Amazon - You're Fired!

Bragging that you support the big government spying on every American. What is the next step you are going to support?

No one is spying on me.

If they were they'd be bored out of their skulls. And besides this thread is about Amazon refusing to let police use their facial recognition software so in all actuality Amazon is stopping the government from using their software to spy on people

Bragging that you support the big government spying on every American. What is the next step you are going to support?

No one is spying on me.

If they were they'd be bored out of their skulls. And besides this thread is about Amazon refusing to let police use their facial recognition software so in all actuality Amazon is stopping the government from using their software to spy on people

Right, Amazon won't let the government use it's software to spy on people and you are upset over that. That's exactly what I said. What next step would you support?

Today I withdrew my name from Amazon.com, and closed my account.

Here's why >> they have banned police from using their facial recognition technology. Oh yeah, I'm sure they're going to make some big high & mighty claim about racial profiling and discrimination (never mind that they engage profusely in Affirmative Action)

So Amazon has made a choice. They can side with their law-abiding customers and the police, or they can side with the terrorist Black Lives Matter, and all their criminal supporters. And I have made a choice also. They will not get another dime out of me.

He made about 200k while you were writing that out

No one is spying on me.

Right, Amazon won't let the government use it's software to spy on people and you are upset over that. That's exactly what I said. What next step would you support?
I'm not upset over that at all.

You might want to go back and read what I said.

Read slowly and carefully. If you have to use your finger to follow the text and move your lips as you read it's OK no one will know

No one is spying on me.

Read slowly and carefully. If you have to use your finger to follow the text and move your lips as you read it's OK no one will know

You are upset or you wouldn't dismiss it with "they are not spying on me". That is what they want to do and it's irrelevant whether you not it thinks it matters.

No one is spying on me.

You are upset or you wouldn't dismiss it with "they are not spying on me". That is what they want to do and it's irrelevant whether you not it thinks it matters.

Wrong again.

IDAGF if Amazon lets the cops use its software or not.

You're the one who seems to think that everyone is spying on you but I hear that it helps stop the government from reading your mind if you wear a tin foil hat.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You're the one who seems to think that everyone is spying on you but I hear that it helps stop the government from reading your mind if you wear a tin foil hat.

You should care.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You should care.

Why?

I'm not a criminal so nothing is going to happen to me if cops use facial recognition software.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You should care.

Why?

I'm not a criminal so nothing is going to happen to me if cops use facial recognition software.

Not everything is about you. It's about what the country was supposed to stand for. I'm not worried either but it's not about me.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You should care.

Why?

Not everything is about you. It's about what the country was supposed to stand for. I'm not worried either but it's not about me.

So you're worried that some criminal will get arrested because of facial recognition software?

So you're the one who is upset about this and are projecting that on me.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You should care.

Why?

So you're worried that some criminal will get arrested because of facial recognition software?

I'm mostly upset at how easily people are to allow big government further into their lives. Especially from those who used to complain about a big government.

No one is spying on me.

Wrong again.

You should care.

Why?

I'm mostly upset at how easily people are to allow big government further into their lives. Especially from those who used to complain about a big government.

I don't see the cops using facial recognition software as "big government" Eyewitness identification is one of the least reliable evidence used in law enforcement so there will be fewer false IDs and thus less people will be subject to the police ( government) butting into their lives.

Here's why >> they have banned police from using their facial recognition technology. Oh yeah, I'm sure they're going to make some big high & mighty claim about racial profiling and discrimination (never mind that they engage profusely in Affirmative Action)

So Amazon has made a choice. They can side with their law-abiding customers and the police, or they can side with the terrorist Black Lives Matter, and all their criminal supporters. And I have made a choice also. They will not get another dime out of me.

So, the right is now about invasion of privacy by police. Just like you are now for militarization of our cities. Just like you are now for massive deficits and debts.

The Republicans like Reagan , HW Bush, Bob Dole are turning over in their graves because of how easy Trump hads made you flip on all the Republiucan policies of the past.

Here's why >> they have banned police from using their facial recognition technology.

Private enterprise, dingleberry. Amazon didn't ban anything. They're just exercising their free market rights. If they don't want to let government use their IP, it's their call.

It would be nice if by refusing to allow the police to use the technology to catch criminal behavior, if the CEO could be charged with "aiding and abetting criminal behavior."

No, that would be authoritarian government at its worst.

What gets me is that so precious few of you (Democrat, Republican, whatever) grasp the basic "shoe on the other foot" concept. Do you realize, that if we allow Trump to do the kind insane shit you're calling for, Democrats will be implicitly authorized to do the same thing when they're in power. Do you really want that?

Last edited:
We ordinary people simply cannot cut off our nose to spite our face.

I go to websites that often proclaim in huge letters how much they adore that racist "anti-cop movement."

Of course, I do not read their loving comments.

I just do my essential business with them and leave.

I commend the OP for having the courage of his convictions.

Most of us, however, cannot afford to.

I can remember when conservatives opposed the use of facial recognition software as a invasion of privacy. Apparently it has been hijacked by the jackbooted police state mentality. I support hnot tgiving this technology to any kind of authority be it federal, state or local.

Thanks....I just canceled Prime and may cancel Amazon altogether....fuck them.
I use Walmart, Target, Sam's club....which actually does have free shipping for plus members and Ebay......

JO

We ordinary people simply cannot cut off our nose to spite our face.

I go to websites that often proclaim in huge letters how much they adore that racist "anti-cop movement."

Of course, I do not read their loving comments.

I just do my essential business with them and leave.

I commend the OP for having the courage of his convictions.

Most of us, however, cannot afford to.

Check out Sam's Club, Walmart, Target and Ebay.....

Prime is a ripoff....they actually do not have free shipping just masked billing.

JO

While I would normally come down on the side of the police, I have a problem with what the software apparently does.

"Amazon banned police use of its face-recognition technology for a year, making it the latest tech giant to step back from law-enforcement use of systems that have faced criticism for incorrectly identifying people with darker skin."

If it mistakenly identifies those with a darker skin color, that's bad. I don't want the black gentleman who lives down the street from me identified as a criminal when, in reality, it was some riotous monkey who was the actual perpetrator...

Forum List

Back