American Atheists Lose.. 9-11 Cross stays.

I have no faith, idiot. There is no cause for suit unless there were other religious symbols in the rubble that were denied display. Your tantrums are not evidence. :lol:
Yes, several massive building collapse and a miracle happens, one destroyed piece just happens to look like a cross so the Christians rush to pray underneath it as if it was sent by God, and then fight like hell to protect it and display it because of its religious nature using government funds.

Irrelevant. You got nothing and the Christians won this. Sucks to be you.
Nothing like irrelevant.

And here's the funny thing, in all these pages of fighting, no one bothered to reference the court decisions, or read them apparently, which I finally did yesterday, and based upon the context the cross is in, and while I don't like the way its been dealt with, it's allowed since it is being treated as essentially historic, an artifact, not religious in nature or display. It's still too close to the line for my taste but on we go.

Were the Christians able to acknowledge that it matters to them because it is religious in nature, and therefore should be dealt with carefully and without using public funds, this would have been a very short argument...

Were there remnants from the towers that survived in the shapes of other religious symbols? Oh, there weren't?

You have no ground zero to stand on, moron. :eusa_clap:
Oh but I do, and courts agree, which is why it went through them. It's a Christian symbol and you have to be careful about using public funds supporting those. Your casual attitude about such things simply shows that as long as your faith wins, you don't give a damn about anyone else...

I have no faith, idiot. There is no cause for suit unless there were other religious symbols in the rubble that were denied display. Your tantrums are not evidence. :lol:

The beam that was in the rubble is not the same beam that is at the monument thus your logic fails.

Oh but I do, and courts agree, which is why it went through them. It's a Christian symbol and you have to be careful about using public funds supporting those. Your casual attitude about such things simply shows that as long as your faith wins, you don't give a damn about anyone else...

Yes, several massive building collapse and a miracle happens, one destroyed piece just happens to look like a cross so the Christians rush to pray underneath it as if it was sent by God, and then fight like hell to protect it and display it because of its religious nature using government funds.

Except they didn't use that miraculous beam in the monument they substituted another in it's place.

The beam that was in the rubble is not the same beam that is at the monument thus your logic fails.

Why did they switch the beams? And did this replacement beam fall in its current form, or was it cut into the shape of the cross from a larger piece? Do you know?

Why did they switch the beams? And did this replacement beam fall in its current form, or was it cut into the shape of the cross from a larger piece? Do you know?

This is the beam that was in the rubble.
wtc-cross.jpg

It's got a curve but we have the technology to straighten out such things so that isn't my point. However the Central beam is turned so the flat face is front and back and the U space is left and right. The cross beam is the opposite and sticks through a hole through the U shaped sides of the central beam.

This is the beam that is at the monument.
WTC-Cross.jpg

Notice the center beam now has the front and back U shaped and the sides are flat.
The hole for the cross beam that went through the U shaped sides is now through the flat sides. ie. the center beam was turned and the hole for the cross beam was moved.

Thus, it's not the same beam.

That doesn't answer my questions. The picture you chose of the rubble, was that the only "cross" to appear in the aftermath?

That doesn't answer my questions. The picture you chose of the rubble, was that the only "cross" to appear in the aftermath?

Never mind. Old Google strikes again-

Your little Alex Jones style shenanigans have been debunked. There were evidently a number of crosses left standing at ground zero and they used this one.

$article-2577407-1C2AF3E100000578-789_634x818.jpg

So GTFO.

wtc-cross.jpg

It's got a curve but we have the technology to straighten out such things so that isn't my point. However the Central beam is turned so the flat face is front and back and the U space is left and right. The cross beam is the opposite and sticks through a hole through the U shaped sides of the central beam.

WTC-Cross.jpg

Notice the center beam now has the front and back U shaped and the sides are flat.
The hole for the cross beam that went through the U shaped sides is now through the flat sides. ie. the center beam was turned and the hole for the cross beam was moved.

Have there been any complaints?

wtc-cross.jpg

WTC-Cross.jpg

Have there been any complaints?

Don't you think it ruins the point of the display being a substitute? Illiterating even more so that it's symbolism is the fact that it's the christian cross and not because it was the remains from the rubble.

The lack of faith is not a faith lol.
I agree but the courts do not and require equal treatment in this case, which isn't happening, hardly a surprise in the US.

Were there remnants from the towers that survived in the shapes of other religious symbols? Oh, there weren't?

You have no ground zero to stand on, moron. :eusa_clap:

Was there any wreckage in this shape?

No there wasn't lol. That is not the point. The point is if the Atheists wanted to put up a monument of their own no one would stop them. But that is not their goal. They want the same thing as Vegans and homosexuals. To make everyone agree with their point of view.

They fight because they don't want public funds used to support private faiths, or their symbols in this case. Why do you care about a bent piece of steel from a collapsed building? Oh right, because it looks like a Cross, the Symbol of Christianity...

The left tends to use that point until those funds interferes with something they fully support and believe, like public funds supporting planned parenthood. I'm sure not everyone agrees with their ties to abortion, yet the left will fight that a woman's rights are none of anyone else's business .... just so long as it's not "religious" opinions that are being forced upon through public funds.
Supporting birth control for teens has nothing to do with promoting religion using public funds. We all pay for what we don't approve of. Stop mixing crosses and condoms.

Planned Parenthood can get all the financial support they need from private donors, the same way the Boy Scouts, and our nation's oldest organization "The Salvation Army" can. They have both done just fine for YEARS without one dime in government funding support. Let's keep our Federal Govwrnment out of controversial issues and cut the umbilical cord of funding from taxpayers who don't agree or support Planned Parenthood's abortion influential views. The organization is not in dire need of federal funding and they can do just fine finding plenty of private donors that are supportive of their abortion views. In fact Planned Parenthood can learn from the Salvation Army, a private organization that remains successful in supporting those low income families in need.

Forum List

Back