America isn't prepared to deal with crime.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
We need millions more prison beds.

Part of preparing for war is the production of body bags and coffins, in anticipation of many deaths. We need to prepare the logistics for the war on crime by provide more prison space for the millions that need to be arrested and incarcerated.

Shit, it's like pulling teeth to get the support from both the public and the politicians to maintain the beds we have.

There's a 400 bed prison (that could easily be expanded) sitting idle in my AO.

Maybe we need to give residents a choice....A prison or a wind farm. ;)

Shit, it's like pulling teeth to get the support from both the public and the politicians to maintain the beds we have.

We could use self-sustaining prisons, to let taxpayers off the hook.

We need millions more prison beds.

Part of preparing for war is the production of body bags and coffins, in anticipation of many deaths. We need to prepare the logistics for the war on crime by provide more prison space for the millions that need to be arrested and incarcerated.
Should have a surplus with all those let out cause covid

We did it to a point but back in the 70s (grew our own food/raised livestock) but I've seen wardens called on the carpet in Richmond because the cost per meal went up 2 cents.

The first place that state "austerity measures" are felt is in the correctional system. The gop was worse than the dems in that regard back when there was not much difference between the two.

Hell at one time we were canning/selling our produce commercially.....Then the state got sued saying that the state had a unfair advantage due to the use of convict labor......We ended-up having to sell cattle on the open market too and buy from dem contractors.

The women's prison in Goochland, Virginia ran the canning operation and convicts from Camp 10 picked the apples.

ls548_49804175-7360-469e-bba2-dab4835af6ef.jpg

s-l640.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I think judges handing out too many life without parole sentences is one problem we need to fix. When a judge does this we are losing that bed space until that offender dies behind bars. Do I think many criminals need to be locked up forever, you bet your ass I do. But we could sentence some to many many years in prison than release them with a monitor on their ankle. We could free up some bed space this way.

I think judges handing out too many life without parole sentences is one problem we need to fix. When a judge does this we are losing that bed space until that offender dies behind bars. Do I think many criminals need to be locked up forever, you bet your ass I do. But we could sentence some to many many years in prison than release them with a monitor on their ankle. We could free up some bed space this way.
What about the best option when dealing with killers? Death Penalty without endless appeals. Dead and gone within 5 yrs at most.

We did it to a point but back in the 70s (grew our own food/raised livestock) but I've seen wardens called on the carpet in Richmond because the cost per meal went up 2 cents.

The first place that state "austerity measures" are felt is in the correctional system. The gop was worse than the dems in that regard back when there was not much difference between the two.

Hell at one time we were canning/selling our produce commercially.....Then the state got sued saying that the state had a unfair advantage due to the use of convict labor......We ended-up having to sell cattle on the open market too and buy from dem contractors.

The women's prison in Goochland, Virginia ran the canning operation and convicts from Camp 10 picked the apples.

ls548_49804175-7360-469e-bba2-dab4835af6ef.jpg

s-l640.jpg

s-l300.jpg
I've seen that brand on apple crates up here in Wisconsin.

Nonviolent perps could be released and monitored on condition that they continue to pay their restitution penalties. If they fail...back to prison.

Prison I worked at went through a a refit.

For what they spent, they could have built 2 new ones on the same property.

Many, many, many moons ago the old prison down by Woodbridge VA was self sustaining with their brick manufacturing. Local brick making businesses had it shut down because the prison undercut their profits.

Many, many, many moons ago the old prison down by Woodbridge VA was self sustaining with their brick manufacturing. Local brick making businesses had it shut down because the prison undercut their profits.
My former workplace was on 3,000 acres, mostly farmland.

Grew wheat, corn, assorted vegetables, raised and butchered cows, had a milking barn.

All prior to 1980.

but then, it was decided that 'forcing' inmates to do the labor required to maintain self sufficient status, even tho they were paid, the majority of that work ended.

The United States is on the list of the highest incarceration rates of people put in prison.

I wonder if some of the sentencing guidlines should be looked at again.

Like there is people probably put in prison for prostitution or marijuana when it is clear the war against weed and hookers is being lost and i wonder how much goverment money is being wasted to fight those things and if that is adding to the debt put on govt.

I think there should be a thing to see how much the gov is spending to fight some things and how much of it is adding to the govt debt.

Forum List

Back