. There is a right to free speech, so govt cannot shut it down. Legally, the one who throws the first blow has committed a crime against another. Mean words are not a crime.

Many a man has smacked his woman for offending him. Not cool. Illegal. Wrong. Many a man has punched an opposing team's fan for offending him. Not cool. Illegal. Wrong. Assaulting someone for what they say is wrong and illegal. Sometimes it's worth it. If someone calls me a disgusting name, hubby would likely shove or hit him. Not cool. Illegal. Wrong. Worth it. I can certainly understand the "worth it" aspect of punching a skinhead, but one doesn't get to cry victim or don a halo for doing so because it is illegal and WRONG.

Speech we like is easy to protect. If you cherish your freedom, you protect it even when it's hard, even swallowing back bile, because that's the only way to keep that freedom.

It's not that we agree with Nazis and it's not that we support them. We aren't interested in protecting them. It's freedom of speech we are protecting. We just want them to go away. We wonder why y'all don't want your extremists to go away.

"Freedom is speech" is an illusion. Harassment and intimidation is illegal.

You should read the piece written by members of the Charlottesville Jewish Synagogue who were at Shabbat on Friday night during the torch light parade. The marchers passed by the Synagogue shouting nastiness at the worshippers. They didn't feel very free hearing that. They were terrorized.

I find genitalia hats very offensive, and am frightened by mobs chanting, "Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon." Blocking entrances and exits is specified as harassment in the law. I'm perfectly fine with equal application of the law to ALL.

Protests have never been classified as terrorism or harassment, not in the 60's when violence abounded and not today. I do not want to lose my freedoms, so I protect them. You don't get to choose who gets free speech or not. Antifa, behind their masks and body armor, certainly intimidate and frighten people. I would hope you want them prohibited from assembling in large, loud, masked, armed groups. They are much more terrifying.

Yes. They do. As do White Supremacists in their jackboots, carrying assault weapons and torches. I don't think Antifa is any more or less terrifying or intimidating t
What laws deprive any one of the right to vote? Be specific.

And as far as gerrymandering goes, I realize you are a complete left wing whacko but you don't have to be a hypocrite as well claiming only R's genrrymander.

So what is one of the worst examples of gerrymandering in the country? What is the example that the national media uses when talking about gerrymandering? Illinois' congressional district 4, including parts of Chicago, represented by congressman Luis Gutierrez. Check out the map below and tell me if you don't think this is the most ridiculous political game ever.

Apparently they had to run the district through the middle of Interstate 294 so that they could maintain a contiguous area of homogenous constituents.

District-4.jpg

Illinois Congressional District 4: Worst Example Of Gerrymandering
Laws don't have to be specific in order to deny a person's right to vote. All they have to is create the conditions that end up creating substantial enough obstacles.

Like NYC's handgun permit process?

There it takes 3-6 months and $600 or so in fees just to keep revolver legally in your own home.
Can you keep a rifle?

Rifles need to registered and take less time to get, but I know where your going here and that isn't a valid reason. the whole "well you can get A gun" doesn't float because for home defense I would prefer a handgun with hollow points so I don't have a rifle FMJ round blast through 3-4 apartment walls in my building.

I'm sure my fellow tenants would as well.

It doesn't matter what you "prefer" - you still have the right to have arms. No one has taken that from you. Just like people have the right to vote...but that doesn't mean they can expect home delivery of their ballot. They still got to get out there and vote.

1. Please reply to my posts only. I HATE double replies.

2. The voter thing isn't the same as the restrictions I am talking about. In NYC's case they are making me get a firearm that does not fit the task i want to have it for, i.e home defense, which is a right granted by heller. They have made a de facto partial ban, which is unconstitutional.

Getting back to the OP, how many people here think an employer should be "allowed" to fire someone for their political beliefs?
Interesting question. If you have a diverse work force, it could cause a problem having neo-Nazi's or KKK in their midst. Or, if the person has become known to the community as holding those views, it could become a reflection of your business, as well. Look how many of the business CEO's went scrambling from the ship as soon as Trump flubbed his statements on the violence last week. You have to protect your image with the public. So I suppose employers may have a reason. But you know what? Maybe they should go back to keeping their views more quiet.

I wonder if that's part of the reason only a few dozen folks showed up to the Free Speech rally yesterday in Boston. There are plenty of racists in Boston, I know that for sure. Either they (1) aren't joiners, (2) think the costumes are stupid or (3) don't want their faces on world-wide news. Choose any one. It sure isn't that none exist in Boston.
Ridiculous. If you have a predominately Christian, or Jewish work force; would you raise the same concern about having Muslims in their midst? Even after San Bernardino? Of course you wouldn't. Discriminating against people simply for what they believe goes against everything American civil rights is supposed to be about. Isnt it? Or... Lemme guess... This is "different"? Lol...

Interesting question. If you have a diverse work force, it could cause a problem having neo-Nazi's or KKK in their midst. Or, if the person has become known to the community as holding those views, it could become a reflection of your business, as well. Look how many of the business CEO's went scrambling from the ship as soon as Trump flubbed his statements on the violence last week. You have to protect your image with the public. So I suppose employers may have a reason.

But should they be allowed to act on that reason? Should a business with employees who are predominantly Trump supporters be allowed to fire someone who hates Trump and speaks out against him in public?

Being critical of the President is hardly the same thing as espousing the belief that whites are a "superior race" have the rights ahead of inferiors like blacks, Jews, Catholics, Hispanics and Asians.

As a business owner, having such a person around my other employees, who may be members of these so-called "inferior" races or religions, would make them uncomfortable, or my customers. I'd fire his ass in a heartbeat.

Actually the protest was about a statue. Not everybody there was a Nazi or white supremacist. The problem here is that we live in a country where you can fire somebody for holding a political position, but if your politics dictates you don't want to make a cake for a gay wedding, you can be sued out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

arre yuo crazzy? the guy was legally excersizing his rrights, yo! he is entitled!

Free speech does NOT mean free of consequences.

Would you like me to post a picture of that "toy" gun next to the real gun it was copied from and see if you can tell the difference? The officers had no idea that the 5' 9" 180 lbs suspect was a 12 year old.

Free speech does NOT mean free of consequences.

Would you like me to post a picture of that "toy" gun next to the real gun it was copied from and see if you can tell the difference? The officers had no idea that the 5' 9" 180 lbs suspect was a 12 year old.

They pulled up and gunned that child down. Not a warning, not a "Hands up", nothing. They just pulled up and shot the kid.

Charlottesville white nationalist demonstrator loses job at libertarian hot dog shop

After being “inundated with inquiries,” his former employer, Top Dog, in downtown Berkeley, posted a sign on its door that reads: “Effective Saturday 12th August, Cole White no longer works at Top Dog. The actions of those in Charlottesville are not supported by Top Dog. We believe in individual freedom and voluntary association for everyone,” multiple news outlets reported. The shop has a political bent of its own, as it’s well-known in Berkeley for the libertarian stickers and articles posted on its walls, and website.

Sign on the door of Top Dog on Durant Ave confirms Cole White is no longer employed by the chain pic.twitter.com/ROwAed2NOl

I have mixed feelings about this. I believe public shaming is an effective way to deal with hate-mongers and those associated with Alt-right and white pride/nationalists.

However, I also see them like sick alcoholics. These people need help--intervention and treatment. They are sick-minded deluded people, members of a cult which teaches hate, fuels resentment. Cult members often need some form of deprogramming to get them healthy.
Its just business. People dont want to give their money to haters so his Boss was protecting his business.

Interesting question. If you have a diverse work force, it could cause a problem having neo-Nazi's or KKK in their midst. Or, if the person has become known to the community as holding those views, it could become a reflection of your business, as well. Look how many of the business CEO's went scrambling from the ship as soon as Trump flubbed his statements on the violence last week. You have to protect your image with the public. So I suppose employers may have a reason. But you know what? Maybe they should go back to keeping their views more quiet.

I wonder if that's part of the reason only a few dozen folks showed up to the Free Speech rally yesterday in Boston. There are plenty of racists in Boston, I know that for sure. Either they (1) aren't joiners, (2) think the costumes are stupid or (3) don't want their faces on world-wide news. Choose any one. It sure isn't that none exist in Boston.
Ridiculous. If you have a predominately Christian, or Jewish work force; would you raise the same concern about having Muslims in their midst? Even after San Bernardino? Of course you wouldn't. Discriminating against people simply for what they believe goes against everything American civil rights is supposed to be about. Isnt it? Or... Lemme guess... This is "different"? Lol...

It's one thing to have people of differing religions working together, and quite another to have people who believe that their co-workers or your customers are "inferior" because of the colour of the skin, or their religion. It's a matter of respect.

You can respect the beliefs of those who don't believe as you do. That's not difficult. But to claim superiority over others makes working in a racially diverse environment all but impossible.

Hiring employees is not just about their skills. You need people who fit into your corporate culture and get along with one another.

It's one thing to have people of differing religions working together, and quite another to have people who believe that their co-workers or your customers are "inferior" because of the colour of the skin, or their religion. It's a matter of respect.

You can respect the beliefs of those who don't believe as you do. That's not difficult. But to claim superiority over others makes working in a racially diverse environment all but impossible.

Hiring employees is not just about their skills. You need people who fit into your corporate culture and get along with one another.
Your whole post is nothing more than excuse making, and apologetics. It comes down to beliefs. Pure, and simple.

Your whole post is nothing more than excuse making, and apologetics. It comes down to beliefs. Pure, and simple.
Every contract I have ever signed had a clause in it that stated I could be sacked if my out of work behaviour brought the company into disrepute by association.
So march with the KKK and find another job.

Forum List

Back