Americans are not buying it that the economy is doing well under this Administration

Gee, how did that happen?

bidum says we're doing well but We the People don't agree? How can that be?

Hey, I know! Most Americans are not stupid?

I tape Face the Nation just to keep tabs on the enemy, and this pretty much what Biden's economic spokeshole said yesterday - that people just don't realize of how good they have it.

You can only shake you head at nonsense like that.

Why the fuck would you do that? Some of us actually work to better ourselves so we get paid more.

And how would the Fed Govt do such a thing?
People are supposed to go up the ladder or move to higher paying jobs to earn more money, not just sit there and expect more for doing the same thing. In case you haven't noticed, as people get paid more wages, they don't keep up with inflation. Making more money just leads to more inflation, of which wages don't keep up. The leftists in government have been promoting policies which lead to increases in wages. We need to do the opposite. And, I did mention other things other than that, which you conveniently ignored.

Nope, I do 90% of the food shopping for the wife and I.

Yes, food got more expensive, but our wage growth more than made up for it.

If your life is so shitty do something to better it.
Last month was the first time in two years under Biden that wage growth surpassed his inflation.

I know I'm not.

I know because I go gorcery shopping, I pay my own bills, and so on.

I know because I am a building guy for the company I work for and I have to order parts for myself and bring contractors to do work to the point where I'm responsible for the spending of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. And I can tell you easily things cost 2 to 3 times as much as they did even 3 years ago.

So many peoples only metric for how well we're doing economically speaking is the price of gas.

People are supposed to go up the ladder or move to higher paying jobs to earn more money, not just sit there and expect more for doing the same thing.

One can make themselves more valuable to their employer without moving up.

In case you haven't noticed, as people get paid more wages, they don't keep up with inflation

It is starting to, and it needs to happen for a while because prices never come back down, wages just rise up to meet them.

The leftists in government have been promoting policies which lead to increases in wages. We need to do the opposite.

We do not need either. The Govt should not have a fucking hand in it unless you are some sort of a big government loving moron.

And, I did mention other things other than that, which you conveniently ignored.

This one is a deal breaker, so the rest do not really matter.

Last edited:
People who say things are good under Bidum are lying. It's as simple as that (unless maybe thye are SO rich, they don't even look at their receipts when leaving the store.. like maybe they have a maid do all that shopping )

People who say things are good under Bidum are lying. It's as simple as that (unless maybe thye are SO rich, they don't even look at their receipts when leaving the store.. like maybe they have a maid do all that shopping )
Or they still live with mommy.

Considering it’s been a little over a year they conservatives were screaming that we were in a recession that never actually happened, things aren’t going all that badly.

Considering it’s been a little over a year they conservatives were screaming that we were in a recession that never actually happened, things aren’t going all that badly.
yeh, it was more like a depression

more people lost their homes in '22 and '21 than in 2008.

Yeh... looking more like a depression than a recession. Either way, bidim is bad news for USA

I know I'm not.

I know because I go gorcery shopping, I pay my own bills, and so on.

I know because I am a building guy for the company I work for and I have to order parts for myself and bring contractors to do work to the point where I'm responsible for the spending of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. And I can tell you easily things cost 2 to 3 times as much as they did even 3 years ago.

So many peoples only metric for how well we're doing economically speaking is the price of gas.
Me too. Up until recently I was a personal shopper for a couple seniors for several years.

Everything has more than doubled since Biden took office. Some things may go down a few cents because people won’t purchase them at such high prices ( see bread,eggs,milk). But they are still high.

Other things keep going up in price ( see meat,chips,soda,pet food,cosmetics,cleaning supplies,clothes,shoes ).

I even went to Lowe’s to buy bricks that used to cost 2.50 two years ago and they were charging between 4.95 - 8.00. Now. A front door you could purchase for $150.00 now cost over $300.00

Rent went up 300.00 or more depending on the place.

Utilities doubled.

Forum List

Back