American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

British Band leader Henry Hall plays "Just Little Bits And Pieces" - 1935​

I had to include this as it's very very rare. This is a restored 1932 reproducing piano. Remember this piano was originally built when about 1 in 4 Americans were out of work (and many of those with a job didn't bring home much). The GREAT DEPRESSION was in full swing. So only a very rich person could have purchased this extravagance. A reproducing piano not only played the notes, it also worked the petals as the original musician played it. The selection played is I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU.

Last edited:
Words and Music by Walter Donaldson Performed by Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians Recorded November 11, 1930

Guy Lombardo - You're Driving Me Crazy (1930)​

Paul Whiteman 1934 Victor Orthophic electric 78 rpm I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU (some pretty racy lyrics for the time).

The High Hatters, a Victor studio band, recorded some of the best dance music of its time.

Most of their songs are on top of my vintage list! :2up:

The High Hatters - Red Hot And Blue Rhythm, Victor 1930​

Good night y'all friends...:mm: yes yes yes hehe

Xavier Cugat " Para vigo me voy " 1935 Conga​

Paul Tremaine Orch. 1929 Hot! Roaring Twenties - "Is There A Place Up There For Me?"​

Paul Tremaine's Orch. - Steamboat Bill, 1930 - (film from Buster Keaton’s silent comedy “Steamboat Bill” from 1928)​

Absolutely wonderful my friends, encompassing the total spirit of America 1920s.

My favorite tune from Paul Tremaine.

Paul Tremaine and His Aristocrats - Four/ Four Rhythm, 1929​

Roaring Twenties: Sid Sydney's Orchestra - 1926​

Could I? I Certainly Could - :up: :mm:

hmmm ...come here lets talk and dance..:dance:

Ben Bernie & His Orch. - Miss Annabelle Lee, 1927​

The great Coleman Hawkins! I have so much music of him! This is another favorite! :thup:

Coleman HAWKINS "Hello, Lola"​

With this gorgeous instrumental tune I say good night.

Coleman Hawkins - For You, For Me, For Evermore - Englewood Cliffs, NJ., January 29, 1960​

A young Bing Crosby among all those talented performers....love it!:dance:

King Of Jazz (1930) : Happy Feet​

I'll post this again...because this is what this thread is all about....from the early 60s all the way back to the 1920s

Latin America early 60s....great great music....! for my friends here who speak a little bit of Spanish :up:

Bobby Capo - Llorando Me Dormi (release 1960)​

Still in South America....in Argentina now....1959...so beautiful ... I want to go back... wow ....so nice....a little bit of Spanish here ! not illegal scum....but legal Spanish.

Dímelo Tú - Los Cinco Latinos.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back