Amazon - You're Fired!

Today I withdrew my name from Amazon.com, and closed my account.

Here's why >> they have banned police from using their facial recognition technology. Oh yeah, I'm sure they're going to make some big high & mighty claim about racial profiling and discrimination (never mind that they engage profusely in Affirmative Action)

So Amazon has made a choice. They can side with their law-abiding customers and the police, or they can side with the terrorist Black Lives Matter, and all their criminal supporters. And I have made a choice also. They will not get another dime out of me.

So you believe in big all powerful government police state? So when the facial recognition falsely accuses people or IRS mess up your taxes claiming you owe more than you ever made, the jack boot thugs will take everything & jail you for many years? You should go to hell first!
I'm still waiting on the $1200. I was going to retire again !

So, the right is now about invasion of privacy by police. Just like you are now for militarization of our cities. Just like you are now for massive deficits and debts.

The Republicans like Reagan , HW Bush, Bob Dole are turning over in their graves because of how easy Trump hads made you flip on all the Republiucan policies of the past.
Yeah ? Like WHAT policies ?

No, that would be authoritarian government at its worst.

What gets me is that so precious few of you (Democrat, Republican, whatever) grasp the basic "shoe on the other foot" concept. Do you realize, that if we allow Trump to do the kind insane shit you're calling for, Democrats will be implicitly authorized to do the same thing when they're in power. Do you really want that?
You do what is right. When you start thinking about what you can't do, you don't belong in government.

While I would normally come down on the side of the police, I have a problem with what the software apparently does.

"Amazon banned police use of its face-recognition technology for a year, making it the latest tech giant to step back from law-enforcement use of systems that have faced criticism for incorrectly identifying people with darker skin."

If it mistakenly identifies those with a darker skin color, that's bad. I don't want the black gentleman who lives down the street from me identified as a criminal when, in reality, it was some riotous monkey who was the actual perpetrator...
I wonder the who the "criticism" came from. And the word "If", is a big word.

Here's why >> they have banned police from using their facial recognition technology. Oh yeah, I'm sure they're going to make some big high & mighty claim about racial profiling and discrimination (never mind that they engage profusely in Affirmative Action)

So Amazon has made a choice. They can side with their law-abiding customers and the police, or they can side with the terrorist Black Lives Matter, and all their criminal supporters. And I have made a choice also. They will not get another dime out of me.

I fired their asses long ago because their service went to shit. Then they started trying to get fools to pay them just for using their service with that prime bullshit. That'll be a cold day in hell. It's very rare that I buy anything though Amazon anymore. It almost has to be a no other choice situation.

Amazon, like a multitude of other businesses, published a statement so that their warehouses wouldn't be looted and destroyed.

No, that would be authoritarian government at its worst.

What gets me is that so precious few of you (Democrat, Republican, whatever) grasp the basic "shoe on the other foot" concept. Do you realize, that if we allow Trump to do the kind insane shit you're calling for, Democrats will be implicitly authorized to do the same thing when they're in power. Do you really want that?
You do what is right. When you start thinking about what you can't do, you don't belong in government.
What does that even mean? Are you drunk again?

Doesn't seem like you even read my post. Too many big words?

Bragging that you support the big government spying on every American. What is the next step you are going to support?

No one is spying on me.

If they were they'd be bored out of their skulls. And besides this thread is about Amazon refusing to let police use their facial recognition software so in all actuality Amazon is stopping the government from using their software to spy on people

Right, Amazon won't let the government use it's software to spy on people and you are upset over that. That's exactly what I said. What next step would you support?
I'm not upset over that at all.

You might want to go back and read what I said.

Read slowly and carefully. If you have to use your finger to follow the text and move your lips as you read it's OK no one will know

You are upset or you wouldn't dismiss it with "they are not spying on me". That is what they want to do and it's irrelevant whether you not it thinks it matters.

Wrong again.

IDAGF if Amazon lets the cops use its software or not.

You're the one who seems to think that everyone is spying on you but I hear that it helps stop the government from reading your mind if you wear a tin foil hat.

You should care.

Why?

I'm not a criminal so nothing is going to happen to me if cops use facial recognition software.

Not everything is about you. It's about what the country was supposed to stand for. I'm not worried either but it's not about me.
Sorry to break it to you BUT you have NO expectation of Privacy in public NONE NADA ZIPPO.

So, the right is now about invasion of privacy by police. Just like you are now for militarization of our cities. Just like you are now for massive deficits and debts.

The Republicans like Reagan , HW Bush, Bob Dole are turning over in their graves because of how easy Trump hads made you flip on all the Republiucan policies of the past.
Just for you, YOU have NO EXPECTATION of PRIVACY in PUBLIC places NONE NADA ZIPPO.

Bragging that you support the big government spying on every American. What is the next step you are going to support?

No one is spying on me.

If they were they'd be bored out of their skulls. And besides this thread is about Amazon refusing to let police use their facial recognition software so in all actuality Amazon is stopping the government from using their software to spy on people

Right, Amazon won't let the government use it's software to spy on people and you are upset over that. That's exactly what I said. What next step would you support?
I'm not upset over that at all.

You might want to go back and read what I said.

Read slowly and carefully. If you have to use your finger to follow the text and move your lips as you read it's OK no one will know

You are upset or you wouldn't dismiss it with "they are not spying on me". That is what they want to do and it's irrelevant whether you not it thinks it matters.

Wrong again.

IDAGF if Amazon lets the cops use its software or not.

You're the one who seems to think that everyone is spying on you but I hear that it helps stop the government from reading your mind if you wear a tin foil hat.

You should care.

Why?

I'm not a criminal so nothing is going to happen to me if cops use facial recognition software.

Not everything is about you. It's about what the country was supposed to stand for. I'm not worried either but it's not about me.
Sorry to break it to you BUT you have NO expectation of Privacy in public NONE NADA ZIPPO.

I still don't support it.

Amazon, like a multitude of other businesses, published a statement so that their warehouses wouldn't be looted and destroyed.
They don't have armed security ? One would think they could afford it. Maybe they're just dumbasses, who are afraid of being called a "racist", by Affirmative Action supporting racists.

My post was in American English. If you don't know what it means, go back to school.

I still don't support it.
Interesting how Democrats side with lawbreakers quite often (illegal aliens, rioters, traffic blockers)

One can side with police, or they can side with criminals. Vote Republican in November. Blue Lives Matter.

My post was in American English. If you don't know what it means, go back to school.

It had nothing to do with the post your were responding to. I don't think you even read, did you?

Do you realize, that if we allow Trump to do the kind of insane shit you're calling for, Democrats will be implicitly authorized to do the same thing when they're in power. Do you really want that?

It had nothing to do with the post your were responding to. I don't think you even read, did you?

Do you realize, that if we allow Trump to do the kind of insane shit you're calling for, Democrats will be implicitly authorized to do the same thing when they're in power. Do you really want that?
WHAT "insane shit" ? I don't know of Trump doing or planning any "insane shit "

Forum List

Back