America please stop

That´s a big problem. Young people with minor crimes get jailed and in jail they become qualified criminals. The government should take all the young people and put them in the army for two years so they can learn responsibility and team work.

Right, how about you join the Army and request your whole platoon be filled with criminals, you know, they type that have a history of following the rules that you can bet your life on in a hot zone. ROFLMAO The military is not a rehab center for criminals.
You got me wrong. I didn´t mean criminals. I meant all of them. Every man should do the compulsory military service. It is also good for the advanced education and will prevent many of them from becoming criminal.

That´s a big problem. Young people with minor crimes get jailed and in jail they become qualified criminals. The government should take all the young people and put them in the army for two years so they can learn responsibility and team work.

Right, how about you join the Army and request your whole platoon be filled with criminals, you know, they type that have a history of following the rules that you can bet your life on in a hot zone. ROFLMAO The military is not a rehab center for criminals.
You got me wrong. I didn´t mean criminals. I meant all of them. Every man should do the compulsory military service. It is also good for the advanced education and will prevent many of them from becoming criminal.

I spent 26 years in the military, I served during the draft and in the all volunteer force, you can't rely on people who don't want to be there. Plus I would say more than 50% of the population are not physically or mentally suited for military service, would they get a pass in your scenario?

I spent 26 years in the military, I served during the draft and in the all volunteer force, you can't rely on people who don't want to be there. Plus I would say more than 50% of the population are not physically or mentally suited for military service, would they get a pass in your scenario?
What has happened to patriotism if the people avoid the army like the pest? People who are not fit for military service can do something else. There are surely retirement homes that can need some helping hands.

Your argument is also not very good. There are poor people who don´t want to be there but have no choice.

A compulsory military service can also help to overcome the ego-society. Humans should live together in harmony, not in tensions over occupational advantages.

What has happened to patriotism if the people avoid the army like the pest? People who are not fit for military service can do something else. There are surely retirement homes that can need some helping hands.

Your argument is also not very good. There are poor people who don´t want to be there but have no choice.

A compulsory military service can also help to overcome the ego-society. Humans should live together in harmony, not in tensions over occupational advantages.

Occupational advantages, what a great propaganda slogan, is that the new PC way of waging class warfare? Occupational advantage is gained by making appropriate personal decisions. Equal outcomes is another great propaganda slogan but kind of falls apart when you figure out you're dealing with real humans who make mistakes.

Occupational advantages, what a great propaganda slogan, is that the new PC way of waging class warfare? Occupational advantage is gained by making appropriate personal decisions. Equal outcomes is another great propaganda slogan but kind of falls apart when you figure out you're dealing with real humans who make mistakes.
Let´s just think about the managers who get millions for decruiting people and outsourcing factories.
Or about the best friends who blow away each other for a good job.

Let´s just think about the managers who get millions for decruiting people and outsourcing factories.

Spoken like a true Marxist, BTW have you got one real example where someone blew away their best friend for a "good job"?

Spoken like a true Marxist, BTW have you got one real example where someone blew away their best friend for a "good job"?
You know what I mean.

You know what I mean.

Actually, I know you threw crap out there with nothing to back it up. Not a good way to win friends and influence people.

You know what I mean.

Actually, I know you threw crap out there with nothing to back it up. Not a good way to win friends and influence people.
That crap is supposed to fill the vacuum, that undiscovered space between total capitalism and soviet communism.

Sorry idiots......the way we handle criminal justice is going to be changed. There will be more free young black men moving forward. We tried it your way. It doesn't work.

id love to see less young black men in the criminal system. But that would mean they need to make choices that help them avoid it.

and strictly speaking putting criminals in prison is far better than the traditional leftwing viewpoint of murdering them. Especially since most of them aren't actually criminals being put to death but rather political adversaries the criminals in charge dont like.

"What is it with the excessively large prison population?"

Mandatory minimum sentencing, 'three strikes' laws, particularly with regard to possession of small amounts of drugs is the primary cause.

Sorry idiots......the way we handle criminal justice is going to be changed. There will be more free young black men moving forward. We tried it your way. It doesn't work.

id love to see less young black men in the criminal system. But that would mean they need to make choices that help them avoid it.

and strictly speaking putting criminals in prison is far better than the traditional leftwing viewpoint of murdering them. Especially since most of them aren't actually criminals being put to death but rather political adversaries the criminals in charge dont like.
He thinks that everything will magically solved if you make police officers 'less racist', as if that was anything to do with it - rather than high unemployment, poverty, and crime, in black communities. But a lot of these communities haven't had social mobility, and haven't changed since the riots after Martin Luther King Jr's death.

What happened in Baltimore is clear evidence of a wider problem, not just corruption and racism in the criminal justice system. It is the fact, that there aren't parents and community figures to keep violence under control, and there is not enough motivation or jobs out there to get people out of poverty.

Weak post. Are you ever going to try?

Choices are not the issue. Please learn something while you are here.

Six Charts that Explain Why Our Prison System Is So Insane

America please stop jailing so many people! What is it with the excessively large prison population? Is there something about American culture that creates so many scumbags? Before anyone calls me a liberal on criminal justice I say I support the execution of the Boston bombers.

My opinion, when Clinton got away with lying to the Grand Jury several hundred times the days of respect for the law took a turn to Who Cares. The drug culture of the 60's, parents being friends and not really parents, a general lack of ethics, the Me Me Me generation, lack of faith, the rise of liberalism .. eh, the list goes on and it's ponderous.
As usual your opinion is ignorant, ridiculous, and wrong.

I don't think it would be a horrible idea to look around the world for ideas. For example:

1. What are the exact definitions of various crimes around the world? Are ours tighter?
2. How are non-violent criminals dealt with differently?
3. How do they deal with recidivism? What can be done while these guys are in jail?
4. Do other countries treat ex-cons differently? If so, how?

I realize we're not supposed to "communicate" or "cooperate" here in American to deal with problems, it's all about finger-pointing and name-calling, I'm just curious.

He thinks that everything will magically solved if you make police officers 'less racist', as if that was anything to do with it - rather than high unemployment, poverty, and crime, in black communities. But a lot of these communities haven't had social mobility, and haven't changed since the riots after Martin Luther King Jr's death.

What happened in Baltimore is clear evidence of a wider problem, not just corruption and racism in the criminal justice system. It is the fact, that there aren't parents and community figures to keep violence under control, and there is not enough motivation or jobs out there to get people out of poverty.

You are...like most nutters...doing a shitty job of ignoring me.

I don't think it would be a horrible idea to look around the world for ideas. For example:

1. What are the exact definitions of various crimes around the world? Are ours tighter?
2. How are non-violent criminals dealt with differently?
3. How do they deal with recidivism? What can be done while these guys are in jail?
4. Do other countries treat ex-cons differently? If so, how?

I realize we're not supposed to "communicate" or "cooperate" here in American to deal with problems, it's all about finger-pointing and name-calling, I'm just curious.

If you are genuinely curious, I will gladly supply links for your review.

America please stop jailing so many people! What is it with the excessively large prison population? Is there something about American culture that creates so many scumbags? Before anyone calls me a liberal on criminal justice I say I support the execution of the Boston bombers.

It's about society that no longer EXPECTS people to follow the rules. People mot EXPECTS that they can get away with things because they're a certain color or gender. There are no consequences so people don't believe they'll ever gave to pay for their crimes.

Forum List

Back