Am I a coward or smart ???

also I am 45 !!!
My skills are Lower level but not beginner

Depends on your goals.

Do you want to get better? It's a whole faster to do if you go against people who are better than you.

Any other reason, you do you. Fuck'm.
I just do it for hobby !!!
I only want to get a little better
I am a hobbyist not a pro or semi pro fighter

In my tennis days .i would want the best to play but this ain’t tennis lol

Quasar44, your post reminded me of the story of a guy that was invited to a weekly poker night with the guys. It didn't take more than a few weeks to figure out it wasn't his company they enjoyed, but rather his money. Your instincts seem better than his.

Quasar44, your post reminded me of the story of a guy that was invited to a weekly poker night with the guys. It didn't take more than a few weeks to figure out it wasn't his company they enjoyed, but rather his money. Your instincts seem better than his.

I have good instincts..I always had
My entire life I always avoided toxic things
. My coach will think I am a gutless coward if I bail again
Maybe next week ..it will only be lower level but I doubt it

Then again I overreact a lot lol

Why do you care what your coach thinks if you are just doing this as a hobby? Don't waste time and energy on things or people who don't matter to your goals. Hell, ignore that too if you disagree with it. I don't know you, you don't me... You do you.

If he does, find another coach.

it’s only a hobby for me lol
It’s not like I am trying to get into the ufc lol

I don’t care what the students think .
The coach ..I do ??

Last month I was forced into a sparring class but did ok but it was my level guys
This class has the “ big boys “

plus the open class is over a full hour of fighting rounds
There is no way I can last more than 15 min

Last night on Friday I did my weekly kickboxing class. Mostly low level guys like me.
Then after they had open sparing and I was going to join them but I realized it was more “ high level guys “ And big dudes and I would be over my head !!
. Being always cautious ..I decided to just kick the banana bag alone !
Well the coach wanted me to .”jump in “ and I did not .
Just seems very silly for me to play with these guys who could dice me up !!
I don’t mind sparring fellow “ low levels “
Now folks think I am a coward lol

I am 45 and I just don’t want to get hurt plus the virus !!

I am afraid I will get pressured next Friday night

i would jump in next time. no, you arent a coward. but to me it seems like a good way to get the most out of your lessons.

Last night on Friday I did my weekly kickboxing class. Mostly low level guys like me.
Then after they had open sparing and I was going to join them but I realized it was more “ high level guys “ And big dudes and I would be over my head !!

Well... there is two ways to look at it. If you are there to spar, then you should spar.

On the other hand, you are 45. You get past your 40s, and sometimes things break.

The difference though being, that I'm assuming you have been working out for some time.

George Foreman obviously is the poster child for old guys wining the fight. You realize he was 45 when he defeated Moorer to become the heavy weight champion?

You just have to decide for yourself.

Just remember this.... If you do spar with someone, remember that they know you are 45. So they are going to go easy on you..... until you hurt them. As soon as you actually hit them with a good blow... they are going to come at you.

Don't be one of these guys that thinks "Oh I can take these hits easy!" and you land one good blow, and suddenly they start wailing on you.

Well if you know you don't have the endurance for it, then just talk to the coach.

I might give it one go. Just to see what I could do.

Fag.

Well... there is two ways to look at it. If you are there to spar, then you should spar.

On the other hand, you are 45. You get past your 40s, and sometimes things break.

The difference though being, that I'm assuming you have been working out for some time.

George Foreman obviously is the poster child for old guys wining the fight. You realize he was 45 when he defeated Moorer to become the heavy weight champion?

You just have to decide for yourself.

Just remember this.... If you do spar with someone, remember that they know you are 45. So they are going to go easy on you..... until you hurt them. As soon as you actually hit them with a good blow... they are going to come at you.

Don't be one of these guys that thinks "Oh I can take these hits easy!" and you land one good blow, and suddenly they start wailing on you.
The thing is I look 35
I look way younger

This is at your training club not the alley behind a bar, right? More advanced guys should have enough control to spar but not hurt you. You may be overthinking it.
You could be right !!
I am very cautious
I admit the virus is also really scarying me
You should just go home. Stop wasting your time. You don't learn fighting skills from others with no skill themselves, you learn by fighting people better than you, they show you where your vulnerabilities are and force you to improve.

Well unless they have tigers hidden in trap doors (ala Gladiator), and assuming the gym has strict rules for the virus, I would say you should never be afraid to test your limits. If you're hurting and can't move, always err on the side of caution.
I've gotten my ass kicked by guys half my size and I've kicked said ass of guys twice my diminutive size. That's why you should never go looking for fights. Never really know who you are dealing with. :)

Well if you know you don't have the endurance for it, then just talk to the coach.

I might give it one go. Just to see what I could do.

I don’t have the “will “
I want to train as long as I can and I cannot afford injuries and then there is this virus
I would fight in a street situation but that is by se

Well unless they have tigers hidden in trap doors (ala Gladiator), and assuming the gym has strict rules for the virus, I would say you should never be afraid to test your limits. If you're hurting and can't move, always err on the side of caution.
I've gotten my ass kicked by guys half my size and I've kicked said ass of guys twice my diminutive size. That's why you should never go looking for fights. Never really know who you are dealing with. :)
They have zero virus rules
Zero

Your post reminded me of this funny skit. Offered as casual humor rather than a put down.

Forum List

Back